"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 05:48:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Damage regulated by ammo, not gun type  (Read 1559 times)

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
Damage regulated by ammo, not gun type
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »

I find it strange how different guns get pretty drastic damage differences using the same ammo. I'm thinking each ammo class should have a set damage per bullet and the guns change the amount of bullets fired at once or the ap cost to fire them. For instance the .223 handgun does a lot more damage than the rifle despite being a downgrade. It should be a trade off of range vs ap cost. Like in f2 the difference between the desert eagle and the revolver was less ap/range and 2 more damage for the revolver, but in fonline they both take the same amount of ap even though the revolver needs to be reloaded more often. Granted they both cost 4 ap instead of 4/5ap but the differences in weapon perks and ap cost/range is what made variety in the weapons interesting. Joke weapons like the bb gun could have some use but the high ap cost to fire it just makes it useless.

To sum it up i think weapons should only change range, weapon perks, ap cost and in the case of burst rounds per shot, but not damage.

Just to be clear im not suggesting weapon stats stay the same and this wouldn't really affect EW as their "ammo" is just a power source and not really related to damage as they have different scientific principles behind plasma/laser.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:08:51 pm by Ziven »
Re: Damage regulated by ammo, not gun type
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:44:27 pm »

if you want realism, then you better go learn some bullet ballistics :D
not implying that i have any deep knowledge on the matter,but Bullets arent the only factor that decide's the firepower of a gun, that is, the damege it will do
alot of factors go in to the damege a bullet can inflict, for example, Gas operated weapons, that is automatic weapons, shot much weaker then pump action rifles because there the gas from the bullet is used to reload the gun and not only propel the bullet,which makes for slower propulsion of the bullet in question
then you have the barrel lengh, how long can the expanding gas keep propelling the bullet through the barrel? once outside the barrel, the bullet only slows down, its entire acceleration happens while inside the gun still.
then you have the barrels "rifling" and smoothness and many other smaller factors that i dont know by not being an expert on weapons :D
Do not piss me off.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.