"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:12:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Appoint a new G.M  (Read 2755 times)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Appoint a new G.M
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:28:12 am »

theres about a good 6 hour period where there is no gm available, i suggest appointing a new g.m. to handle the time in between. its becoming a pain when i catch someone dual logging and cant prove it due to no g.m. being online, this is especially frustrating doing town control and seeing the same name on a different character right after you killed someone and he killed you, to only have their alt run in and loot their corpse
plasma nade your face off!

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: Appoint a new G.M
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:51:18 am »

theres about a good 6 hour period where there is no gm available, i suggest appointing a new g.m. to handle the time in between. its becoming a pain when i catch someone dual logging and cant prove it due to no g.m. being online, this is especially frustrating doing town control and seeing the same name on a different character right after you killed someone and he killed you, to only have their alt run in and loot their corpse

Imho ingame admin request should be boosted by adding "ticket" system. So you could either try to contact admin in real time or create yourself a report of whats wrong (bug, exploit, rules abuse etc...) and when admin gets online he will be able to check it. Sure there are some things that require admin presence right away but its definitely better to post ingame report that admin can access anytime and read whats wrong than try to catch him online every 15 min...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:14:30 am »

Imho ingame admin request should be boosted by adding "ticket" system. So you could either try to contact admin in real time or create yourself a report of whats wrong (bug, exploit, rules abuse etc...) and when admin gets online he will be able to check it. Sure there are some things that require admin presence right away but its definitely better to post ingame report that admin can access anytime and read whats wrong than try to catch him online every 15 min...

imagine all the spam they would get immediately after logging on

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 11:44:09 am »

actually one gm is american so there is no real time gap without gms online, just that if they are gms it doesnt mean they have to nolife 24/7 :> And i dont think other gms will solve these problems, since fast relog is much harder to catch then dual log. And situations like you discribe should be posted in:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4605.0  Let others know about unfair play.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:46:40 am by vedaras »

Aricvomit

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:59:49 am »

which g.m is american? i had absolutely no knowledge of an american g.m whatsoever.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 12:00:57 pm »

which g.m is american? i had absolutely no knowledge of an american g.m whatsoever.

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Staff_List

Aricvomit

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:29 pm »

well i dont know about you but the only g.m ive seen lately and frequently is jovanka. and if gatling is a g.m and american he spends absolutely no time doing this. im not saying the g.m has to be american either, im just saying their is frequently a period of about 4-6 horus where there is no g.m. and this is at about 10 pm to 2 am for me. which are gaming prime time hours for american players.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 12:43:26 pm »

There is already an american GM, as Vedaras said, and current ones (except me) are frequently online during a very large period of time.

Well, I don't see why this thread would be open, everything has been said. Let a dev answer before you do please.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

ghostiez

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 03:16:57 am »

ok so what hapends when you get locked in someone elses room? like you are trying to steal the shit they stole from you back and they lock you into their room? like their hotel room? thats fuked you should be able to get out from the inside.. damn what a fucken.. damn

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

Gravedigging, locked.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.