"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 05:22:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thief Alarm  (Read 3402 times)

Thief Alarm
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:40:25 pm »

What i suggest is that when somebody steals u you get noticed, because im tired of thieves who try to steal u and u dont know if u can shot him or not >:(

what i say is to put something like ... i dont know... a red dot next to the name of the player when u can shot him

I dont know what to write

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
Re: Thief Alarm
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:52:44 pm »

Guards are telling You if thief fails he's stealing attempt. You can shoot him to the death then.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:06:02 pm »

Guards are telling You if thief fails he's stealing attempt. You can shoot him to the death then.
like 15% of the time they tell you... the rest  you better take a good look at your log.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 01:17:16 am »

if a guard says something like "hey aguuux, xxx seems to be interested in your stuff" or if there is a warning in your log like "xxx failed to steal from you" then you can kill him, otherwise (as far as i experienced) you cant touch him even if he emties your inventory. (that sucks) but be careful, in towns like junktown, the guards will shoot you as soon as you take your gun to your active hand.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:21:51 am by Nyarla »
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 01:19:37 am »

i have never seen a message like that but thanks for the info  ;D
I dont know what to write
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 01:24:30 am »

i have never seen a message like that but thanks for the info  ;D

you see that message only when the thief fails. if he succesfully steals from you you wont get any warning messages and you cant shoot him.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:43:11 am »

like 15% of the time they tell you... the rest  you better take a good look at your log.

1+

we do need a better warning system

maybe u see his name in a different colour or an icon above the thiefs head like when u lead a party
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 03:13:27 am »

also another features that suck:

1- when a thief tries to steal from you and fails, you kill him, but he comes back about 2 minutes later with 10 hp and tries to steal from you as if nothing has happened. you must be able to kill him on sight for about one real day or something even if he doesnt try to steal from you again.

2- in junktown thieves know that you cant kill them even if they fail, because you cant take your weapon to your active hand. so, when a thief fails in junktown, the guards must kill him. i mean if someone tried to steal from a customer in my store, i would beat the shit out of him and wouldn't let him in again.

please correct me if i am wrong about this feaures
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:17:59 am by Nyarla »
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 03:02:50 pm »

1- when a thief tries to steal from you and fails, you kill him, but he comes back about 2 minutes later with 10 hp and tries to steal from you as if nothing has happened. you must be able to kill him on sight for about one real day or something even if he doesnt try to steal from you again.
Thats what I was trying to say on other topics: Thieves are purely annoying, coz they come back after 2 minutes and you cant do a shit to them. You can only hope they will fail on stealing (and ofcourse if you manage to see that fail) and then you can kill them. So they come back after 2 minutes and the 'fun' is continued.
And usualy they manage to steal stuff before spotted...
 Guitar Hero: Fallout
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 03:04:21 pm »

Thats what I was trying to say on other topics: Thieves are purely annoying, coz they come back after 2 minutes and you cant do a shit to them. You can only hope they will fail on stealing (and ofcourse if you manage to see that fail) and then you can kill them. So they come back after 2 minutes and the 'fun' is continued.
alts, alts, alts, alts,
Oh noes! My thief failed today!
Relog on another bluesuit who's standing in NCR, etc.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »

2- in junktown thieves know that you cant kill them even if they fail, because you cant take your weapon to your active hand. so, when a thief fails in junktown, the guards must kill him. i mean if someone tried to steal from a customer in my store, i would beat the shit out of him and wouldn't let him in again.

please correct me if i am wrong about this feaures

1. It was said by a dev they aren't supposed to come back protected. I think 1 real time hour is fair.
2. During this cycle I shot a thief in Junktown just outside the building where you can find Boyce and the workbench. I didn't get shot. Than again, it only costed me 1 shot to kill the thief who was still inside. After shooting I immediately removed the gun from my active shot. No comments from guards though.
The thief that's stealing from your customers might actually be one of your best customers. I have a thief account which I also use for trading. I might steal in a shop to trade with the shopkeeper afterwards.

As I said in another thread, it was said by a dev they aren't supposed to come back protected.
It will probably be fixed at some point.
I assume you mean before spotted by guards. Players who spot thieves too late deserve to be stolen from.
Thieves are easily recognizable by their behavior.

