"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:36:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Decent EW Sniper build?  (Read 1546 times)

Decent EW Sniper build?
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:47:21 am »

First character ever. After reading up a bit, I came up with this build for an EW Sniper. Viable? Effective? I opted for 2x the aimed shots and more survivability rather than more critical hit chance.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Decent EW Sniper build?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:29 pm »

if your not gonna take more crits you have to take finnesse.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:58 pm »

More criticals and Finesse sound terrible and not worth a perk slot/30 DR penalty. Crit chance currently with my build is approximately 60% at eyes. That means with the two shots I get from this build, I have an 80% chance of critting once, and a 60% possibility of critting twice in a row. That sounds perfectly fine to me. Adding 5-25% to that chance in exchange for 1-3 perk slots/Trait slot and 30DR just sounds stupid IMO. If I were to consider getting more crit chance, then I'd just take points out of AGI and put it into luck and make up with Action Boy in place of Living Anatomy. That already would give me more crit chance than swapping LA out with More Criticals.

I AM iffy about Living Anatomy though. Wondering if there's anything else worthwhile I can put in place of it.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:28:02 pm by Richtropolis »

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 01:39:44 pm »

I had experimented with very simillar  build and I reccomend you to exchange Living Anatomy for Action boy. You can tell tthe diffrence between 10Aps and 11Aps. Also, have you considered cigs&nuka? It would gave you two free points, best invested in LK or EN.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:53:59 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions everybody. Bantz, I did think about cigs and nuka colas, but ultimately decided that since it's my first character, I don't want to have to keep getting those items and rely on them, even though from what I hear, they're cheap. I am thinking of swapping out LA for either Action Boy or Increased Luck. I'm thinking if I take Action Boy though, I might take 2 points out of AGI. But you say there is a noticeable difference between 10 and 11 AP? From your experience with your similar build, how well did it fare?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:15:30 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions everybody. Bantz, I did think about cigs and nuka colas, but ultimately decided that since it's my first character, I don't want to have to keep getting those items and rely on them, even though from what I hear, they're cheap. I am thinking of swapping out LA for either Action Boy or Increased Luck. I'm thinking if I take Action Boy though, I might take 2 points out of AGI. But you say there is a noticeable difference between 10 and 11 AP? From your experience with your similar build, how well did it fare?

AP regenerates depending on the AP total, so higher total = higher regen

And since you're energy and a lot of armors have high res, you should get higher LK (to get more crits)

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 11:44:30 pm »

I have a build with 10 AP and with 11 AP and the diffrence is noticable if you are trapped in close space with some BG  and you just have to shoot.  On a sniper range in TC its not that usefull, eventhough still noticable. But maybe you can stick with 10 aps, take Action boy and put the two points from AGI in LK.

P.S. In Hinkley 11APs are realy nice.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.