"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:54:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Militia AI improvement  (Read 2333 times)

Militia AI improvement
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:39 am »

IT seems to me like many of the gangs abuse bad AI by having one player hit a guard and running off the map and coming back on it, a simple improvement would be making any faction that attacks the enemy as hostile so if they see any members of that faction they will attack them on sight.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Militia AI improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:24:56 pm »

I like it... It makes sense.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:45:55 pm »

How about controlling faction being able to tell the militia, "Shoot all members of faction X" or "Shoot all enemies of the faction"  That way the militia could fire first on known exploiters and give the controlling faction the ability to repel there enemies while there aren't there and make taking a town from them a little harder.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42:40 pm »

IT seems to me like many of the gangs abuse bad AI by having one player hit a guard and running off the map and coming back on it, a simple improvement would be making any faction that attacks the enemy as hostile so if they see any members of that faction they will attack them on sight.

Its nonsense. Why do you people try to come up with such half solutions? You say make militia smarter but this won't make them smart. Simply make them react as close to human players as possible. F.e. if under attack then fire back, if enemy gets out of FoV, then chase his to last know position and then follow most likely path he could take and if not seen again in X sec then return, if enemy leave town and then come back simply remember him and open fire at him again etc...

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:47:19 pm »

I don't know how different the ai is between f2 and fonline but it seems that they are still at a 1998 level of complexity and you can't really expect much from them.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 10:58:45 pm »

Half solutions? Its called changing something, seeing if it stops people from abusing bad AI and if it doesn't see what other improvements can be made, this is often easier to do than to suddenly come up with a solution that will fix everything at once.  Tbh the only people i find that would dislike a "half solution" like this are those that abuse the ai have their gang sit in the town while 1-2 of them pick off the militia and guard their gear if they die, at least this way its an all or nothing battle with an actual chance to lose your gear instead of only having to worry if another gang is online. I've seen 15 militia die to a single player abusing this, it shouldn't happen.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 11:11:27 pm »

Half solutions? Its called changing something, seeing if it stops people from abusing bad AI and if it doesn't see what other improvements can be made, this is often easier to do than to suddenly come up with a solution that will fix everything at once.  Tbh the only people i find that would dislike a "half solution" like this are those that abuse the ai have their gang sit in the town while 1-2 of them pick off the militia and guard their gear if they die, at least this way its an all or nothing battle with an actual chance to lose your gear instead of only having to worry if another gang is online. I've seen 15 militia die to a single player abusing this, it shouldn't happen.
No it shouldn't but Devs seem to think its a low priority atm....  Or the whole King of the Hill thing is supposed to fix this idk...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.