"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:29:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Disable Cyrillic alphabet for naming characters  (Read 8766 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Disable Cyrillic alphabet for naming characters
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 07:30:00 pm »

If there are russian players who cannot read latin, how are they supposed to participate in testing if the general testing language for writing reports is made in english and with latin letters?

I think that it is matter of propriety. Major part of community is from Russia, main programator too (Cvet), players often migrate from one server to another depends on entertaiment, playability, phase of era .... . This step will be little vulgar. And now we are in situation, when players are leaving and this would not help at all to solve this problem. Thats all from me :)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 07:40:28 pm »

I think that it is matter of propriety. Major part of community is from Russia, main programator too (Cvet), players often migrate from one server to another depends on entertaiment, playability, phase of era .... . This step will be little vulgar. And now we are in situation, when players are leaving and this would not help at all to solve this problem. Thats all from me :)

But we dont solving problem of "massive leaving from server" ...
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

But we dont solving problem of "massive leaving from server" ...

We are counting advantages and disadvantages of disabling cyrilic (nicks) in 2238. So yes, "migration" is part of this problem too, like other dis(advantages) me or somebody else wrote. And as i remember, you were friend of CND, russian players that last era joined North Alliance. Seriously, i dont think they will come back again, if client would be Russia (cyrilic) hostile..

But maybe this discusion is absolutely useless. I know that 2238 devs are desperade and often dependent to Cvet and Cvet would not program special kind of client only for this server. And as i know troubles during eliminating TC bugs (and many others), best result of cyrilic elimination would be simplified chineese.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:47 pm »

We are counting advantages and disadvantages of disabling cyrilic (nicks) in 2238. So yes, "migration" is part of this problem too, like other dis(advantages) me or somebody else wrote. And as i remember, you were friend of CND, russian players that last era joined North Alliance. Seriously, i dont think they will come back again, if client would be Russia (cyrilic) hostile..

But maybe this discusion is absolutely useless. I know that 2238 devs are desperade and often dependent to Cvet and Cvet would not program special kind of client only for this server. And as i know troubles during eliminating TC bugs (and many others), best result of cyrilic elimination would be simplified chineese.

If you remember CND so almost all from them had nick in latin (A. Buthurt, C. Landa, etc)...

Strange that they could nick in latin and "some" russians which you defending here cant. Didnt remember that they had any problem with nick in latin.
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 09:39:27 pm »

What does someone's national bias have to do with his ability to read, write and recognize foreign letters?
It's just that names in cyrilic are imposssible to be recognized (and even pronounced) by non russian player.
I can read cyrilic. I'm non-russian. It's a matter of few days to learn that, I don't see the problem.
As I said, someone has to be narrow-minded...
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »

I can read cyrilic. I'm non-russian. It's a matter of few days to learn that, I don't see the problem.
As I said, someone has to be narrow-minded...

Yeah, but cirillic isnt most typeface on the world right ?
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:04 pm »

No. But on 2238 - it's majority.
It's like... A tribute to the FOnline engine maker. And the big Russian community.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 09:53:25 pm »

how about just to allow players to see cyrillic as latin if they want? Could work vice versa as well I believe. ( correct me if cyrillic is not a-z )
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2010, 09:56:24 pm »

It's not.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »

Ah I see, therfore it is not possible to write english sentences in cyrillic and it's not possible to write russian language in latin either.
For names however, phonetical rewrites might still be better than not being able to comprehend or write name at all.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2010, 10:10:32 pm »

it's not possible to write russian language in latin either.
Nope. We can do that. It's called transliteration.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2010, 10:12:55 pm »

I dont get it. What is the reason for such suggestion? Failed to learn 33 letters?
Name colorizing? Only namecolorizing we have - click then pick a devil guy.
So only reason to exclude cyrilic names is discrimination

My suggestion vs this - implement an option. If somebody want to - he switches to AUTOTRANSLIT for Cyrillic names.
And everyone is happy

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:36 pm »

English server should have no cyrylic PERIOD. Russians have TLA and their own SDK... and the SDK is not english so why should we be so generous
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2010, 10:28:27 pm »

English server should have no cyrylic PERIOD

Ok, you hate Russians and don't want to play with them. Please quit fonline as Cvet... (you know)
NOT FAIR NOT FAIR - because Russians cannot use native language without Cyrillic.
So everybody will have ability to speak native language except Russians. Great idea!

Russians have TLA and their own SDK...

Yes, you need as low online as it possible. So you can farm without been pked. May be it's you should start your own server for your own and your Russians haters pals?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2010, 11:02:35 pm »

Guys what the hell is you're problem? We don't talking about removing cyrillic from game. Only disable it for naming characters. Damn, chinese, coreans or greek can't even talk in game in their own alphabet, I wouldn't mind if they could. As long I can read their name. Same goes for russian. I have nothing against them, don't have been more PKed by them, nothing personal against them. I just want to be able to read their name.

Oh and Floodnik. You're not russian and can understand it. Great. Can you understand chinese (I guess you're not) ?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.