"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:02:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Small addition to reputation sheet  (Read 1307 times)

Small addition to reputation sheet
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:05:22 pm »

OK, so this suggestion i really simple: Add short info about each faction on reputation sheet in character menu. Because right now I don't know what is the purpose of "Communists" or who exactly is "Unity" (or many other factions). I don't know who they like and with who they fight and why.

So this information would include:
- Who the faction is, who is their leader, where is their capital and where they come from.
- Where you can usualy spot them.
- What is their purpose. How they earn cash or what they usualy do.
- Diplomatic relations with other factions (who they hate, with who they fight and why. Who they like and why)

That would be some small, climatic change, which would be quite cool...
Aaand that's it for now... I guess...
 Guitar Hero: Fallout

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Small addition to reputation sheet
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:07:13 am »

It's not that easy to put additional lines in there (hardcoded stuff).

Also, everyone playing FOnline should know the Lore, it's not the games problem if you don't know the Unity for example. ;)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:22:47 am »

It's not that easy to put additional lines in there (hardcoded stuff).

Also, everyone playing FOnline should know the Lore, it's not the games problem if you don't know the Unity for example. ;)
I know the lore. But Unity should be destroyed together with Master. Also there were no communists ;]
So some of the factions' existence are not-so-obvious.

But if it is as you say, that it's too hard to implement it, then it's shame. It would be cool, imo.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:24:42 am by Kirkor »
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44:26 am »

in wiki's factions pages there are tables which show the reputation change if you join that faction... if you join brotherhood, your reputation becomes  The Enclave -2000 Vilified, NCR Rangers +850 Accepted etc.(asuming that your reputation is 0 when you join) or if you become a slaver your reputation will be NCR Rangers -2000 Vilified, Den Citizens +1000 Liked... this gives an idea who hates who. the reason why these faction like or hate each other and further information about most of the factions can already be found in Fallout I, Fallout II, and ofcourse Fallout Bible.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:51:27 am by Nyarla »
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 02:53:37 pm »

think you just didn't read third post.

Anyway, I think that most of info should be in game. Not just: "Hey, just look at NMA or some other source. Or BETTER! Ask uncle google!". No, it's not how it should look like.
As I said, Unity souldn't exist in 2238. Communists... Well, I have no idea where they came from. And there are many other weird factions.

if you join brotherhood, your reputation becomes  The Enclave -2000 Vilified, NCR Rangers +850 Accepted etc.
Yeah, but I'm not talking about numbers. I'm talking about climatic cause, why Unity hate slavers or who are bounty hunters and where you can meet them?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 07:01:41 pm »

Kirkor, Unity is actually part of Broken Hills inhabitants. Remnant's of Masters army are the original super mutants from Fallout 1 (and not all of them were inside cathedral and military base when they were destroyed - patrols, raiding parties, ...).
Communist were in Fallout 2 as well (Shi?). I think it was some legend with Chinese submarine, war, city and settling down; not sure about it.

And still the wierdest faction is "Should not be visible" (probably ninjas ;D)

Maybe you should post a list of all factions you want to know a bit more (or ask someone ingame).

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:59 pm »

think you just didn't read third post.

Anyway, I think that most of info should be in game. Not just: "Hey, just look at NMA or some other source. Or BETTER! Ask uncle google!". No, it's not how it should look like.
As I said, Unity souldn't exist in 2238. Communists... Well, I have no idea where they came from. And there are many other weird factions.
Yeah, but I'm not talking about numbers. I'm talking about climatic cause, why Unity hate slavers or who are bounty hunters and where you can meet them?

:P you never been hunted by bounty hunters in F1?

in the library, u can meet Cristopher... when you check on him, you can red "Hi I'm Cristopher!, and you're meat!"

^^ and if you are a Childkiller (for examp) he'll hunt you.... D:
Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 22 queries.