"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 02:22:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.  (Read 65283 times)

A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:23:29 pm »

So, you wanna be a slaver? Rape innoncent people and evenly fight 6v1,uh? Than this guide is for you!

Slavers are really tough, cause even if they look like playing alone, they got always a company of five "players" that are controllable. And you can even mine with them!

1.Slavery builds that actually may work.
I think that slavery is a damn hard thing to do, because it's explained pretty much nowhere and the formulas are bugged. Let me explain everything.
First thing we need is to start with a slaver build. The slaver build will be pretty different for every role you wanna play in the game. Let me show some basic builds.
Standard pistol guy build (I took a perk here that's especially useful when you're taking Ghoul Crazies with sniper rifles.)
This guys doesn't crit much and does not have super duper damage, but he can shoot up to five times before having to "reload" his AP. If you wish you can remove two points from agi and add them to perception, it will increase your sight range a lot, for cost of attack speed.

Here's another build for a totally solo slaver character. You'll be able to do pretty much everything you need alone, but your firepower will be reduced GREATLY compared to the first build.

And finally the build I am using on my main character. He sucks balls totally, but it's really fun to play a toon like that. ^^

Let's start the real guide, shall we?

2.The Guide

Palid:Okay, the important part. First, let's head on to Wiki-Boy 2000 and look what it says about slavery. It's written on the wiki that you need to talk with Metzger. In Den.
Newbie:Okay, but where the hell is that Den?!
P:Now tell me, did you look on the World Map in the Wiki? It's here.
N:Thanks, but I have still no idea how to get to that Den!
P:If you really have problems with getting to Den, try asking people on FOnline irc channel, #2238.

You get it? Let's get that work done. Once we get to the Den, we should find Metzger.

After you find that evil bastard, ask him about this place and say that you wanna be a Slaver.

Than, you gotta get some ropes. If youre a real newbie it is the hardest part I think, cause it's not easy to find fibers. Try asking on #2238, maybe someone will give you some fibers or ropes for free. Let's say you've got some ropes and a gun with some ammo ready. It's time to head out and hunt some slaves !

Here's a REALLY NICE location for slavery. 90% of encounters there are mantis and holy people. Holy people are really strong meele fighters, they can do up to 40damage in one attack if they have their combat knives equipped! If you got five of them, you really don't need to fear ANY PK that will try to attack you alone (unless this PK is a big gunner with a rocket launcher. If he DOES have a minigun or rocket launcher, run for your life!).
Remember guys, capturing slaves may be a really hard thing to do when you're alone. It's really good to bring a buddy with you.

Now for the best part: Capturing slaves!
First get rid of every other enemy in the zone - You don't want your new slave to die, don't you? Than attack this slave until he goes unconscious.

Than use your Rope on him.

The last and most important thing is to heal your slave, to let him get up. Use either first aid skill on him or Healing Powder//Stimpack (you can't use weak healing powders on other players//NPCs).

3.Slave mining and controlling your slaves.
You have two ways of controlling slaves.
First way to control a slave
You just talk with them. It's so easy! :P You've got a lot of options to deal with, but most of them are self-explanatory ones.
You can also set your slaves to mine for you this way! You need to enter an  NCR, Klamath and Broken Hills mine and talk with your slave about mining there.

Remember that slaves limit for carrying minerals//iron ore if 6. Doesn't matter if it's 6minerals or 3iron ore and 3minerals. It's six, but they do not have any cooldown. It's the only downside of their mining.
Second way to control a slave(s).
You may ask, why there is an (s) in the title? 'Cause you're controlling everyone of your slaves by that method. Its fast and works nice. You just click with left mouse button on the target while holding alt. A menu will popup.

And that's it! These are the ways to control a slave!

PS. New info about maximal resources carry weight. I think it depends on the slaves maximal weight, it's not fixed on six. I think. After some weight they just stop running.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:52:27 pm by Palid »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: A slavery guide for newbies by newbie.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:03:30 pm »

Great job! Finally someone did it! :) Cheers and I hope it will be a sticky
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:24:17 am »

How do i "dismiss" a slave? Do i just kill it? Also I was at the junktown mine and couldn't get them to do anything.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:05:09 am »

Good basic slaver guide for new player.
Great job :D
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:31 am »

How do i "dismiss" a slave? Do i just kill it? Also I was at the junktown mine and couldn't get them to do anything.
Yes, you kill or sell it. You can slave-mine ONLY at NCR, Klamath and Broken Hills.
You can also dismiss a slave by typing command ~disbandparty
or typing command ~disbandparty away_team

First command will remove EVERY FOLLOWER you got on the whole world (let's say you've got a brahmin in your tent and a bugged slave. You're using ~disbandparty and remove that slave so you got another slave slot, but you doesn't have your cow either).
The second one will remove every follower on the OTHER LOCATION THAN YOURS. (You're in the tent with that brahmin and wan't to get rid of bugged slaves. You just use this command.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:51:31 pm by Palid »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:40 am »

Sticky.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 05:45:53 pm »

Yes, you kill or sell it. You can slave-mine ONLY at NCR or Modoc mine (Modoc isnt confirmed by me though, just heard of it).

You mean Klamath mine, Modoc doesn't have a mine.
I can confirm you can use slaves to mine there.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:57:23 pm »

I've been a slaver for a long time and my slaves never stop at 6 minerals, usually it will go to about 18, you may want to recheck.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 08:17:48 pm »

I've been a slaver for a long time and my slaves never stop at 6 minerals, usually it will go to about 18, you may want to recheck.

I have never been a slaver, but I can confirm it's more than 6.
I can even confirm it's more than 18.
The max. is 20 or 22 minerals plus some ores.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:16:59 pm »

Look on the first post. Post Scriptum.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 11:37:08 pm »

You mean Klamath mine, Modoc doesn't have a mine.
I can confirm you can use slaves to mine there.

If you add the Ghostfarm to Modoc, it has a mine.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 02:53:45 am »

ok... so i enslaved a girl. accidentally made him "stay here" and left the map.. do i need a gm to remove her or will she br auto-removed cuz no one can get back to the map\

edit... just read to us ~disband_party

thx
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:04:21 am by robot »
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »

can you slave pretty much anyone who goes unconscious?
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:14:55 pm »

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Slavery - table's here, it's also listed in the first post (the link to wiki)
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:56 pm »

how do you move only one slave?

say i want him to attack a particular npc but not all npcs
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.