"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:51:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: About science and disassemble  (Read 1685 times)

About science and disassemble
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:09:07 am »

At what point do you get good resources out of disassembling stuff? (is it possible to get more than one item from disassembling if it's high ?)
Re: About science and disassemble
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:05:23 am »

i don't think a lot of people can answer this with confidence (correct me if i'm wrong) but crafting characters typically stop at 100%science and i havent seen/heard someone build a high science character just to disassemble weapons for their materials.

also i have gotten more than 1 item from disassembly but it seems just by chance and/or the the amount of materials that go into creating the item in the first place.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:33 am »

well for some profesions lvl 3 you need science 120, and this way you can disassemble a weapon, the more things it needs to be crafted, the more stuff you can have

but you can't get HQ(or at least IDK)

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:03:06 pm »

yes you can, at least good metal parts .... and I've done it with 100% of science

but I dont know how it really works...
Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

bump, anyone figure this out yet.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:31:12 pm »

bump, anyone figure this out yet.
Very long time ago, but at this session, I dismantled some avengers in one event and had alot regular resources, not HQ, so I think dismantling using old crafting system, of couse it could be changed by now, but it wasn't announced, so I think you still can't get HQ from dismantling.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:47:05 pm »

Still can't get HQ, still on Solar's to-do list.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 06:39:03 pm »

On Solar's "to nag about" list ;)

Dismantling is very old and in need of a good re-jigging, dating from the time before HQ materials existed.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »

Thanks guys, just wanted to know before I started disassembling my character for bone bits for spear tips :p
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 05:41:41 pm »

I have guy with 180 science or more on one guy. You can get multitude amounts out stuff.  metal parts, junk, computer chips, alloys. Depending on what you dismantle has big effect. Its also random factor. Like laser rifle can give something like 1-3 metal, parts 1-3 junk,  1-3 computer chips. Some stuff give nothing like 9mm pistol. Computer chips can only come from energy weapons. Get a lot junk this way and some metal parts to. A lot of chips to if you do laser rifles. Alloys on the other hand are hard get.  I got one alloy for dismantling mini gun. The expensive stuff not worth dismantling ones can give alloys it seems. One more thing to note. You can use super tool box while dismantling. Not sure how much it helps but it does.  It will break after a lot times of use. But low science like 100-120 probably worth using if you going dismantle a lot.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.