"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 04:43:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remove or reduce sneak debuff from weight  (Read 6884 times)

Remove or reduce sneak debuff from weight
« on: May 29, 2010, 07:34:33 pm »

Getting -50 sneak from armour and then losing another 30 something percent due to weight is too much since sneak isn't good enough to use without gear on. You're getting penalized by the armour twice.

Re: Remove or reduce sneak debuff from weight
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »

First penalty because of its weight. Second (when you wear it) because of noise ;p
Also every item must have hidden stat like "size", and you must get penalty to your sneak mostly 'cause of this stat, not weight. So it's no matter you holding LSW at hand or in inventory, because it has size X, where X is very much, so having any BG in inverntory will decrease sneak much, because throwing knives, even if thier weigh alot (if you have many) shouldn't decrease your sneak almost the same as minigun.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:55:24 pm »

Also every item must have hidden stat like "size", and you must get penalty to your sneak mostly 'cause of this stat, not weight. So it's no matter you holding LSW at hand or in inventory, because it has size X, where X is very much, so having any BG in inverntory will decrease sneak much, because throwing knives, even if thier weigh alot (if you have many) shouldn't decrease your sneak almost the same as minigun.
+1.
So for armors you recibe the same penalty for wearing it or holding in the inventory. Also big guns should have a big size stat.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:17:45 pm »

In Fallout2 there was such a thing as size, which was checked for the car trunk.
Agreed.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:14:11 pm »

everything is fine, and author sucks :< sneak is not combat skill!

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »

In my opinion Sneak should be defense skill for light armored, not necessarily PvP combat oriented people, not a skill making killing easier for PR0 PWNZORS in CAs and with miniguns. They are good enough in killing already. Weight penalty is very good IMO.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:24:00 pm by JovankaB »

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 11:08:48 pm »

Tell me how many hexes can one save with 200 sneak skill, leather armor on him and smg + 20 ores in backpack?

Sneaking is still useless and I agree with 1st post.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 11:29:26 pm »

you get -75 sneak if you are facing, and then you get -50 for armour, I was off on my armour weight earlier it only adds 11k so -11.

So with 300 sneak, a 10 pe can see you at you at 25 hex and one hit breaks your sneak. Without armour that's 15 hex but if you get hit once most likely you're done for. Neither option is great.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 07:21:50 am »

Sneak is combat oriented skill Idk wtf Vedaras is thinking because rambo fucks and soldiers sneak ALL THE FUCKING TIME to jump the enemy.  He obviously has no idea what HE is talking about....  But the debuff is a bit harsh and I'm not even a sneak char.  Sneaking should be combat oriented because in every war you have the cutthroats, snipers, etc... and keeping ot from its true potential AS a combat skill is against the real-world of all combat games.  And guess what?  Fallout is a combat/rpg.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »

I can remember the best days I've played on FOnline 2238. Sneak was the most awesome skill to have back then. Forcing a player to consume Jet was a classic back then, it worked just like stimpacks. :D

I did not know they made the skill useless when I installed FOnline and decided to check it out again.

Waste of tag.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:47 pm »

Getting -50 sneak from armour and then losing another 30 something percent due to weight is too much since sneak isn't good enough to use without gear on. You're getting penalized by the armour twice.

Nice, Roachor, trying to sneak in a Combat Armor? ;D IIRC the point of this sneak nerf was to exactly avoid this kind of thing..
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 07:35:44 pm »

Nice, Roachor, trying to sneak in a Combat Armor? ;D IIRC the point of this sneak nerf was to exactly avoid this kind of thing..

You can't survive more than one shot unless you are in combat armour, sneaking in anything else is suicide as sneak doesn't hide you well enough even totally naked with no inv.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 07:57:49 pm »

Hrm, sounds more like a practical application fail.

So with 300 sneak, a 10 pe can see you at you at 25 hex and one hit breaks your sneak. Without armour that's 15 hex but if you get hit once most likely you're done for. Neither option is great.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 08:14:45 pm »

Hrm, sounds more like a practical application fail.

::) oh yeah because you have a whole 150 skill points left over with 10 int for combat skills, but hey it doesn't matter because sneak takes up 2 perk slots to work and you don't have the stats to use weapons properly anyways.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 08:57:58 pm »

* Sneaking opponent's Sneak is modified by angle by substracting 0, 25, 50 or 75 points, depending on the look direction (back, back-side, front-side, front), reduced by 25 for wearing leather armor (any kind) or 50 for wearing any heavier armor (sneaking in powered armor is not possible). Also, 1 point is subtracted for every 1000 points of inventory weight, rounded down.

Avenger Minigun
Weight  12700 grams = -12
Burst  AP: 7, Range: 35, Rounds: 40  

Combat Leather Jacket
Weight  3175 grams  = -3
Armour Penalty = -25

5mm AP
Weight  9 grams, for 500 its 4500 = -4

Total = -44

35 hexes vs Pe 10 is (50-35)*6 = 90. +44 for penalties = 134.

134 to sneak into minigun range vs a Sniper from behind, 159 vs back/side, 184 from from front/side and 209 from the front. First shot advantage vs a Sniper who has no sneak, just need reasonable sneak  skill (134-209%).

*Insert hundreds of other applications here*

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:01:36 pm by Solar »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 24 queries.