"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:45:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Grenader Help needed  (Read 1356 times)

Grenader Help needed
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »

I'm wanting to make a grenader/slaver and have a few questions.. I'll post my build to be criticized as well.

S-5
p-7 (9 with 2x cigarettes for demo profession lvl2, this will work right?)
e-8
c-7
i-6
a-6
l-1
Traits: One hander.

TAG skills:
Science
Traps
Throw

Perks:
awareness
Magnetic personality
demolition expert
Thats all i have so far.. Now i have a few questions.

1. Does demolition expert perk increase damage on grenades or just timed explosives?
2. What % throw do i need with one hander trait to effectively hit people with grenades?
3. I can use 2x cigarettes to get 9 perception for demo expert lvl 2?
4. How can my build be improved?

Thanks!!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:23:12 pm by aForcefulThrust »
Re: Grenader Help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »

drugs can't be taken more than once for the benefits anymore, so you'll only ever see +1 from cigarettes, and Demolition expert is only good for increasing damage of tnt and c4.  Make sure to get bonus rate of fire as well because frags cost 5 ap to throw while plasmas cost 4 ap, and I'd say only about 120 or so to effectively hit people with grenades
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »

drugs can't be taken more than once for the benefits anymore, so you'll only ever see +1 from cigarettes, and Demolition expert is only good for increasing damage of tnt and c4.  Make sure to get bonus rate of fire as well because frags cost 5 ap to throw while plasmas cost 4 ap, and I'd say only about 120 or so to effectively hit people with grenades
Thanks for the answers. Also I'm reading STR effects throwing range is this for grenades too?
And heave ho perk?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:55:20 pm by aForcefulThrust »
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31:50 am »

Thanks for the answers. Also I'm reading STR effects throwing range is this for grenades too?
And heave ho perk?

STR does effect throwing range for every throwing weapon (including grenades and plasma nades).5 STR is the maximum for throwing range. Also I think heave ho is only for characters that dont have high str for throwing range( not sure if it stacks up to throwing range with 5 str)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:01:17 am »

Ty. Sorry for so many questions.. But I was considering going a thief/grenader instead of slaver. What %steal would i need to be effective?
Also, is it possible to buy timed dynamite or only crafted?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:22:56 am by aForcefulThrust »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.