"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:18:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How do I stumble across other players in the wasteland?  (Read 1394 times)

How do I stumble across other players in the wasteland?
« on: December 01, 2010, 11:35:04 pm »

I ask this question because someone entered the same instanced zone I was in and killed me.

I was in an urban area gathering junk, and as I picked up a piece I exploded into confetti bits. I was confused at first, but then I realized I was PKed.

As I was replicating, this was confirmed as a rocket launcher wielding person came to my corpse.

I've been thinking about how this happened.

My first guess is that the other person went into a random encounter while traveling across the tile that I was in.

How did this person find me?

What are the chances of it happening next time?

And what are some pre-cautionary measures to take when gathering resources?
Re: How do I stumble across other players in the wasteland?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 12:00:43 am »

My first guess is that the other person went into a random encounter while traveling across the tile that I was in.
your first guess is correct.

How did this person find me?
just by pure luck. he was probably passing through the tile you were in for hunting or gathering junk. but he had a bigger gun than yours.

What are the chances of it happening next time?
a very high probability.

And what are some pre-cautionary measures to take when gathering resources?
if you aren't well armed, keep your hands quick while gathering resources and leave the area immediately. don't wait for cooldown just for the sake of two more junk.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:54:01 am »

This isn't too common of an occurrence, really.  It all depends on where you hang out.  Some areas have more players than others.  If you're near southern towns, NCR in particular, you'll see this happen a lot more.  Also, towns like San Fran and Boneyard have more higher level, better geared players, because of the vendors I believe. 
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 04:38:04 am »

This isn't too common of an occurrence, really.  It all depends on where you hang out.  Some areas have more players than others.  If you're near southern towns, NCR in particular, you'll see this happen a lot more.  Also, towns like San Fran and Boneyard have more higher level, better geared players, because of the vendors I believe. 

So is it safer to travel in the northern regions?

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:35:11 am »

So is it safer to travel in the northern regions?
Travle - yes, visit town - no.
There are less thiefs north (only in VC), but if you see a player there do the Han Solo.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:24:26 pm »

Travle - yes, visit town - no.
There are less thiefs north (only in VC), but if you see a player there do the Han Solo.

I dont think that northern tows are so dangerous now. They are so empty that group of three bluesuits can survive there for almost half an hour before some PK appears to put them out of their misery. I for myself ceonsider northern cities much fairer and maybe safer. (no thiefs, no PK teams, no encounter PKs, sometimes bluesuit or someone else to chat...)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 12:26:05 pm »

Everytime I go to northern towns (mostly Modoc/Klamath/Den) no one is there. And by no one I mean really no one. AFK-ed sometimes almost 1-2 hours with no one entering there. Wonder what I do wrong. :)

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »

Everytime I go to northern towns (mostly Modoc/Klamath/Den) no one is there. And by no one I mean really no one. AFK-ed sometimes almost 1-2 hours with no one entering there. Wonder what I do wrong. :)

I think that with TC being a little harder to do now (you need 5 players with mid-tier gear), the northern towns are less of a battlefield.  I'm not sure why Klamath and Modoc haven't picked up recently, though, without the militia.
This brings me to another point.  If you aren't a member of the gang controlling the town, the militia will attack you if you open fire on a player or npc, right?  Is this only if you're in the TC zone?  Or am I completely wrong?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.