"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:24:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: crash on start; help!  (Read 2088 times)

pocketlint60

• Velocirapture?
crash on start; help!
« on: November 13, 2010, 01:59:29 am »

So i finally figured out what my problem was installing the game, and now as soon as I try to run it, it crashes. The window is gray inside and stays there for mere seconds. I have fully updated the game, and have no idea where to start looking. Please tell someone fucked up an update or something simple!
Fallout Logic: If you have a Twig and your enemy has a Minigun, You can still win if you've practiced swinging stuff for a long time.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Re: crash on start; help!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:26:21 am »

So i finally figured out what my problem was installing the game, and now as soon as I try to run it, it crashes. The window is gray inside and stays there for mere seconds. I have fully updated the game, and have no idea where to start looking. Please tell someone fucked up an update or something simple!

Check your FOnline.log and use pastebin.com to paste it. Then post link here.

Most likely you've forgot:

"Run the updater to receive new files and delete the file named 94.23.237.127.2238.cache in the data folder.
In the FOnline.cfg file, find the line "PatchDatPath=fonline.dat" and change it to "PatchDatPath=faction.zip".
DAT files entered deprecation stage, whenever a .zip file with the same name is downloaded, the corresponding .dat can be deleted. In addition, fonline.dat is deprecated."

pocketlint60

• Velocirapture?
Re: crash on start; help!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:38:19 am »

I did everything you said and it worked. Thank you! And, not to kiss ass, but this is litterally the best forums I've ever been on. The people are so nice, for the internet  :P I love how you developer's and admin respond to help questions right away. Thank you for your time, cause time is money. Now, to shovel shit.
Fallout Logic: If you have a Twig and your enemy has a Minigun, You can still win if you've practiced swinging stuff for a long time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.