"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 08:59:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Item wipe + bank interests removed when TC bug is fixed  (Read 9269 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Item wipe + bank interests removed when TC bug is fixed
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 11:32:51 pm »

Make poll about how many wants full wipe/only item wipe and then make that what players chooce.
I support more full wipe than item wipe, because big gangs get anyway stuff fast and smaller ones get them very slowly.

I don't care about bank interest, because i never open bank account ingame :D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:17 am »

I support no wipe in any way shape or form.

It's just not worth it since these people in big gangs will be able to get infinite caps anyways...  with or without this glitch in tc system so please, no, just no...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 12:39:30 am »

Devs aren't gonna have any wipe until the NPC faction features are done anyway... please don't start this "Omg wipe!!!" madness this early.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 12:50:20 am »

We are talking about not thousands, but milions/bilions or how msh said that "infinite"

i know what we are talking about, what i mean is where do these guys spend their caps? it is almost impossible to find caps in mechants. so, where does this money go? do they swim in it like uncle scrooge or what?

isn't finding money in the wasteland a good thing for the economy? big gangs may find caps anyway (like looting other players and trading them) but bank interests are the only way for small gangs and loners to find some time to actually enjoy the game. or you will have to spend hours travelling between cities to find some cash. you can trade weapons and ammo and stuff with your craftings but it is not easy to make 500k for a bunker or even 120k for an outpost by shovelling brahmin shit or lifting caravans.

caps are already rare in merchants, so if there are players who can trade with caps instead of radios, what is wrong with it? if someone is rich enough to pay 30k for a gatling laser to a merchant it is a great opportunity for the average players.

if you want to fix this, fix the TC. as someone has suggested reduce the income from TC, if the controlling gang makes the town too unsafe for other players to trade. otherwise keep off my caps!

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 03:30:56 am »

Even if items wipe will happen, people would get all the items and money after a month anyway. Then what? Item wipe again? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The point is to make economy work for itself instead of making random item wipes because TTTLA is butthurt over Rogues having more monies.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 04:18:37 am »

izual by your statement i presume your not a member of the 3 gangs you named earlier, if you are then i bow to you ( seriusly)

point 1- ur sugestion would solve nothing.. all it would do would be to change the gang from the top of the food chain.. the same would happen again and again and again and then this server would die

point 2- economy system is completly screwd in this game, althouth interests open the gap even wider, interests are not the only guilty factor

Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 06:23:51 am »

Izual u dont understand neither the game nor economy, u are only right about interest rate, it supposed to be deleted or nerfed, anyway if someone save enough it will let him get as much caps as he wants
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:26:06 am by Ayuta »
Re: Item wipe + bank interests removed, when TC bug is fixed
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 08:37:01 am »

In answer to topic starter.
Item wipe in sake of economy and common good you say?
Let me get this straight. We dont have economy. Why? Economy is science, which purpose is to to determenise which, where and how much of specific limited recource will go to a specific place, so that there will be somekind of "balance". And if you havent noticed, we dont have limited resources. And I hope you are able to see that saying word economic here is inappropriate.
Common good you say? How do you want to achive it if you sacrifice others? How is it possible to create something by destrouing/deleting? You want to take all itemms from server, just because people were lucky to capture city right before bug happened? They used means given them by game, even which were not in first plan of devs.
You say they are ready to spend limitless amounts of equipment? Then why wount you use it for your advantage?
I wount even give any vote here because answer for me is obvious. Even that I dont appreciate the "community" which we have here, I wount take their means to fight vs themselfs.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:21:10 am by Wire »
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 09:10:07 am »

Item , cash in bank wipe ? I dont use that bug so why i should lose my items?

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 09:10:35 am »

Does not matter, you can just delete all caps above some limit but factions will find a way to get them anyway. You can delete stuff and small gangs and loners will suffer moste but big gangs will accumulate the items anyway. Basically, my point is that it's just a temporary fix that will help for a month maybe, after that it will be all the same but lots of people will be upset and angry

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 09:54:12 am »

The item/caps wipe is a bad idea. It would change nothing even with the TC bug fixed.
The idea to change TC income to reflect the amount of trade is the best idea I've seen for a while. I'd also make a day pass system for TC towns. A player has to buy one or be shot by militia/mercs, the gang is to name the prize.

... and back on topic... Why not limit the caps one has in the bank? Say 25k per level?  If a gang is big, 20 players with 5 max level alts each, then the gang can have +/- 50mln but they won't earn more once all accounts reach the limit.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 10:24:17 am »

... and back on topic... Why not limit the caps one has in the bank? Say 25k per level?  If a gang is big, 20 players with 5 max level alts each, then the gang can have +/- 50mln but they won't earn more once all accounts reach the limit.

Taxi alts, crafting alts, security alts, trading alts, and now we would like to introduce to you .... money bag alts! Ta-da!

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2010, 11:54:42 am »

People have tons of alts anyway, one can use the doc/taxi/thief/bg/sg/wtf alt as a money-box alt.

A gang that makes 500k a day needs a new 20lv alt a day just to keep those caps in a bank.
Sure, making 20 lv in a day ain't hard when you have some budies shoting centaurs for you, but it ain't free and automatic.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 01:13:19 pm »

Well, players would find a way, to save as much money as they can. Buing lots of mercs, spending cash from banks on cars etc. I don't see any solution on this
 Guitar Hero: Fallout

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 01:19:32 pm »

full wipe or no wipe!

also make caps a rare item to overthrow current state of game. economical apocalypse in the post-apocalyptic wasteland :O
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.