The Glow
- 7 (5.4%)
Lost Hills (BoS Bunker)
- 5 (3.9%)
Broken Hills
- 5 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is your favorite Town/Place in Fallout - and WHY?!  (Read 4916 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: What is your favorite Town/Place in Fallout - and WHY?!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 09:40:28 am »

I like most SF, because there are few good unarmed guys (ST 10, heavy handed, bonus hth damage x3 yay)
They are good, but i win easily :P

New Reno is good place too, but too weak boxers :P (2 criticals and last one down)

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 02:28:21 pm »

1) Vault 15 in Fallout 1

I like this because of first scavenge experience in Fallout. Search in abandoned, destoryed vault, with very own history, but also very same to my own Vault 13. 2 Vaults close together with very different fate, this was the first atmpspehere boost in my Fallout gameplay experience.

I would like to see scavenging in Fonline, very similar to this one, search for lost, destroyed abondoned vault, radioation there, enemy NPC, for pre war stuff and information about the users. We have existing Vault map (base map) who nobody uses, why not to transform it into previous purpose?

2) HUB

Because of music i heard in first few seconds, atmosphere in HUB was very different from others cities locations.. if i breathe deep in HUB, i smell start of post apocalyptic world rebuilding. Dreams of many post apo citizens tread into dust filled with brahmin shits.

It is very sad that HUB is dead city in Fonline. It is because of distance, but also nothing to do there. Enable water merchants, (and supply bases), repetable caravan protecion quests. I can imagine that if there will be repetable caravan protecion quests every half of hour, players will meet there for that purpose => chat, another centre like NCR could be created.

3) Glow

Nuclear bombardment, RADIATION, limited time, forbidden technology, mysterious secrets, jump in the story, quest for Brotherhood of steel membership => for me best moment in Fallout 1/2 game.

I miss radiation element in the game, i miss the limited time you need to finish some quest or you will die because of inner flame, i miss the scavenging, searching for secret technology.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:03:45 pm by DonGizmo »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 03:00:45 pm »

Hub - it looks exactly how capital of post-apocalyptic world should look. There are law forces, criminals, shopkeepers, junkies, brahmins, caravans, religious freaks ... Everything. I feel like a home there.

Boneyard - it's peaceful and calm, many cool places around (Warehouse, Library, train station), it also perfectly fits to Scavengers style I think.

Cathedral - in F1 it was the scariest place ever, with like 10 crazies on every square meter. For some strange reason it was destroyed in this era of FO, dunno why really. Give it back after wipe, "plx plx plx plx" :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 10:18:43 pm »

F1: Necropolis - best atmosphere and übercool Seth
F2: Sierra Army Depot - excitement from exploration + guy in water tanks on top level
FT: Pretty much any mission till first half of the game. Anything further such as supermutants and robots pretty much fucked up the atmosphere.
F3: Since VB was never released then the answer is "none".

But I must say that F2 is really poor compared to F1 when it comes to overall feeling from the game. F1 had great atmosphere everywhere you went. F2 does not work that way for me and I have "mmo" feelings from time to time there. Like I'm doing that quest just to get that exp and reward so I can do something better elsewhere. But in F1 from the fist encounter with rats to the last moments of Master's life it was one epic journey.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:23:31 pm by Sius »
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 06:29:51 am »

I heaby declare Junktown Stoners only!
The chillest place in the wastes, always mellow there.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:31:48 am by Blarg »
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 02:40:42 pm »

Navarro - I like Enklave.
Junktown - Is nice postapo city.
Enclave OIL - i Love it base!  ;D
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »

Gecko - Ghouls, specially because there is Harold--| I just
Necropolis - Huge town of Ghouls, their leader--------| love Ghouls
~~
Junktown - I like junk, metal, and this kind of towns -- FOnline reason - long or not a long time ago it was a peaceful place.
~~
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 02:22:36 am »

fallout 2 : New Reno, I loved the many quest there

fallout 1 : vault 13 you fight for them , you love them , you was betrayed ...

fonline : golgotha , because before going and pk at new reno we group or regroup there , very inspiring ...

One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:02 am »

it's too hard to decide. I picked junktown, the glow and golgotha. but I love every place in the wasteland because each is unique and has a different charm. thats the thing i loved most about first fallouts. each town is completly different. whereas each town in fallout 3 was equally boring.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:27 pm »

I tend to like the little sleeper towns. In Fallout 1, Shady sands had a great atmosphere. I do like Modoc too, in part because of the music, it's so dreamy and nice :)

If I had a to choose a bigger town, it'll be Hub.

Oh, and not to mention Glow. Going down there for the first time was a scary (in part because of my young age at the time) and surreal experience I won't forgot :)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »

Hub, Modoc & Golgotha, nuff said.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

White Eagle

• Kill 'em all
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 09:18:11 am »

NCR... many people there... you can chat in peace until some bomber come :)  funny and cool town.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:20:38 am by White Eagle »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 06:58:10 am »

The Boneyard (I guess you already knew it because of my suggestions) because of the urban scenery (by the way, they have done a GREAT job with those urban maps for FOnline), and the people (NPCs) which you cna find there: scavengers, regulators, followers... It was a very interesting place in Fallout 1 because of the political tensions due to regulators' opression, the scavengers who needed to avoid the deathclaws, the gunrunners (they had the best store in F1).

I would like to know why the devs decided to create a Boneyard in which the Vault Dweller had not decided to help the Blades against the Regulators (when it is obvious they followed the good karma Vault Dweller canon). Not that I am against this, but I still would like to know the reason.

Anyway, cool thread Surf!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 25 queries.