"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:09:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: My little forum "achievment" system.  (Read 14292 times)

Surf

• это моё.
My little forum "achievment" system.
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:53:09 am »

Hello.

As you may have noticed - I gave away some "achievments" to (at the moment) two people. People get "Achievments" when they do things which, atleast  for me, are outstanding while playing the game itself, or, in the forum here, for example  the "Amazing Music Taste" Collction (in forum) or the "Outstanding Service To Roleplay" (ingame).. Those "Achievments" will be displayed in one's Forum Signatures.  People I am impressed off get my own "Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" Achievment. Of course, this all is OPTIONAL and just meant to be fun. I just want to pull the stick out of some peoples arses, come on, we are a community. ;)

So, don't feel bothered if I write to you on IRC that I might want to give away such an achievment, or that you might add Achievment XY to your forums signature. I just find it FUN, and maybe a bit rewarding to the people who really make some good things, both ingame and on the forum. But, don't take it too serious. If this comes up well, I'd really love to set up a general thread of achievments one can get, maybe the other GMs/Mods find some reasons to make their own "Seals" aswell. :)
See this thread as a test.

So, the following achievments I "invented" thus far:

Surf Solars Seal of Awesome

This is just meant for actions, not bothering if its ingame or on the forum, nor on IRC, it is just that I give it away to people whom I find VERY decent.

Amazing Music Taste

Well, this one is subjective. Everyone who has an unique music taste can earn this achievment. Depends on the Giver, not the Receiver.

Astonoshing Service To Roleplaying (MkI,MkII,MkIII)

This Achievment is one of the more important ones, as it features ingame things. If I (or any other feature Achievment Givers) will be astounend of your roleplaying, you will get this achievment. It even has 3 Stages! (Perks). If you get Attention for the first time for outstanding roleplaying services, you get the MkI achievment. If you are constantly doing that, under the tow of a GM, you get the MkII. MkIII is only for the bravest ones for the people who are really sticking their noses deep into their characters.

Biggest Badass Of the Wastes

This one is an ingame Achievment. If we notice any of you guys, doing actions normally woul be a total suicide attempt (no not Suicide Bombers) - more - this guy was risking his "life" to save his companions - you'll get this achievment. This one is considered hard to get. You will be taking several bullets to your chest? Grenades are flying through your perception like asteroids in the space? You are STILL wanting to safe your buddy? Then this ach is the best for you.

"I just luv you!" - "Uh, we better, stay friends, don't we?"

Where there are upsides, there need to be downsides. Let's face it. You are hated. not really liked on the server/the forum/IRC. By whatever amount of people, you fail to make other people to like you. That's just ok duh, people like you are needed too. So wear it with pride, there are for sure others like you around.

The Deserts Michelangelo

You probably have some leftover Atoms from Shakespeare, Da Vinci, or Johny Rotten. You did a humungous job making some artworks, some flash animations, some developing things, some music, some awzum. You are truely a hero of the forum.

Mr. FixIt

You've probably spent your former life as a rocket engineer. Or, you invented Gunpowder or steam engines. Or, you invented horses. Or, you invented fire. Anyway. You are doing things, which we don't understand, but you help others. Awzum.

The Road Warrior

You have chosen the badass way to play the game: You are a loner. And you are fine with that. Even though it's much harder to play with only 1 character, it's pretty badass. Rolling with style! If you have clear evidence that you aren't playing with a gang and have atleast just 2-3 characters at maximum, you'll receive this achievment.

FFFFFUUUU

Congratulations, you just earned this achievment for constantly raging and overreacting in the game/the IRC channel or here in the forums. You're probably a candidate of "I ragequit, but come back in shame later on" aswell. But don't worry, it's hilarious and make a good read for others.

"A Raider and a Molerat walk into a bar..."

For being the forums comedian and making people laugh, you deserved this achievment. Everywhere you roll you make the people smile, be it with your intent, or rather not. Fact is, you loosen the often grim and mean atmosphere on the forums, and that is awzum. This achievment often comes in pack with the "FUUUU" or the "Golden Tongue of Postnuclear America" one.

Golden Tongue of Postnuclear America

Neato. Welcome to the newly founded wastelands gentlemen club. You earned this achievment for your overall well formulated, good readable posts, good ideas for deeper discussions or you are just one hell of a serious motherfucker.
You won't win the pulitzer price with your posts, but you nearly got' it. You also help the to keep the general niveau to atleast an average level.

