"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 03:58:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anti PK system  (Read 2376 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: Anti PK system
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 05:31:11 pm »

I was wondering why devs don't apply a system which works in such hardcore MMO like UO or EVE online?

Don't know weather this can technically be implemented but here is my idea:

For each kill that a person makes without being shot back he looses standing with all guards in all sequre towns. They won't shoot him, but they will not protect him also. His name turns red for everyone but his faction untill a set cooldown. When cooldown ends he can be normal again.

This does not cut PK drasticly, but kinda makes people think twice before killing 100 blueshirts and then running to the secure town where they can't be hurt to sell loot.

What do you guys think?

There should not be a time cooldown, but PvE or would be permanent until the person would be killed and the killer of PK would gain karma (for later use)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 08:30:19 pm »

Everyone was a newbie. New players will soon gain experience. Anti-pk suggestion reminds me of suggestions for Eve online such as "lol make the game easier it's too complicated" - no. It's there to filter carebears from players that actually will play the game.

this -- if you can't handle being ganked, how are you going to feel when your base is raided in the middle of the night by lawy... err, ninjas? :P
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:37:16 pm »

A good idea i believe. Players action should be represented to him by consequences.
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:22 pm »

Players action should be represented to him by consequences.
Then I am for this, that if someone is too good, helps others too much and doesn't fight at all, he is being hunted by bad NPCs who don't like kinds of him, or he isn't let to come into some places...
Both ways of playing should be encouraged/nerfed -.-
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.