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 06:13:26 pm »

The thief that's stealing from your customers might actually be one of your best customers. I have a thief account which I also use for trading. I might steal in a shop to trade with the shopkeeper afterwards.

but it is also the reason why the man whom you steal from is in that store: to trade. that makes them a better customer than the thief i think. i mean a shop owner who tolaretes the thieves and lets them steal in his shop may lose customers (i am talking about the real world) he may buy stolen goods as well, but letting someone steal from his customers in front of his eyes? i don't think anyone would tolerate that.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 08:38:23 pm »

The thieves are an annoyance, yes. I'm not sure if the suggestion would change anything though.
I would like to see sth like this:
In the cities, when you shoout "THIEF" or "THIEF!" the game checks if anybody had pickpocketing you during the last 15 (?) seconds. If somebody had, that person gets wasted by the guards.* If not, you loose 1 point of karma in that city.** If you shout too many times running, guards shoot you saiyng "Shut the fuck up!"**

*this is to solve the idiotic situation when you are PERFECTLY AWARE that somebody is stealing from you, yet you can do nothing.
** this is to prevent people from abusing this feature and thus become 'unpickpocketable' by shouting that phrase all the time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:40:17 pm by DrapiChrust »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 09:01:32 am »

even whit the problem resolved, the guards will loot the theif and you can'ttake your stuff back, this is the moast annoyng part in guarded towns, you lose shit, you kill theif, your goods are lost for good to a stupid police man that never return your shit

F**K NCR
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 02:54:25 pm »

but it is also the reason why the man whom you steal from is in that store: to trade. that makes them a better customer than the thief i think. i mean a shop owner who tolaretes the thieves and lets them steal in his shop may lose customers (i am talking about the real world) he may buy stolen goods as well, but letting someone steal from his customers in front of his eyes? i don't think anyone would tolerate that.

Still the thief might be a regular customer doing a lot of trading with the shopkeeper.
All shopowners in the game care about is themselves.

The thieves are an annoyance, yes. I'm not sure if the suggestion would change anything though.
I would like to see sth like this:
In the cities, when you shoout "THIEF" or "THIEF!" the game checks if anybody had pickpocketing you during the last 15 (?) seconds. If somebody had, that person gets wasted by the guards.* If not, you loose 1 point of karma in that city.** If you shout too many times running, guards shoot you saiyng "Shut the fuck up!"**

*this is to solve the idiotic situation when you are PERFECTLY AWARE that somebody is stealing from you, yet you can do nothing.
** this is to prevent people from abusing this feature and thus become 'unpickpocketable' by shouting that phrase all the time.

There are a whole lot more annoying things in game.
All that that thief shouting will result to is the game chat being full of people shouting thieves.
Your solution for that won't fix this as will it not do anything about thieving.
I simply steal from you and my buddy bursts you.
You can't shout thief, my buddy dies with his high deterioration encounter weapon and I live to take that back and/or take the rest of your stuff.

even whit the problem resolved, the guards will loot the theif and you can'ttake your stuff back, this is the moast annoyng part in guarded towns, you lose shit, you kill theif, your goods are lost for good to a stupid police man that never return your shit

F**K NCR

Guards can't know what was stolen and from whom and what wasn't stolen.

I really don't get all the complaints about thieving, most likely from people who never played as 1.
It is so easy to avoid thieves as they are easily recognizable by their behavior.
I trade regularly with several alts in several towns and never get stolen from, no matter if thieves are around or not.
They way thieves move, standing around a trader not talking, running to the spot next or behind you, etc. gives them away very easily.
Hang around the trader you want to trade with and you can easily identify them.
It's no difference from avoiding taggers camping near the exit grid.

IMO the only real problem with thieving is the animation being the same as FA, switching inventory, etc.
hat helps thieves to harass their potential victims in such a way it's impossible to trade.
TI do have a thief account, but believe we should have a unique steal animation. Preferably combined with a 2nd stealing cooldown which prevents a thief from stealing from the same victim for the next 5 minutes. That cooldown could be visible for both the thief and his victim.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 18 queries.