FOnline's Journalist

You sacrificied your sanity for the higher good, providing all fellow FOnliners with informations and Articles on the FOnline Wiki.
Thank you, brave journalists and paparazzos! But don't you dare opening up FOnline-Yellow Press! VIP's won't be amused...

Wasteland's Rockefeller

You seem to live in the Trading Subforum here, always looking for the quick bottlecap, always making profit.
Your eyes don't have pupils, you have "$" marks instead. But you always trade fair and all your customers are satisfied., bravisimo!
This achievment often comes together with the "My Preciousss" award.

Light Messiah Of Death And Radiation

Your shiny aura lures newbies into your surrounding, your noble actions are well known throughout the whole wasteland of california! Rumors are telling some people even call you the new messiah, but ofcourse this is bullshit, you just like to help the people making a living. But pshhhh! Don't tell them you're just a mortal aswell, writhe in your good reputation!

My Precioussssss

People always hear strange noises around your cave... Does this have something to do that you're always after some strange items? You collect every unusual thing you can find in the wastes. Huge collection of Condoms, sorted by colors? Been there, done that. We don't even want to know where you've found this rubberdoll or all these mice skins, but you're sure as hell are known as a collector of items.

Ok, these are just a few. Make sure you read the "paragraph" I've written in the upper part. Now, have fun posting and playing. ;) If everything goes well and you people dont abuse it, there will be MUCH more achievments in the future.

You may petition yourself for the achievments, but that doesnt ensure you will get said achievment.  If so, do that in this very thread here.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:01:03 pm by Surf Solar »

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
Re: My little forum "achievment" system.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:12:54 am »

Opera should get the great "Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" for his Character Planner and the Encounter Finder. Imagine a life without the Character Planner. It's horrible, isn't it?  :-[

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:45 am »

i like the idea, never thought of a achievment system for fonline, though i have a feeling your gona get alot of people trying to get your attenchin to get some achiements and such

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:17 am »

Nice idea.
I could go for the 'Amazing Music Taste' award with my alts.

though i have a feeling your gona get alot of people trying to get your attenchin to get some achiements and such

If so, I'm sure we'll be seeing good old dubya a lot on the forum.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:46 am »

oh that reminds me, i have a idea for a achievment, The Spammer achiement! i believe Mickelh deserves one hehe.... :D

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 09:40:16 am »

i like the idea, never thought of a achievment system for fonline, though i have a feeling your gona get alot of people trying to get your attenchin to get some achiements and such

As it is just an idea from me and not a fully fleshed out service, I don't really care if people wiill annoy me. Maybe other GMs/Devs/Mods will take place, but this is just optional. ;)

Opera should get the great "Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" for his Character Planner and the Encounter Finder. Imagine a life without the Character Planner. It's horrible, isn't it? 

Updated the first post, more things then tomorrow.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:58:48 am »

Opera should get the great "Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" for his Character Planner and the Encounter Finder. Imagine a life without the Character Planner. It's horrible, isn't it?  :-[
Encounter finder? Yup, this stuff is great!
Character planner? Never used it :P + I found it buggy and giving wrong information.

Back to topic anyways, I guess I will never get ''Amazing Music Taste'', nobody in the whole forums like death metal :P, ''Biggest Badass of the wastes''? Hey that's one nice! I guess I will try something like this. ''Mr. Fixit'', What? How do I get it :/ ?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:01:30 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:24:01 pm »

Quote from: Haraldx
nobody in the whole forums like death metal

Hah, lies !

I know that I'm NOT going to get the "Amazing Music Taste" award :>
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 12:28:03 pm »

I vote SniperGavin for the bush one :D as seems like 10 factions wants him dead

and i have 2 <3

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 01:53:38 pm »

Maybe the images should be a tad smaller? Else it seems to become pretty big signatures soon.

iiitachiii

• Sorry Sir, may I snipe ur ass?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 02:30:08 pm »

You should spend less time in this forums Surf...

Don't fuck with Brahmins.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 04:35:52 pm »

Fuck yes, Surf, i vote myself for Georgie and Mr.Fixit.

- Georgie for bitching and
- My clanmates will probably grant me Mr.Fixit.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:32:34 pm »

Funny. We can already give one tooo:
-To Cryofluid!
Mr. FixIt : He is the only one which have one of his suggestion implemanted!
The Deserts Michelangelo: Obviously for his awesome work
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 06:34:52 pm »

Wheres my seal of awesome...? >:(
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:01 pm »

John Locke says, No Seals for You

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.