"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:23:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Common goal for everyone  (Read 5902 times)

avv

Re: Common goal for everyone
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »

This game is very hard for loners. Even if not in a big faction, a small group of friends helps allot.

Hard how? If there's no goal, it can't be hard or easy.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 03:00:19 pm »

make your faction most powerful on wasteland ;]

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 03:05:13 pm »

make your faction most powerful on wasteland ;]

And how do you measure power without any noticable outcomes of your actions?

avv

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 05:51:48 pm »

Indeed. Besides, trying to reach gang supremacy is only your & your gang members' personal goal because the rest of the wasteland isn't after it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 07:48:59 pm »

Hard how? If there's no goal, it can't be hard or easy.

Everyones initial goal is to level up and get some cash to supply yourself with a base, car, ect. There are goals, they are just not laid out for you. You, and everyone playing sets their own personal goals based on what they want to do with the game. And just about everything is harder alone.. Try going to BH or mine some HQ ores as a loner. If you live it's only bc you got lucky and a group wasn't there.

ghostiez

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 09:04:40 pm »

i drop coins at the poor kids spot in junktown, when im dun killin junktown poser fuks.

also, it is a goul to straighten out all the weak pussy bullshit. its hard to do, when power wants to say "i did it first"
sokay, im sure that... in anuther life, i must have voted you this position. DO BETER!

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 02:07:11 am »

Survival.... isnt enough goal? :S?

survival at all coast..... that means, make friends or cheat people, be honest or a liar, steal or craft and sell..... whatever but survive and stay alive.... ::)

8) you got bars, chicks, guns, cars....and lots of alcohol..... what else do you need? 8)
Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk

Phallus Erectus

• Simple and really not crazy
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 06:38:41 am »

But what about guys like me that never get in faction?

What about guys that join NPC factions, i.e., level 3 doctors, small gunsmiths, and armorers?

avv

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 11:03:35 am »

Everyones initial goal is to level up and get some cash to supply yourself with a base, car, ect. There are goals, they are just not laid out for you.

If they aren't laid out for us, then they aren't goals at all. Goal is something that you know you need to achieve the moment you step ingame. If you don't achieve the goal, you get punished, if you do there's a reward. I admit that hoarding possessions at the beginning of the game is a starting goal for basically everyone, but it's not a clear goal since you don't get punished from not gathering stuff and levelling. There's no "Level & Equipment Police" which raids people's tents to check out their advancement and make arrests from slow process.

Besides, even if gathering & levelling was the goal according to all info sources, it still doesn't work properly because neither activites do not guide our playstyles to match how wastelanders live. Hoarding stuff actually results in completely retarded behaviour because players value items more than their lives.

Survival.... isnt enough goal? :S?

We can't die permanently so we always survive.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 12:57:51 pm »

there is several ways

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 01:12:29 pm »

We can't die permanently so we always survive.

you can "choose" stop playing, and put a bullet on your game's head (i mean ~deleteself and uninstall and all that).... that's like death

"choose"

Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 01:21:16 pm »

Well, water would just be another "upkeep", its not really a goal. - I'm a fan of hardcore mode, so its not that I don't like the idea. - A goal in that area would more be to control a reservoir, or water caravan, or something like that.

A goal would be more like: Become the highest rank in the BoS (or any other faction) or capture and control X for BoS (or any other faction).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:47 pm »

Well, water would just be another "upkeep", its not really a goal. - I'm a fan of hardcore mode, so its not that I don't like the idea. - A goal in that area would more be to control a reservoir, or water caravan, or something like that.

Another upkeep? More like first. But yeah it wouldn't be the actual goal, the goal would be how to get that water which could exactly be about having access to a water pump somehow. If there was at least one thing players had to do, there would be less time for foolish activity like griefing in towns or undetermined goofing around. Gotta keep the players at their toes.   

A goal would be more like: Become the highest rank in the BoS (or any other faction) or capture and control X for BoS (or any other faction).

Yes this is also a goal. However the problem here is that players don't have to do this. There's no "or else..." consequence like there is if you don't have access to water. So it gives an option for griefing/loitering and activity that has nothing to do with fallout. 
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 03:50:19 pm »

I dont like that vision of mandatory stuff. We dont need implicitly set goals. Everyone can set goals for himself. Like making a tent, buying a base or car, shooting 1000 bluesuits. There are lots of thing which you can strife for ad which brings u some profit and makes playing in wasteland more comfortable.

Even though more ingame content and features are always welcomed. :-)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »

Another upkeep? More like first. But yeah it wouldn't be the actual goal, the goal would be how to get that water which could exactly be about having access to a water pump somehow. If there was at least one thing players had to do, there would be less time for foolish activity like griefing in towns or undetermined goofing around. Gotta keep the players at their toes.   

Yes. Guns, Ammo, Armour.

Having a goal which is to secure water supply is the same thing as fighting to ensure your supply of those too (which you will have to after the next wipe)

Yes this is also a goal. However the problem here is that players don't have to do this. There's no "or else..." consequence like there is if you don't have access to water. So it gives an option for griefing/loitering and activity that has nothing to do with fallout. 

Goals aren't what people have to do, those are requirements. Goals are what people want to achieve.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 24 queries.