"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:01:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Reno train station  (Read 7760 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
New Reno train station
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »

I'd like to suggest a train connection to New Reno. Why to this hellhole of a PK camping place?

1. Because of the quests.
2. Because of the doctor supplies
3. Because of the location in the middle of the map
4. See part7.

How it's possible anyway when we have just one train in Wasteland and it commutes between SanFran and VC through Boneyard and NCR? Will NCR have something against a connection to a stronghold of drugs and criminality?

5. A separate conductor, commuting between New Reno and NCR.
6. A different type of a train, typical to NewReno, like a car rebuilt to a draisine, thanks to the workshop of T-Ray.
7. NCR need gold from Redding for export trade, since caps are not always welcomed currency in the East. Unfortunately, there's New Reno between NCR and Redding. Also, the route might became dangerous to slow caravans due to raiders and supermutants.

Thank you for your attention, i'm always open for comments, questions and critiques.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: New Reno train station
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:31:06 pm »

nah i dont like it, ncr-new reno line wtf? I want for example vc-new reno line... It seems like you are willing to have a train only for yourself, dont be so greedy ...

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:11:15 pm »

Why would VC trade with New Reno, don't they reject New Reno in fallout 2? NCR even payed john bishop to act as an raider and attack vault city :/

And I'm not sure if VC even wants to trade with them, New Reno may want to get their hands on chemicals to produce drugs and VC may be able to get weapons/chemicals but overall I don't really think that they would work together very well, especially since VC despises everything that New Reno stands for (drugs, sex, gangs, thievery).

Well... thats just what im thinking.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »

Why would VC trade with New Reno, don't they reject New Reno in fallout 2? NCR even payed john bishop to act as an raider and attack vault city :/

And I'm not sure if VC even wants to trade with them, New Reno may want to get their hands on chemicals to produce drugs and VC may be able to get weapons/chemicals but overall I don't really think that they would work together very well, especially since VC despises everything that New Reno stands for (drugs, sex, gangs, thievery).

Well... thats just what im thinking.

drugs in ncr are forbidden so to who they could trade?

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 07:47:45 pm »

that a train station near Redding?gold is valuable for both NCR and VC,i think

Alvarez

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »

drugs in ncr are forbidden so to who they could trade?

Redding - most of the miners are jetties and trade their gold for Jet from New Reno.

As for NCR, they need gold from Redding, but are unable to bypass neither the geographical nor 'political' barrier, which New Reno represents, so they have to deal with the Families.
VC are quite introverted in the politics and indealistic, so they will rather trade with NCR or Hub than New Reno.
As for mine interests as crafter, i don't even dwell near NCR due to high demand on money and supplies.
Too much people for me.

that a train station near Redding?gold is valuable for both NCR and VC,i think

How much is the gold valuable to VC? They need more uranium for Gecko power plant from Broken Hills than gold.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:57:20 pm by Alvarez »

bikkebakke

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:01 pm »

How much is the gold valuable to VC? They need more uranium for Gecko power plant from Broken Hills than gold.

well, computer parts, or other parts that need gold.

And about the uranium, this is 2241 atm, the chosen one have not even been in VC yet and helped with the gecko problem. So atm Gecko is the one that should be trading with New Reno but I am not sure that VC would approve of that (keeping the power plant running, the leader do want shut it down rather than to keep it :P) And since VC controls the trainstation up there it should be really hard for gecko to trade by using the train I guess.

I'd rather see one of the developers to come over here and correct me in anything :P

Alvarez

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 10:31:43 pm »

well, computer parts, or other parts that need gold.

Maybe that or dental prosthetics, as in every wealthy communities, implants...but perhaps also as status symbols, export currency (don't know, if VC trades with someone else in the East or North), because it's shiny, etc.

So atm Gecko is the one that should be trading with New Reno but I am not sure that VC would approve of that (keeping the power plant running, the leader do want shut it down rather than to keep it :P) And since VC controls the trainstation up there it should be really hard for gecko to trade by using the train I guess.

Well, Gecko will be always the mutated sixth toe on VCs foot, even if a useful one. They depend on the power for their almighty laser cannons, facilities and solariums. And you said right, if the ghouls want to trade goods brought by train, they have to ask their neighbours first.

I'd rather see one of the developers to come over here and correct me in anything :P

Yeah, i'd like to hear their opinion to this, too.

bikkebakke

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:42 pm »

Well, Gecko will be always the mutated sixth toe on VCs foot, even if a useful one. They depend on the power for their almighty laser cannons, facilities and solariums. And you said right, if the ghouls want to trade goods brought by train, they have to ask their neighbours first.

not sure on if they are very dependent upon their powerplant since lynette wants it to be permanently shut down :/ There is a possibility that they have their own reactor or something inside the vault, giving them power.

Alvarez

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

not sure on if they are very dependent upon their powerplant since lynette wants it to be permanently shut down :/ There is a possibility that they have their own reactor or something inside the vault, giving them power.

They have a reactor covering their basic supply.
Yet still, they also draw power from Gecko, as far as i know from Fallout 2. What reason would they have to keep the ghouls at Gecko and not eradicating them as possible threat/nasty inconvenience? (apart from being humane)
If you modify the plant with Gordon's holodisc, the ending for Gecko is being a slave town for VC.
The plant is really handy for them.

Anyway, i guess it's only logical that NCR will build the railway there, between raiders and mutants, to get a safe quick gold delivery. At last, New Reno don't trade Jet to NCR, but gold. Tandi don't get her wrinkled arms dirty. All the jet is being sold in northwest, where the workfolk needs to be controlled by chemical means, slaves included.
NCR gets the clean gold and can trade it to the Hoover Dam and whoever lives beyond the radioactive storms for ammo, technology and such stuff. Everyone in Wasteland is glad and happy.

But it's all empty talk, since miners are paid in Jet for hammering caps in FOnline. There's no gold in Redding and even if, it's a rare throwing and HtH item, nothing else. But then it should be called in the description "Redding, the main source for CAPS in the wasteland"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:17:35 am by Alvarez »

bikkebakke

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 08:08:56 pm »

I think we scared of the devs from this post somehow :(

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 09:18:31 pm »

hah! ^^

hmm i think new station would be nice..
talking about historical context in fallout to decide this?
do not know. deterrent jeah.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:21:11 pm by John.Metzger »

Alvarez

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »

Nah, they just hate my guts and ignore my threads - no suggestion from me will be ever implemented.
Guys, just take this suggestion and make it in few weeks as your own: i guarantee, it will be at least commented.

Nick 'Alvarez' works like a repellent on them, since (and before) that case of my 'GODDAMNIT FUCKIN BAN ME' outburst of rage. I don't even know why i'm still suggesting anything.

Well, that's just how i feel, feel free to make fun of it.

hmm i think new station would be nice..
talking about historical context in fallout to decide this?
do not know. deterrent jeah.

Well. The New Reno actually HAS a train station and it's in Salvatore's territory. The Mordinos are paying them their share probably.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:54:51 pm by Alvarez »

bikkebakke

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »

Well. The New Reno actually HAS a train station and it's in Salvatore's territory. The Mordinos are paying them their share probably.

isn't it in the Wrights territory? the east district just above their main building. (or is it changed in fonline >,> havn't exactly been looking there)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:16:28 pm by bikkebakke »

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:48 pm »

jeah right. map also used for sanfran station

i donĀ“t think that devs will add "the first trainstation what realy is in town" in new reno

remember to the split off boneyard districts.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:25:30 am by John.Metzger »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.