"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 06:46:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hideout positions  (Read 3194 times)

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Hideout positions
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:38:08 am »

- base = gang
- you can't own multiple bases under 1 gang name
- you can't choose (or at least specify) the area where you want your base

These are the 3 main problems about current hideout feature. I will focus on the last one now. As you know prices of realties depends on many variables but there are 2 main that dominate them all. Size and location. Right now FOnline care only about the size and completely ignores location.

My suggestion is to make location matter when you buy your hideout. Even Enclave supercool "treehouse" bunker in the middle of sea would count for nothing if they don't have the means how to get there and use its location as their advantage. So imho it would be good if we have like 2-5 options for each hideout type and each option will differ with location of the hideout and its the price will change according to that.
It could be done via simple text in dialog with trapper. When he offer your f.e. cave hideout he will offer you 3 choices and he will describe where they are situated. If he does not have anything you need you could try your luck elsewhere or wait few ingame days to see if he has not found anything new.

- Hi, I'm interested in buying some hideouts, can you help me out?
+ Sure...
- bla bla bla
+ bla bla bla
- Ok, what cave hideout have you found recently?
+ First one I've discovered is one little cave near Klamath. Its about 72 km southeast away from it but I can't tell you more you know. Otherwise you would find and sell it yourselves right?
- Hmm, don't you have something more?
+ Sure. Next one is...
- Anything else?
+ Last one...
- Ok, I will take the one near Klamath.
+ That will be for 19 423,- pal.
- Here you go.
Re: Hideout positions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:12:46 am »

I prefer options like:

- north of town
- south of town
- northeast of town

etc. etc.

But overall this idea need to be implemented.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:31:43 am »

I agree very much too. When I bought a new base I was anxious to see the location. The first base we bought didn't have a good location, but then the second one was close to a mining site, so it was all good. You shouldn't be allowed to locate exactly where you want it, but right now it can be quite annoying if you have bad luck and get a location you don't like, at all.

Also, I know you aren't focusing on the second issue, but having multiple bases under one faction name would be very convenient, and it would get rid of the time-consuming, annoying, adding "Friends" to the unorganized faction terminal so they can see both bases.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:39:58 am »

Quote from: Sius
...Enclave supercool "treehouse" bunker in the middle of sea...

What? Is this some silly map the devs made for events or something?

Quote from: Dishonest Abe
...get rid of the time-consuming, annoying, adding "Friends" to the unorganized faction terminal so they can see both bases.

It's not that big of a deal.
It's supposed to be kind of clunky, for the retro feel.
No Web 2.0 in fallout please.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:16:12 am »

What? Is this some silly map the devs made for events or something?

Oil rig dude  :o.

It's not that big of a deal.

It is that big of a deal. Bases and gang management is designed like gaming hell for anyone who comes near it. Only unavoidable deaths in random encounters are only thing that is more frustrating than gang management.

Anyway I've skipped those first 2 on purpose since they are here from the day one and I hope that devs are aware of them and they are working on them (remember that global msg where we were asked to vote whenever we use gang terminal or not?). If they don't then I wonder what have higher priority in faction mod than factions...

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 02:53:40 pm »

I fully support that. What is so wrong about having a base 4-5 squares south/east/north/west from you location you wanted it to be.  ::) As if this would be such a pain in the ass...

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:54 pm »

Well like I know some guys who have buy  6-7 base to have one with a good location, and I already have a base near Arroyo should be, i can tell you it's matter.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 09:37:53 pm »

I fully support that. What is so wrong about having a base 4-5 squares south/east/north/west from you location you wanted it to be.  ::) As if this would be such a pain in the ass...

He was saying that to what I said about unorganized faction terminals, not about locations. (which I guess is off-topic because this topic is only about location). Because organized = new = bad?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:40:31 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 10:27:47 pm »

Base location can be pretty bad, I've had a jt base that was useless due to me getting raped by bos/unity every  time i saw them.

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:21 am »

It's simple. You can place a tent where ever, so you should be able to place a base.

Instead of brahmin hides, why not a base token. Find where you want your base and use science on the token.
Make the base token non transferable so it can't be stolen.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:24 am »

It's simple. You can place a tent where ever, so you should be able to place a base.

Instead of brahmin hides, why not a base token. Find where you want your base and use science on the token.
Make the base token non transferable so it can't be stolen.

No no no... no way. You do not create the base. You buy positions of bases that somebody else discovered so abandoned houses, bunkers etc. What you say would be perfect if we could build our bases from scratch and upgrade them through materials and labor but thats not the case right now.

But I find absolutely ridiculous that you are giving away your money for something you don't even know. Position plays important role in price of a base and buying bases without knowing where they will be placed is just dumb mechanics that need to be changed just as the other ones mentioned in the 1st post.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 12:46:06 pm »

I would like to see system, where exist something like "scout profession", which will be able to craft scout needed items and be able to roleplay.

Purpose will be to find adequate cave, set coordinates on map and than he can sell this cave position.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

avv

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 08:57:51 pm »

There should be at least some additional ways to affect where your base will be planted. It isn't particularly fair that you pay big moneys for something that's going to be the hub of your actions for the rest of the game and it's located in dumb place.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 10:06:05 pm »

+1 I support you Sius.

The way it is now grieves the loners or having a few friend gang which a base in bad location is pain in the ass where for big faction its just the matter of hours to get a new one.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.