"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:45:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Make "Look" default first action  (Read 3636 times)

Make "Look" default first action
« on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »

Look should always be the first option followed by speak. You can click quickly to see hp but if the first option is speak you will slowly walk towards your target, and it is very hard to click a moving target and scroll down quickly enough to see their hp.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Make "Look" default first action
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:28:15 pm »

Look should always be the first option followed by speak. You can click quickly to see hp but if the first option is speak you will slowly walk towards your target, and it is very hard to click a moving target and scroll down quickly enough to see their hp.
+1...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:44:42 pm »

Yes I second that.

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:55:12 pm »

What about vendors? We will need to stand near them for a little longer time, better for thieves ;d

Unless you want that only with players, not critters (or not vendors)
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:00:48 pm »

What about vendors? We will need to stand near them for a little longer time, better for thieves ;d

Unless you want that only with players, not critters (or not vendors)

It's already the case with players. I think he refers to critters like raiders. (why the hell talk to a raider, he isn't planning to talk back)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 11:04:18 pm »

Yeah vendors and that sort shouldn't be changed, but there are just some encounters where the NPCs are hostile, but the default is still "Speak"; those are the ones that should be changed, but not everything.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 11:12:54 pm »

well enemy mercs/slaves have this problem too

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 11:32:23 pm »

When I do a single click on a target with awareness I simply see the usual description. I have to hold click and select the view option in order to see health/weapons/etc

Now this is fine for turn based, but in real time this becomes a problem because thats a lot of time wasted determining what my chances are against a target.

For those with awareness why not make it so that 1 quick click and i can see the peron's health/weapons if I have awareness. Thats all, simple and not overpowering. Simply clicking on a target will give the description/health/ammo, rather than the tedious task it currently is. At least then awareness would have some use in real time.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 03:30:16 am »

What about making it like in F2, that your crosshair acts also like "Look" option ? Of course, it should be only optional, it might be messy sometimes.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09:55 am »

What about making it like in F2, that your crosshair acts also like "Look" option ? Of course, it should be only optional, it might be messy sometimes.

wait with floating hp display? I seem to remember that.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

wait with floating hp display? I seem to remember that.
No, no, dunno what you mean, but in F2, in options, you can turn on Combat Looks, so everytime you point crosshair at someone, it writes the current health state of NPC you are aiming at in text window, just like manualy clicking on him with the "Look" command.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

This would be nice, I'm awful at clicking moving targets :(

The spice is vital to space travel

And on an unrelated note ... <3 Dune
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 06:59:59 pm »

I guess this is problem is pretty much solved with the newest update, since you don't even need to click anymore  :D
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 07:27:55 pm »

I guess this is problem is pretty much solved with the newest update, since you don't even need to click anymore  :D

Well there's still the issue of people who don't have awareness. They still need to see if an enemy is hurt, injured, almost dead etc. I feel like they should get the floating text like those with awareness do. And either way, any hostile NPC in an encounter should by default have 'look' and any non-hostile NPC anywhere should have 'talk' first if it's an option.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.