"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:14:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NPC buying by barter  (Read 1942 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
NPC buying by barter
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:58 pm »

I just came up with an idea to solve the problem with caps and overfilled shops:

1) You can acquire professions, mercs or whatever from NPCs in exchange for your scrap. So lets say you dont have 1500 caps so you pick an option "I have something for you" and you trade your things for the total sum lets say a combat shotgun + whatever to be above 1500 and click trade like giving, the merchant accepts and gives you what you requested

2) You acquire professions for a favour - the seller ask you to bring you something of a value to him so lets say armorer for lvl 1 would like to get you 10 golden gecko skins or 10 radios etc. The lvl gunsmith maybe ten 9mm mausers from raiders (from encounters only). I dont know about the mutants for 35k :D I guess it would be good for lower/less cost profession.

The thing is that theres no caps in the market, they respawn rarely and are bought by 1-2 people at once. This way (2nd idea is better for me) some useless junk would vanish from the shops. Criticism time!

Edit: tl, dr: What I meant is to acquire professions via delivering certain items for that profession (lets say Gunsmith profession trainer could accept 10mm pistols, 2 shotguns and 200 slugs for a profession 1 (just example).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:17:05 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: NPC buying by barter
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:54:44 pm »

maybe by speech since it is much more useless than barter :> but idea is interesting :>

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:11:29 am »

Or, if you will buy a mercenary then cash from that transaction will be in NCR vendors (not as soon as you will buy him but after 30min-2h)
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:14:17 am »

I'm loving this idea.  No seriously, like the ncr mercenary recruiter will take certain items, such as radios smallguns etc.... Mutant will take bigguns, e.g. Mutant with minigun 3 miniguns?..... meh.  You should be able to choose whether you pay for the weapon or just the mercenary tbh.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:26:29 am »

I don't like the idea of trading all of your useless crap for professions and such.
But favors asking for specific items would make things better. For professions, books, maybe mercs. Bases should still require caps, but doing a specific favor to reduce the price of the base seems reasonable.

We could also use more repeatable quests (like the ones for booze and junk) to remove things like radios, gecko skins, broc/xander. 200xp and some kind of armor seems to be a good reward.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:33:53 am »

You should be able to add items whose value = x (prices) to buy things.
You're still limited by max weight so its not like you can buy large purchases solely with items.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:40:28 am »

You should be able to add items whose value = x (prices) to buy things.
You're still limited by max weight so its not like you can buy large purchases solely with items.

Yep, the prices of trade would concern sellers independently so armorer would favour skin materials
 or
 as in 2nd suggestion the barter could tell you bring 10 radios and then 10 gecko pelts whatever (Just I dont know if thats possible at the moment)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.