"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:25:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: [Archive] Questions and Answers #1  (Read 110389 times)

[Archive] Questions and Answers #1
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:36 pm »

Feel free to ask your questions about the game here: Where to find a particular item, how to complete a particular quest, how to find a particular NPC, etc.
Other players will answer you.
Check the official wiki before asking your question. You can also search the forum.
                             - The game's staff

----------------------

Hey, I am new to Fonline and there are lots of thıngs I dont know atm so I have lots of questıons here are some of them;

I learned lvl 3 smallgun but everyone attackıng me i mean the caravans cıty guards?
I can not craft any lvl 3 small gun somehow i cant see them in my fixboy?
I tried ncr for brahmins but couldnt find much realy only encounters with 1 brahmin.any suggestions? also no golden geckos?
what is it workbench with additional tool or ammo facility terminal?

I checked the forum and there are good guides but nothing about crafting.Also checked wiki but couldnt find info about these and lots of other stuff.
Feel free to add anything that can be usefull for a smallguncrafter...

thnx
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:35:30 am by Lexx »
Re: Newbie questıons
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:56:59 pm »

I share the brahmin question - only found encounters with one in south eastern part (and v rare one). I heard you can encounter brahmin caravans fighting between Klamath and Den but didnt encounter any aftar loooong traveling. However i had some silver and golden gecko encounters there (max 2 )

How does outdoorsman impact encounters? you ahve more chances to find one or just better startup / decision if you wanna join ? i found encounters quite hard to find now ;/
also is quite annoying when i spend 2 mins on traveling and i find one f rat -_-
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:59:33 pm by Attero »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:48:53 pm »

Hey, I am new to Fonline and there are lots of thıngs I dont know atm so I have lots of questıons here are some of them;

I learned lvl 3 smallgun but everyone attackıng me i mean the caravans cıty guards?
I tried ncr for brahmins but couldnt find much realy only encounters with 1 brahmin.any suggestions? also no golden geckos?

I checked the forum and there are good guides but nothing about crafting.Also checked wiki but couldnt find info about these and lots of other stuff.
Feel free to add anything that can be usefull for a smallguncrafter...

thnx

Don't know much about "lvl 3 small gun" stuff, but the city gaurds are probably attacking you because your karma is low. I think they start attacking you on sight when your karma is below -1000 or something.
Edit: City Gaurds, at least, start attacking you at  -400. Might be same for cities.

I have seen golden geckos far southeast of Hub, and I have seen Brahmin a little northeast of NCR. However, it really is just luck (I'm not talking about in-game luck). Your outdoorsman skill might affect it too, but I'm not sure exactly how.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:47:53 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:53:39 pm »

I have to be a raider to get the lvl 3 smallgun I thınk thats why everyone attacks me right?Is there a way to leave faction and If i leave, will i have the smallgun lvl 3?

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:57:12 pm »

Brahmins-Two squares west and one north from NCR.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »

Time to start from the top...

Caravans are supposed to share their view of the parent City.  This is planned(not sure if it works/is implemented) that this will work vice versa as well and attacking the caravan from a place will also cause a reputation drop with the appropriate city/faction. 

Yes, right now you Have to join Raiders faction if you want Smallguns 3 (hereafter referred to as SG3). 
-You will keep the training if you leave the faction, which you can do by using the console in the little kitchen-type room at the Raiders base (inside, just below the workbench and their trainer).   Steps: use the Misc. option on the faction terminal and click on Resign.  It will ask if you are sure (I think) and you have to click yes again.
-Leaving WILL fix all (though maybe not entirely, leaving you with a few slightly low reputations [untested/unverified] of the negative reps that you incurred by joining the faction.  Any other reputations you have brought on yourself through attacks, PKs, etc. will still remain.
--Downside to leaving: you lose access o the Special Workbench within the Raiders Base.  There is another, but you have to go to Sierra Army Depot (SAD), fix the generator, Then direct the terminal (which is in the future[?] Skynet server room to the Weapons workbench (which is on another floor.  The one with all the robots in storage I think). 
--If the walk/dangers are worth it to you though, then feel free to leave Raiders once you get the training, but there is something to be said to having instant access to their workbench.  But on the opposite side, it is Very useful to be able to enter places like NCR without being shot.  The decision is yours in the end.
Addendum: However, few weapons actually Require the Special workbench, like the FN FALs and its ammo.  Might be more and if wrong, someone is free to correct this.

Not sure on the brahmin thing.  I've had trouble finding any encounters as well for some time.  However, NCR/Modoc have always been the usual spots, as evidenced by Bantz's comment above.

The special workbenches are explained above because of they're relation to Raiders.^

How does outdoorsman impact encounters? you ahve more chances to find one or just better startup / decision if you wanna join ? i found encounters quite hard to find now ;/

It does a roll, boosted by your ODM(Outdoorsman) %.  I'm not sure on the formula, but the difficulty I think is based on the total number of critters or something of the sort.  The more critters in it makes it harder to find.  Finding it gives you the option if you want to enter it, and to select which turn mode to use in the encounter, as well as some xp.  I'm not sure, however, this works since they brought in those extremely packed encounters (10+ Robbers anyone?), if they are even still ingame.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 01:35:00 am »

I got all my answers.thanks
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 10:41:57 am »

gonna just bump it as i dont want spam the forum with new threads ...

1) can your tent be found by others (if you dont show it to them) ?
2) can you have multiple tents? what will happen if you have one and try to place another
(im not too happy about palce i put mine up ;/)

3)Vendor purchased gear - is there any ? All things vendors sall seem to be player made - i wodner if there are weapons / armors that are sold by vendors that player cant make ?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:02:52 am by Attero »

RJ

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 10:55:16 am »

1. No.
2. If you make another tent first one will dissapear.
3. Most of big guns that can be craftable on big guns gunsmith level 3 (which is not available).
"Sanity... is for the weak!"

Jimmy King

• Pew pew lasers!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 11:52:04 am »

2) can you have multiple tents? what will happen if you have one and try to place another
Technically you can, if your friend shares a tent with you.
Fock! Fock! Give my cow back! Fock!

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 11:58:21 pm »

Where can I buy mercenaries in New Reno? I heard it's possible but I have no idea where to buy them :/
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 12:00:41 am »

Building with all of the NCR posters. I wonder if anyone feels like making a logo for the merc buildings.

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:02:29 am »

Building with all of the NCR posters. I wonder if anyone feels like making a logo for the merc buildings.

Thanks, and in which part of New Reno is that building?
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15:44 am »

Thanks, and in which part of New Reno is that building?

From entrance, it is the first building (that you can go into) to the left. It has two "Peace for Today NCR" posters at the front of the building.

Now for my noob question:

How the crap do you cut fibers? There is no "use" option for the "Combat knife" and the regular "Knife". What Outdoorsman/Science do I need, since that is probably the problem?

I have also tried to just click the fiber plant while having the knife in my inventory and while holding my knifes. I checked wiki, nothing about Fibers on there. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:34:35 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 02:44:19 am »

Click with the "arrow" cursor on the brown plant, hold your mouse button , move it to the "inventory" button, there you klick on your knife.
Tada! :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.