"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 11:18:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is my sniper build good?  (Read 4715 times)

Re: Is my sniper build good?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 11:14:34 am »

This whole drug thing seems unreasonable. I don't want to have to farm drugs just to use my character at full strength. Thanks for all your help though=)
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:14 pm »

well you intended to make a combat sniper and drugs are the best way to maximise the potential but yes that is a drawback, you either need to get yourself into a faction which will supply drugs or you hoard them yourself. Then again you have to ask yourself why are you making such a build?

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 02:07:15 pm »

I'm making a build because it seems like what I would want to play... generally I play sniper.

Alrighty, so here's my revised spec:

2/10/6/1/6/10/6 Sm Gun/FA/Doc || /Awareness/Weapon Handling/Lifegiver/Better Critical/Bonus Rate of Fire

Now here's my main question. I cannot get weapon handling until level 12, so what do i use until then? Because pistols require 4 str.

Thanks

Soaren

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 03:21:21 pm »

you dont get weapon handling until 15 because at 12 you MUST take lifegiver (+4 hit for every level after so if you wait 3 lv you lose +12 hit)

Until you use the fearsome desert eagle or a mauser with some penality, but you use it for aim in the eyes of molerat so no problem,
and you may use grenade for throwing at mantis near when you are surrounded a easy 420 xp (+ fa after)
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »

This whole drug thing seems unreasonable. I don't want to have to farm drugs just to use my character at full strength. Thanks for all your help though=)
Not using drugs is like playing for unarmed character. Why someone plays unarmed? Because he is too lazy to get guns and simply want to kill everything with bare hands. If you aren't too lazy to get gun to play for SG, then why can't you use drugs?... Just count drugs as ammo or weapon that you should to get to use your character. If cigs and nuka can be bought, then you can make -1 to both these stats in your build, I don't find any problem in this, 30 minutes is alot, the only problem is you must have a tent near Hinkley if you want to participate there in full strength, because you need to leave arena every 30 minutes, get x1 each drug, come to gates, use all drugs and come in. If not Hinkley, then drugs are really useful and again, ignoring something that has no drawbacks isn't reasonable. Clean builds in comparison to druggy builds is like unarmed builds to ranged-weapon builds, they simply require less resources, but they less effective. Without drugs you can't use all potential and can't make your build to operate on max.

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 05:48:21 pm »

I prefer this build
ST6 PE9(8) EN4 CH1 IN4(5) AG10 LK6
Skils
EW FA OUT
Perks
Awarness
m. crits
b. crits
live giverx2
m. crits x2
On lvl 21 u have 177hp 200EW 96 Out rest in FA
U need 2 have tent around SF ( two shopsthat cane use players whit 1ch)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:51:22 pm by Swiatowid »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.