"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:28:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Allowing more factions to take part in Town Control  (Read 2526 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
Re: Allowing more factions to take part in Town Control
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 12:54:37 am »

Kilgore/Lordus, about B) suggestion:
It is of course abusable, but the money taken would go to different teams. Instead of (maybe) Rogues/VSB holding 2 towns, they would be forced to share the towns and give one to BHH/TTTLAs. The money, by then, would be shared. Also it is of course abusable, but it'd be slow and boring to bypass. My two cents.
Lol.... Every bigger gang (if it would be in 2238) can abuse it. For example: Chosen Solders takes Klamath, then to my alternative base I added some crafters (for example this 8 number ;p), next 8 people click to take city, rest of team is protecting city (example 6) aaand?

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »

Lol.... Every bigger gang (if it would be in 2238) can abuse it. For example: Chosen Solders takes Klamath, then to my alternative base I added some crafters (for example this 8 number ;p), next 8 people click to take city, rest of team is protecting city (example 6) aaand?

Not with this:

Well, solution to abusable part of A) could be to make faction allies work properly ingame,

1)remove the green tagging of faction players (If you green tag one player you would only give karma to him maybe, not make him green, but thats diffrent topic).

2)The only way to green your allies would be to set them as allies in faction terminal, also would enable the factions to guard eachother towns and make militia act towards them as allies.

3)If a non-allied character attacks another player in unguarded city the militia should attack him (they should try to keep order in town to some extent right?) at least if the shooting player OR the victim is in militias FOV. Therefore, if non-set allies try to help defend a town, they will get attacked by militia.

4)A limit towards non-allied faction members in town control zone while taking a town could also be in place.

5)The Faction and its allies are counted as ONE towards the amount of players needed to capture a town (5 players for one town, 20-35 for sixth). If first faction has no town, and second has one and they are allied, the first faction will need 8-10 players/allies to take a town.

6)Now, if one big faction makes a second faction that is non-allied towards their first faction, then its gonna get easly outplayed as they cannot be logged on to two towns at the same time, and cant protect two towns at the same time without reloggin.

7)Adding an ally to the faction should result in unability to remove them for next few days (or other set time), the same with removing, when removing you should not be able to add them after few days again.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 04:25:06 pm »

Overregullating of TC will not solve anything.

I suggest to bring back old colourizing:

1) major gangs/aliances will be able to recognize even small factions and give them unique colour. This is exactly what we need, identify players and gangs

2) if we can racognize players, gangs could make a relations with them, set them as friend/neutral/hostile

3) if they are set as friend or neutral, we can let hem to capture some city, that is not in filed of interrest of huge alliance

Green / Red colour causing only that even anti PK gangs kills every one who is not Green during TC, because we just cant recognize players from enemy ... It is huge step back, we had already told that this wont work, it is not work, and it will not work.

So long and THANKS for all the fish!

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 05:36:23 pm »

I see no solution in the main post.

Controling wasteland is a hard work, only the biggest gang / alliance can hope to achieve that. It is normal a gang of 5-6 players can't take the control of a town, no?
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 06:02:45 pm »

tag green and hes color will be more green depending how much you add him "personal karma"... same way as typing radio channel in radio, same window but for karma amount.
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 06:13:41 pm »

Controling wasteland is a hard work, only the biggest gang / alliance can hope to achieve that. It is normal a gang of 5-6 players can't take the control of a town, no?

In reality, not really. In current game system, it is true, like a lot other strange things/bugs.

Lets say gang A is biggest with 30 members. Second biggest gang B got 20 members. Now, would gang A control 6 cities becouse they have 10 more members and gang B none? No. Becouse controlling towns consumes numbers. Like in any real life war, take WW2 or which ever, controlling territory consumes troops. 30 vs 20, might win one battle, but defending 6 cities? Well, currently, thats no big problem, which makes no sense whatsoever.  ;)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »

Maybe allowing to take two town only if th 2 counter are launched at the same time? Like that, a gang will have to be pretty big and counldn't fight with full number if they want many towns.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »

Continuing from my previous post...

In reality to control a town like that, i bet 4-5 peoples would need to be present to mantain control (counting amount of NPCs present). Which means, that 10 person faction should hardly manage to control two towns. And about money, i hardly believe that any of those cities acually create anything of value, exept some personal shops where more likely the owner produces money for himself.

Make he is the one to control for money, not the city?
Maybe the cities shouldint produce money but the shopkeepers?
Maybe to get money of the city not control, but threating the town/rich shopkeepers would be the action to get it?

Maybe there should be diffrent ways of controlling a town, diffrent kind of factions, raider faction, community faction or ranger kind of faction? Where the names are not of bigger importance, only some features that come with them, and they are not choosen maybe, only faction actions leads those factions to be called for either raiders/rangers/community and threated as one from the NPC side.

Eitherway, i got a bit away from the main idea, so back on it, maybe there could be two ways to control a town, one way would be to keep the town and try to make something out of it and try to make money that way, other way would be to control/treaten it for money/raid it for money but not controlling the inhabbitants other then keep them scared. A kind of a fight inside the town between the raiders/corruption and law/prosperity.

well, some ideas  ::)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:52:03 pm by kttdestroyer »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.474 seconds with 27 queries.