"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:31:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Marauders arent snipers!  (Read 3374 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Marauders arent snipers!
« on: June 08, 2010, 03:25:30 am »

Hello. I started to play recently again and I noticed the creeps have bigger hp, ok, ok, I understand...then I saw this.

(two marauders with 10mm smgs shots ONLY - the spear lady didnt touch me)

Marauders arent snipers goddamit. What the fuck I need 10 Agi for if they snipe from 10mm (I also have 7PE but nothing saves me). Now they're like ghouls (or even stronger). And dont even run because probably they have a higher skill... so at a basic terrain like NCR area I need a really good armor to survive first sniper shoots and then run? Dunno why but their smg and skill are pure pwnage ...

EDIT: I just dont whine or anything (not completely :D) just look at this: if Marauders are somewhat between range bandits like rogues and some complete melee (spear) they are 50% armed or 33% depends. Thats why they should be equally worse in handling those weapons. I can kill 5 rogues but not 2 marauders LOL :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:19:02 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Marauders arent snipers!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:03:32 pm »

I can kill 5 rogues but not 2 marauders LOL

What I take from this thread: "Boost Rogues" :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 06:06:57 pm »

Here's what I take: <whine>
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

kraskish

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 06:15:07 pm »

Lols, no, they're good except one thing:
rogues with .44 magnum come under your nose (hex next to you) then fire, so why the range of fire of Marauders increased so much? below 50hp its instant kill, no escape possibility (10AP), which makes them more dangerous than other bandits which is not true (seriously they're using spears xD) rogues are fully armed mostly in shotguns which is really good equipment, but this 10mm is like ghoul/crazies hunting riffle + they're firing 2 times per round
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:17:35 pm by kraskish »
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:09 pm »

Problem with rogues is that they have short range equipement. They are no true danger. Same for raiders, however those encounters where some raiders have assault rifles. Those are the dangerous ones. As they tend to do aimed shots.

avv

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:08:17 pm »

Dunno why but their smg and skill are pure pwnage ...

So are players'. Why should players be some sort of super humans compared to npcs? They are the same flesh and bone. You're barking at the wrong tree, the real question is whether there's something wrong with crits themselves.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

kraskish

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 07:39:38 pm »

Problem with rogues is that they have short range equipement. They are no true danger. Same for raiders, however those encounters where some raiders have assault rifles. Those are the dangerous ones. As they tend to do aimed shots.

Marauders make aimed shots as well.

@Avv I believe Marauders are equal or more dangerous than players with them. The thing is you cant escape marauders without losing 20-50 hp in leather jacket. You always get 2 shots from per 1 marauder. Not every player has a fast shot or 10PA

avv

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 07:59:15 pm »

I believe Marauders are equal or more dangerous than players with them. The thing is you cant escape marauders without losing 20-50 hp in leather jacket. You always get 2 shots from per 1 marauder

Then it's a matter of encounter positioning because it's not very rational that you start at the shooting range of the enemies. Did both like walk their eyes closed in the wastes until they opened their eyes and saw each other?

Not every player has a fast shot or 10PA

But a player who wants to fight you can very likely have over 10 ap and fast shot + bonus rate of fire. Besides, marauders are pure robbers, evildoers and killers they should be equal to best combat builds.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

kraskish

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 10:20:32 pm »

Then it's a matter of encounter positioning because it's not very rational that you start at the shooting range of the enemies. Did both like walk their eyes closed in the wastes until they opened their eyes and saw each other?

But a player who wants to fight you can very likely have over 10 ap and fast shot + bonus rate of fire. Besides, marauders are pure robbers, evildoers and killers they should be equal to best combat builds.

I have 7PE and 10AP which is decent, Ill check if I have 10PE will I run before them or not, neither the case they own on a long range. Maybe placing them somewhat near Gecko would be good, because they can appear all around the NCR area, well this is like PK, but it was better before wipe, the marauder was hitting for like up to 10 hp and bursting from close distance, but now he can do both at the initial range... before wipe the melee chars in the band were a problem, now they're useless (1 vs marauders without a good armor you instantly die most of the cases) The thing is, its an smg and dunno, they use it like a sniper, no chance not to get hit. uhh

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 10:46:08 pm »

I'll admit for newbie players marauders can pretty much oneshot them, Between lvls 1-8 I prolly died 20 times by those guys.......
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.