• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Remort  (Read 2648 times)

Remort
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »

The remort concept is the idea that once your character attains the maximium lvl(for Fonline 21) The player would have the option to destroy that character to make a new type of character at lvl 1. The rewards for remorting should encourage people to do it as much as possible. Probably in the form of
~ New Traits, since they're done only at character creation, new more powerful traits should be added. Such things as
-TAG!- Get an Extra Tag Skill
-Cannibal- You can eat any humanoid corpse for HP boost
-Bad Tempered- The opposite of Good Natured

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Remort
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »

Like a reincarnation, huh?

I wonder if these traits would be achievable with according karma, like, a PvP character gets a Bad Tempered trait and a crafter a Miner one.

That would encourage players to try each new trait out and play longer.

And i don't know if there should be a possibility to "bequath" a single perk from past 'incarnation'. That would sure make someone to a perk collector. (multiple Lifegiver perks from x-th reincarnation - still no place in Nirvana).

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:45:49 pm »

This would only lead to even stronger Powerbuilds...
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:28:42 am »

it'd be nice to be able to reset our characters skills, traits, and levels while keeping all our possessions, tent/base.  But that's it, anything more would just give powerbuilds another thing to abuse

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:47:02 am »

Raise level cap, problem solved.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 02:13:07 am »

Raise level cap, problem solved.

I don't really see a solved problem solved with a raised level cap. It would only delay the problem.

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:50:43 am »

When one gets to level 50-100 and has every perk and full skills, one would get bored and retire his character. (In theory)

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:28:41 am »

This would only lead to even stronger Powerbuilds...

Yes. It would lead only to grind. That's why the suggestion sucks.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 12:27:26 pm »

Okay.. heres one
Once you reach lvl 21, you get the option to start over with your character. Your name will be carved in a stone showing your archievement (placement in NCR perhaps?)
You will start over at lvl 1, with 1 extra special point in your lowest stat. BUT you will get -10% xp on everything you do. (like a reverse fast learner perk) Why? because this will slow down powerleveling. There is nothing unfair about it. You get an extra special point but the tradeoff is a lower xp rate.

If you reach 21 again, the same option is given. but this time you get -30% xp rate. and 15 extra hp. Then once you reach 21 again you get a little bonus again, etc etc.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:29:59 pm »

Well, extending level cap is an easier solution than this (And levelling can be made tough through the xp requirements).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.