• April 28, 2024, 04:00:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like the Checks idea?

Hell Yeah!!!
It's good but I would change this and that.
I dunno...
Something should be done with this caps issue, but checks are not the way.
I realy don't like the idea of checks, them wastez iz hash!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Explore the Checks possibility.  (Read 2334 times)

Explore the Checks possibility.
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »

Couple of days ago when I was exploring map, I visited NCR mine area and I talked to this guy that sells base-caves for (I think it was) 75k caps, then I saw my neewly made bank account with couple of hundred of bucks in it and thought that it takes some time to get this ammount of cash.

Then I read one of them polish threads and saw this pic:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5299/screen11032010063804.jpg
dude, had lost his hard earned money ;(
R.I.P. poor busterd ;P

Anyway if you're still sitting in front of your monitor, focus, because here comes my idea: CHECKS :)

http://www.rants.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/maa/check.jpg

Yes, checks. It's simple, fair and good way of paying for various things to which price is fixed, e.g. bases.

The way it should work:
1. You start your bank account.
2. You save money.
3. You want to buy base or other item with fixed price on it.
4. You go to guy that sells this kind of things and talk to him about it, e.g.:
You: "Hi bob I want to pay you for this cave with check, Is that ok?"
Bob (the cave-sella'): "Hell no!!! Then I would have to crawl myself to that shithole NCR and I don't wanna travel trough wastes full of them crazy guys in pijamas, radscorpions or other crazy Raiders! But then, maybe some more caps might help me make up my mind... You see... After I take caps from you I have to give them all back to those son'o'bitches who are in charge here..."
You: "Ok, how much you want?"
Bob: "I'm old and tired and this guy in Vault City said that there are some ways of obtaining citizens... But I don't think you need to know this, just give me this check and 5k caps."

After that you go to the bank and there should be option when you talk to banker that you want to write the check for Bob (75k caps), and you have to get 5k caps "in cash".

When you are killed on the way back to Bob you only loose 5k caps, and check which cannot be changed into cash in bank, becasue only Bob can do that. Of course if you loose check, caps are still in the bank until you give the check to Bob (for purposes of game in this moment the caps may dissapear from your account). The purpose of additional 5k of cash is simply that "teh wasteland is hash" :P

What do you think of this idea? Vote or DIE!!! :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Explore the Checks possibility.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:59:03 pm »

I like it although i'm a bit confused on some of the details but I get the idea in whole.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:11:28 pm »

I like the idea, you loose some cash but you ain't getting shot down to bluesuit level :P (I have a feeling that this thread is going to get some nasty replies >,> but i like the idea)
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:21:59 pm »

I like the idea, you loose some cash but you ain't getting shot down to bluesuit level :P (I have a feeling that this thread is going to get some nasty replies >,> but i like the idea)
*whispers: "From pkers duh..." 

I MEAN UMM FROM TEH EXPLOITERS!
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:27:29 pm »

I like it considering the high risk areas you have to bring caps like klamath/BH

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »

or you could do a % fee for the amount of caps you are checking in ;)

Like... you have to pay 15% of the total sum extra - For the 75k you have to pay 11250, wich is a lot of money but a lot less than if you would have died and had 75k on you :P (easy stuff to calculate before aswell)

iunno, just a suggestion.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 06:56:58 am »

Yeah I like this idea a lot (could even be used for other things like professions and cars). And if there's ever methods to boost your reputation a decent amount, maybe as your rep with a town/group increases, the fee decreases, even to a point where they only take your check (idolized?).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 24 queries.