Like it
- 2 (66.7%)
Not bad, but I don't like some of the values
- 1 (33.3%)
Don't like it
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Method to maybe stop repair and craft alts?  (Read 927 times)

Method to maybe stop repair and craft alts?
« on: December 08, 2010, 05:40:48 pm »

Ok, so apparently a thing that has been talked quite some times is a method that makes people not forced to make alts

So 2 common reason for alts is crafting and repairing (Not saying those are the only reasons)

Now, I said "forced" in the beginning for a reason. Because even very basic items / ammo, require you to alter your char too much (in SP and SPECIAL). A suggestion would be to make some (not all, obviously, and only some) craftable with out profession, but if craftable without profession would require more (maybe double?) the items, and they would start with already 50% det

Now, for repairing. When people get repair, it's either the amount for profession or really high for repair alt (due to very high rate of fail, and the fact it causes det increase with failed repair). For this one what I'd suggest is:
-increase on repair delay overall first
-make it so when it fails, it doesn't increase the det
-the higher the repair skill, the higher amount of repair + chance  (maybe increasing the amount of repair cooldown it can stack?)

So people CAN repair with out making a repair alt, just they will take very long time (fail repairing + low amount of repaired det + the higher cooldown)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:44:42 pm by Jhazard »
Re: Method to maybe stop repair and craft alts?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:02:37 pm »

Ok, so apparently a thing that has been talked quite some times is a method that makes people not forced to make alts

So 2 common reason for alts is crafting and repairing (Not saying those are the only reasons)

Now, I said "forced" in the beginning for a reason. Because even very basic items / ammo, require you to alter your char too much (in SP and SPECIAL). A suggestion would be to make some (not all, obviously, and only some) craftable with out profession, but if craftable without profession would require more (maybe double?) the items, and they would start with already 50% det

Now, for repairing. When people get repair, it's either the amount for profession or really high for repair alt (due to very high rate of fail, and the fact it causes det increase with failed repair). For this one what I'd suggest is:
-increase on repair delay overall first
-make it so when it fails, it doesn't increase the det
-the higher the repair skill, the higher amount of repair + chance  (maybe increasing the amount of repair cooldown it can stack?)

So people CAN repair with out making a repair alt, just they will take very long time (fail repairing + low amount of repaired det + the higher cooldown)

Yeap i tottaly agree with this post i got 120 repair and a super toolkit and i still get fails on repairing making my weapon even worst than before so thats one of the reasons i suggested proffesion and skillpoints reset in a diffrent thread.
Re: Method to maybe stop repair and craft alts?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:36:03 pm »

I agree to with this.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 25 queries.