"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 05:09:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: TLA base  (Read 8601 times)

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
TLA base
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:12 pm »

Hello,
 like majority of players, we are testing TLA game until wipe.

In TLA, there is IMO good idea: bases are visible on world map, so you can visit it. Because of looters, there are these was of protection:
(i will describe it for players who did not visited TLA). Also you can place your base where you want on the world map, because you use GECK. (not mountains, ciities, of course)

Whole base map is divided into 4 sections:
 1. free accesible area around base itself. if you enter from world map, you can spawn there
 2. base is surrounded by unbreakable walls, with only one possible entrance: Main gate with plasma field. When is plasma field on, you can not enter base. Only members can turn of and on this plasma field. The plasma field is supplied by generator. You have to maintain it by Small energy cells or MFC.
 3. In base, there are several buildings. You can enter free to every of that building, if you get yourself thru the main gate with plasma field. So if your field is down, items are unsafe and everybody can steal it. With one exception:
4. To enter main building, you have to use computer to open doors (and close too). So even if your plasma field is down, you are safe in that area. As a member, you can leave your base by secondary, hidden exit, and if you enter the base from world map and you are member, you will always spawn in the main building (so you can safely leave and enter this area). Only way how to get in, is if sobody will go thru main gate, and in sneak mode he will enter main building in the moment, when you have opened doors.
5. In main buildinng is armory: room with a lot of lockers. You have to be member to enter this area (same principe like main building entrance - computer). So even somebody gets inside, he will need to sneak twice to get to your most valuable stuff. Also you can very f equip your self and leave your base, because armory is near exit grid.
6. If you use this exid grid, you can leave this place even if you are not a member, so this is way how to sneaker could left this place. If you are member, you enter directly the main building, without need of entering thru the main gate.

I like this concept very much. Bases are visible, you have to maintain your plasma field or it will disapear. If there will be small changes: workbenches in the base area (not in the main buildings), so you will have to turn on your field to craft without possibilities of enemies. Or fiber field outside the base, so you will have to sometimes open main doors,... This is opportunity for base raiding, thiefs, but it will not ruin the gang.

If i compare it to the 500k caps vault: it takes more time to left it, than in basic cave and cave gives you almost the same possibilities like nearly 20x expensive vault.

Why dont implement it in 2238. It could be also only place, where you can plant mines. And of course, i like the idea with sand bags. All this could generate another PvP elements without do hard work (map and scripts already exists in TLA).

PICTURES:
http://img842.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screen25082010202513.jpg
Base area and gate with plasme field, outside base, near the end of map are brown exit grid hexes

Main building, you can build your own sand bag wals and move it somewhere else:

Armory and exit from map:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:05:22 pm by DonGizmo »

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
Re: TLA base
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:18:59 pm »

This would be cool that a gang could make their base open to public, by permanently lowering down the forcefield so anyone can come there and craft and trade, like a Gray Rock village where you don't need an invite. The main building would still be safe...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:36:52 pm »

It's a nice idea. Do you have some pictures how it looks like?
How does this plasma field work? You have to repaire it every 24 hours or recharge it like a gun? (I am afraid there will be too much suicide "dechargers" in 2238)

Also it would be nice to have some towers from which you can shoot raiders outside your walls.

And those bases have to be somehow spawned randomly into world. It would be quite bad to have about 20 bases in 1 world square.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:37 pm »

Well you use your MFC/sec on the generator.
Each MFC give you 10 min of shield, each sec 1 min.
To build this base, you have to use a geck (obtainable via quest) like to build a tent.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:19 pm »

You can turn on or off plazma field using the computer (outside or inside one). You can use sand bags, if you get 4 or 5 on one hex, you cannot shoot thru that hex. Also there are mines in TLA, so you can defend that place with mines.

Because you dont need workbench to craft, you can "lock yourself" and use only main building and exid grid near armory. So you are 100 percent in safe.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:58:45 pm »

What stops people camping the entrance?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:00:58 pm »

They can. Because you dont need to enter the base thru that entrance. If you are member, you enter the base directly to the main building. If you leave, you use the exit near armory.

If you want to add new member, you can only add his name to computer, he does not need to confirm himself, so he can directly enter to the main building.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »

Auto cannons. WTB Proffesion: Robotics Techician ... use your repair and science skills to build friends!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »

Well, we added generators a long while ago, with the idea of turrets in mind. I guess this is where that idea ended up.

You magically appear in the base?

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:07:09 pm »

You magically appear in the base?

Look at the second picture and place i stay, you will spawn there.

But it is not magicaly, look at the last picture, there is hidden exit (and of course, entrance) to the main building.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:09:02 pm »

I don't like it. It's too high tech for us average wastelanders.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 09:10:53 pm »

The base itself is unsuitable for us, sure. But the idea isn't a bad one.

Concept just needs another map which is viable to members where the secret entrance comes out.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 09:14:16 pm »

Yeah its high tech, but idea about visible bases is awesome. That plasma field could be changed for something else:) Maybe  unopenable doors.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 09:16:07 pm »

Yeah it is too high tech... I wonder if the abandoned bunker couldn't be modded into this.
I think it would be great if it made player-run "towns" possible - so that everyone can see them on map.
There could even be tents in front of the entrance with NPC traders if the bunker started to flourish as a trading place with stable ownership...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:17:41 pm by Ned Logan »

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 09:16:59 pm »

I don't like it. It's too high tech for us average wastelanders.

Well, i think that turrets are not needed, because you can place there mercs.

Hi tech plasma field? Does not matter, it could be water castle moat and your maintain resources could be water, or something different. The poin is, that if you can, you can allow wastelanders to enter your place, ideal for Village roleplayers, Merchant roleplayers, Defend your base againts enemy like organized PvP and it is of course opportunity for thiefes, sneakers and "MFC, SECell, /water,whatever/ traders".

Solar, you should sell your shares in explosive rocket industry and buy shares in MFC industry ;).

Also, i can imagine that you can upgrade your base with i.e. fiber plants, brahmin pens, forrest,...  No, you cant because of dynamic maps are not possible. Yes, you can, just add green exit grids near exit of map, and if you will upgrade your base, you will be able to enter near location with fibers, brahmins, ... .

The base itself is unsuitable for us, sure. But the idea isn't a bad one.
Maps in TLA are not compatible to 2238?
Concept just needs another map which is viable to members where the secret entrance comes out.

You secretlely enter the world map if you leave, or you secretely jumps in the main building.. But if this will be technical problem, there coud be something like town preveiw, that you will be able to use only if you are member.. => and this could be also one reason why one player will use only one base, instead of abusing of friends...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:22:27 pm by DonGizmo »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.