"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 19, 2024, 07:30:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Landing event #2  (Read 5192 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Landing event #2
« on: November 21, 2010, 07:39:20 pm »

I'm pretty excited to post this topic about Landing Event 2 (First one here!).

This event is about 100+ players that spawn, get gear and organize themselves in order to fight countless waves of orange men! It was, well, quite epic.

We'd appreciate feedbacks about:
- Event Ranger: This man supposed to kick teamkillers, make room on spawn point and give hints about tactics.
- Map setting: Ares will always be used as a map but with barrels and wooden poles, we can somehow modify it a bit.
- Enemies: Were they strong enough? Were they numerous enough? Were their weapons good? And their tactics? Etc.
- Players balance: Were you, players, strong and numerous enough? Had you enough weapons and ammo, and if not, which ones?
- Your own feeling: Victory feelings or depressed by the event?

Finnally, don't forget to upload your screenshots and videos full of epicness.

Dismiss!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:45:28 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Dziubek

• The Dark Brotherhood, Akatosh1
Re: Landing event #2
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »

Very boring event for me, only rangers, simple combat nothing else. I've just lost time.
That's my opinion
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:42:04 pm by Dziubek »
TDB aka CS
Akatosh1
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »

I didn't like the event, there wasn't really any point in it, it was also pretty boring too and no rewards - I'm sure a lot of people can agree with me on this
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »

Outfitters definetly should be modified. Support more builds. Maybe let players customize their eq themselves?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:27 pm »

Small guns served very little point, maybe you should've added two levels, long range and CQC style?

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 07:52:29 pm »

the map was better yesterday......

the tactics of the enemies was better yesterday...  now they just rush :S... yesterday the move here then there, push here, then in another site blablablabla

:S and for me it was really pointless xD   just killing? not a single roleplaying thing? :3?...

the guns, ammo and armors, was good.... but.... just rangers, and not so much tactis...thats kinda boring XP

PD: excuse my bad english xD...
Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 07:57:13 pm »

Maybe if you made the rangers give exp for dying it would be good

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 07:57:42 pm »

Some small background, why there are rangers spawning in numereous counts, what they do there, why players shoot them etc. would be a nice touch. ;)
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »

Izual, when event end, can you give us train tickets and spawn us in boneyard train station in future ? its annoying to travel from boneyard to vault city :(

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »

lags lags lags
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 08:44:45 pm »

Yeah, some Goal other then slaugther would be nice. Like, disable some device on the other side of the map, or boss fight. Also, maybe more varied enemies, but good to keep them to their role. Like CA snipers/Mutant melee with 1000 hp/Ranger armor big gunners, so they can be recognized.

Other then that, i dont think there can be much more made to improve this event. This event is all out based on combat system of fonline, and it is pretty simple one, and so it is hard to make an event based on it that is not pretty simple aswell or in a bit more straight forward language braindead. All you did was, reload, shot, reload, shot, get more ammo, reload, shot, reload, shot, get more ammo... and so for those 1-2 hours.

Like SurfSolar said, maybe some backround/story or goal/mission.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 08:45:39 pm »

well... players should not only fight against NPC , in this NPC Team should be choose some player in ultra build and lvl :)
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 09:06:19 pm »

well... players should not only fight against NPC , in this NPC Team should be choose some player in ultra build and lvl :)

Yeah, why brainless NPC. Change map, two teams or more, some scenario, like team one protect a caravan that walks from one point of the map to another (give it 10 000 hp) and other team is to ambush it raider style with leather jackets. Reward= Remaining hp of the caravan cow (or whatever it would be) split on the defending team/5k caps split on attacker team if raiders suceed. Or no reward, who cares anyways.

Or, map with 4-5 Control points. Two Teams. Each start with one control point, and they fight over the remaining ones. 15 seconds to capture a flag unless distrupted by opposite team. All points can be taken but last point cannot be taken unless all other points are taken.

Or, a big map with various elements (small town or two small towns/forest/desert/animals) and one/two/three lifes each, low tier weapons. Some GMs maybe playing some role to create twists/enforce situations, maybe play mayors in each town. They want to fight eachother, players decide themselves what to do, they can join sides or... Well, a lot things can happen. Reward for doing something AND surviving should be something of desire.

Some ideas

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 09:10:18 pm »

Hey, control point is good idea: you talk to a computer to gain control. When you have control, your respawn move to be closer of the shock point. Some side control point don't give closer respawn, but give a special NPC who give better stuff.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »

I suggest no events at all ::)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.