"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:34:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some thoughts about factions  (Read 1072 times)

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
Some thoughts about factions
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:45:16 am »

There are NPC factions in game that have relations between each other (i.e. there isnt much love between Enclave and BoS). And there are player factions that technically doesnt have any relations with those NPC factions. So there goes idea to introduce faction reputation that represents actions performed by player faction members (i.e. killing members of npc faction, making quests etc. etc.), and such faction reputation should have some impact on members own reputations.
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"
Re: Some thoughts about factions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:43 am »

It was suggested long time ago. I think it was discarded is highly abusable, alt-encouraging, hard to implement feature. With current way of player faction organisation it has practicaly no sense. (multiple bases lots of friend alts etc....)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 12:15:49 pm »

i think it's better to add ability to player-faction make alliance with 1 npc faction through group quests...
Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:48:21 pm »

The idea is good, but I think it's hard to implement.
Create an alt that's faction leader and have 1 or 2 other people create an alt for important membership.
Use those alts to get a base, create a faction and add the rest of the bunch as friends.
Friends aren't faction members, so they don't get bad rep for what the faction does.

Also if I get a bad rep with Enclave, I should be able to improve it by killing BoS.
Or killing NCR faction members to improve my rep with raiders, etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 05:56:00 am »

ncr - unite
vc - raders
enclave - bos

alliance not mean that gang become (for example) part of BoS... they just ally, so only gang members(not friends) got access to BoS, but also i think that only guys who solved group quest from this gang r trusted... so all new members must prove themselves to this faction through group quest before gaining access to BoS. This maybe attack on one of the bases of opposite faction for proving and HUGE quest for alliance.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:00:12 am by ASDu »
Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 11:15:50 am »

Good idea, but imho works only when people have member status in thier bases.
What if I have a "friend" status in all my faction's bases?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.