"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 05, 2024, 12:14:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Stealing out of control ! Tighten the leash...  (Read 7937 times)

Re: Stealing out of control ! Tighten the leash...
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2010, 10:03:56 pm »

Why don't you start stealing while wearing CA if it's so easy to get?

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=11937.msg99391#msg99391
Jacob was sold out.
I was wearing a tesla armor and carrying 2 metal armors mk 1 and, a 64% det. laser rifle with 11 MFC from an encounter and I might have had some caps and some weak healing powder on me as well.

So what? You didn't suffer any material losses.

I'd like to know where got that idea?
It's not like thieves steal 1 item, leave and come back for a 2nd hoping their victim didn't notice the item missing and is still around waiting to lose more.

Because that would be a waste of CA. It's easy to get it or not, it's still a waste ;)He lost his TIME. Time is very important in real life and in this game. Thieves need patience.

Patience is a virtue.
Some people don't understand that.
It's only a waste if I fail and if I get killed.
2 big ifs, especially as lots of people are afraid to shoot you as they're scared to lose the rest of their items when hitting the wrong person.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 12:48:02 pm »

Think they need to add more synergy with sneak (with reworking it ofc) and add roll for sneak skill when trying to peak in victim's inventory.
First because of stealing effeciency it should have requirements on par with crafting proffesions ( which always req. 2 skills to work standalone ), because you can steal from more than just players...
Later because it'd fix much of abuse and allow offended players to win over thief ( by making thief sooner or later revealed ).
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2010, 08:13:29 am »

I don't think the devs need to meddle much with the thieving mechanic rather than just let us exact vengeance upon whoever steals from you for longer periods of time (ie. hours), so that the person who steals doest just leave area and come back to bug you again. Sure, the "global" timer should remain short, but you should personally be able to engage him for a long period of time.
Only this is needed to stop excessive abuse imho.
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2010, 07:46:45 pm »

Only certain sold items give +rep. Haven't tested much but ropes are one product that might get you additional rep but only to certain merchants. Sha Enin or Buster used to provide +rep if you sold him ropes. So basically a thief needs to do some crimes, then sell some farmed crap items to a local merchant. In San Fran I raised my rep up to 1000 during one day by just selling ropes to The Western Star shopkeeper. 

I've tested rep thingy. It goes like this:
You get reputation bonus when you sell items to a merchant, who normally DOESN'T sell them. When you sell guns to a doctor you get reputation bonus (but much less cash than you would get by selling it at gunshop), but if you sell jet/stims to this doctor you don't get rep, but he pays more money for drugs.

So basicaly you sell stuff cheap, but instead you get some reputation bonus.
 Guitar Hero: Fallout
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 12:15:50 pm »

Think they need to add more synergy with sneak (with reworking it ofc) and add roll for sneak skill when trying to peak in victim's inventory.
First because of stealing effeciency it should have requirements on par with crafting proffesions ( which always req. 2 skills to work standalone ), because you can steal from more than just players...
Later because it'd fix much of abuse and allow offended players to win over thief ( by making thief sooner or later revealed ).

This makes stealing virtually impossible. People sneaking are always visible on a 3 hex range.
Not all professions require 2 skills, BG and SG require 2 and armorer requires 1.
Also something like bartering also requires only 1 skill and it is even more efficient than stealing as it's always 100% successful.
You can be 100% successful against any thief by simply putting 1 hex distance between you and the thief.

I don't think the devs need to meddle much with the thieving mechanic rather than just let us exact vengeance upon whoever steals from you for longer periods of time (ie. hours), so that the person who steals doest just leave area and come back to bug you again. Sure, the "global" timer should remain short, but you should personally be able to engage him for a long period of time.
Only this is needed to stop excessive abuse imho.

Thieves lose protection when they fail. I think that stays the way now after you die for about 1 real-time hour.
Yes, you can come back to try to steal again, but you can shoot the thief than, even before he tries to steal again.
Main problem with the stealing skill is people abusing it for grieving.

I've tested rep thingy. It goes like this:
You get reputation bonus when you sell items to a merchant, who normally DOESN'T sell them. When you sell guns to a doctor you get reputation bonus (but much less cash than you would get by selling it at gunshop), but if you sell jet/stims to this doctor you don't get rep, but he pays more money for drugs.

So basicaly you sell stuff cheap, but instead you get some reputation bonus.

Thanks for letting us know that. That's useful information.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 18 queries.