"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 18, 2024, 05:30:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.  (Read 67116 times)

Re: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:30 pm »

hey, i'm new to this game and i need some advice regarding the economics of slavery!

i created a slaver as my first character, so that i can make some money for my future alts.

his stats are: 3,6,7, 8, 6, 10,1, fast shot and small frame, tags are SG, FA and outdoorsman. at level 9 i have weapon handling, toughness, even tougher and the ranger, cautious nature, sex appeal and magnetic personality perks. currently i have 100+% SG, speech and outdoorsman, FA is at 74%. i use a shotgun and a 10 mm pistol to do the slaving. i'm stuck with the pistol instead of hunting rifle, because the rope is ridiculously heavy in this game ( btw. why is that so?) and if i take 5 ropes with me, i can't have a bigger secondary gun.

so the problem is: i usually buy shotgun ammo for 300-500 caps and use it in about two slave runs. a run usually gives me 800 caps (its very rare that i find 5 males). so i barely make 1000 caps in two slave runs, which takes me quite a lot of time, because i have to find weak merchandise, as i can't kill 5-6 trappers yet.

i tried slave runs, but i made only 300 caps and there is a cooldown on it, so that won't help me get rich either.

so, my most important question is: how can i make more money out of slavery?

and two more: due to my low strength i wear leather jacket for slaving, which gives me 30 AC. when i wanted to kill some critters i switched it to metal armor and all of a sudden my AC went DOWN to 0 and critters had an easy time hitting me. why is that so?

and finally: is it a good idea as a slaver to join a faction? i'm thinking about joining vault city, after i rip of the mordinos in the jet deal.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2013, 02:55:07 pm »

Catch me on IRC i`ll gladly barter for Shotgun Ammo (I think that i can sell you like 5000 of that ammo for 1k) Other options is just doing meele slaver.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2013, 04:03:57 pm »

man Slave Runs gives 1000-10 000 caps each, you should ask metzger for that, he will give you quest to kill some aggresive tribals/junkies/guards, some slavers will be there to help you /then go back to metzger and you ll get your reward for each surviving passive tribal/junkie/caravaneer.
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2013, 06:40:15 pm »

so far i did two slave runs, one was in a warehouse full of junkies, where no one would even attack me. the second one was a tribal village. i made 400 both times, nowhere near 1000-10 000. i'm a bit confused.
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2013, 02:13:47 am »

Hi,

made my starting character a slaver. She's pretty successful considering I didn't plan her to be a slaver :)
She's got 5 ghoul mercs รก 35 party points (175 of 183 pp used) and carries 7 slaves at once.
Energy expert, Armorer and doctor profession level 1 makes her self sufficient in any thing she needs for the job.
I guess its not the standard way to do it but for me it works pretty good.
The build:
http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=9157

Thanks for all the info here helped a lot :), just one question to which I could not find an answer neither here nor the wiki article:
What is the cooldown time between slaveruns?
I think its somewhat about 2 hours, but it would be nice to be certain. I couldn't do the job sometimes when I came in too early, and I only go to the Den to sell slaves there for these jobs, else I sell at vortis which is safer. I don't want to go in there if I don't get the job.

Edit:
so no one knows?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:02:12 am by Marika Love »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.