"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:23:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 10% of merc/slave xp when it kills  (Read 5888 times)

10% of merc/slave xp when it kills
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:42:16 pm »

Because cha based chars usually suck at killing anything and lvling them relying on fa doesn't work anymore now that followers become weak when you heal them, im suggesting 10% xp of everything they kill while you are on the same map goes to the commander. That way its small enough that abuse wouldn't be worth it, while still allowing cha based characters to grind. Before you guys shoot this down with complaints about farming, remember it will take 10 times more encounters to hit max level.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: 10% of merc/slave xp when it kills
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:49 pm »

This is a nice, but intriguing... dont know what to think but yeah they should get some reward if someone is grinding with mercs
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:31:46 pm »

This is a definite must...............................................................   But You can always make a Charisma/Burster Character :D

My max with smg is 134 hitpoints.... on a player with Combat Jacket on :D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:13:18 pm »

i get first 10 lvls with outdoor and firstaid and dont shot anything.
leader char mainly travel and heal. isnt it?
bursting gave me the last xp i needed to get boring lvl 21

so: nope

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:21:38 pm »

shitty suggestion, its easy to get exp by doing repeatable quest/stealing/repairing/crafting so i find suggestion useless.

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 04:52:34 pm »

merc is shooting for example raider to -5hp
*stop all actions* or *move to*
shoot
and you've got 100% exp, not 10%
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 06:23:29 pm »

I'm not a thief, fa is not a realistic option to lvl to 21, I don't have any combat skills, I don't craft and I have no repair.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 06:27:34 pm »

I don't like it. Wanna get xp, go kill it yourself (and yes, I usually use mercs)

Besides, XP is too easy to get anyway.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:28:23 pm »

I agree with Roachor, there should be more ways how to lvl up characters and in case of high charisma character, this sounds pretty good
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 06:31:44 pm »

I don't like it. Wanna get xp, go kill it yourself (and yes, I usually use mercs)

Besides, XP is too easy to get anyway.

Not for this build :/

Relying on modoc quest/new reno for 1300 xp a day +healing in ncr means 3-4k xp a day

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 09:29:08 pm »

Most who are saying no either don't use followers or are already level 21 and don't want to feel shitty for not suggesting this themselves...  Its the sad reality of human nature.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:39 pm »

shitty suggestion, its easy to get exp by doing repeatable quest/stealing/repairing/crafting so i find suggestion useless.
Vedaras with such shitty comments you should be resigning from your throne right now... The shame.

No seriously  "shitty suggestion", "i find suggestion useless." <- this line would be just enough for me to go aggro on you IRL.

Anyways...The correct way imo would be to just split XP between players - and NPCs. Hunting parties argueing like "nooo i wanted to kill that" isnt needed..
XP share either based on damage, or simply distrbuted evenly.

What are these arguments people..."XP is easy to get". "doing repeatable quests/stealing/repairing". Seriously? A bit more thought? Not having too much in common with mercs and CH build characters now does it?
1. I buy a gun, to kill things. I get rewarded by XP for killing things.
2. I buy a merc, to kill things. I buy a gun for my merc, so that he can kill things. I spent shitload of money, and now i need to order them to do NOTHING, so that i can get the XP. Meh, better take the other route and take more END and LCK and just stick with the 1. version.

Kill a rat, get 25/2(12) xp. Or, with 10%, get 2 XP. End of the world? CH characters suddenly OP?

And to my knowledge, this isnt the first time this issue was brought up, and even Solar said that its a should-be-done thing if the engine starts to support it.
Im just SHOCKED that this "feature" needs arguing its just.....duh. Merc is a pet. Ownership of the pet->Player. Just like a gun. Does your gun get the xp instead of you? No? Does the engineer from TF2 get kills for auto-turret kills? It does? Does the hunter get XP for pet kills from WoW? It does? Every other game let that be RPG with a pet system like a necromancer from....diablo or something get rewarded? Or Even FPS like TF2, or IRL if you're a pimp and..........................................

/facepalm
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:54:39 pm by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 10:30:12 pm »

allright. i have tested leader chars a long time.
I have also been thinking about it.
But after I saw how easy the gameplay as leaderchar is.
I rejected this thought.

its simply unbalanced and we don´t need more treads like : let´s make our leader chars much better.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4859.30
another one. wtf is this? is a life as leader not easy enough or what? just woundered about so many treads.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5376.0
i saw vedaras talking as first about that, seems not "shitty"

EDIT : when fat politican earn xp from their bodyguards who just killing punks, then good night folks

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:35:45 am by John.Metzger »

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 10:44:55 pm »

EDIT : when fat politican earn xp from their bodyguards who stay to killing punks, then good night folks

Since I visited the holocaust museum today, I'll make this comparison. Hitler's guards kill dissenters. Less of a voice against him, meaning more support (the xp of politicians).

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 03:23:24 am »

allright. i have tested leader chars a long time.
I have also been thinking about it.
But after I saw how easy the gameplay as leaderchar is.
I rejected this thought.

its simply unbalanced and we don´t need more treads like : let´s make our leader chars much better.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4859.30
another one. wtf is this? is a life as leader not easy enough or what? just woundered about so many treads.

next will be : "add more hp to the unarmed supermutants"
btw a supermutant with 330 hp for 6k-9k caps who can not just use powerfists nope they can use plasmarifles too!
this little bit more det. on weapons isnt balancing. if u know what i am talking about..

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5376.0
i saw vedaras talking as first about that, seems not "shitty"

EDIT : when fat politican earn xp from their bodyguards who just killing punks, then good night folks

Unarmed supermutants are crap, (also they have 300 hp not 330) yeah they can use energy weapons doesn't mean they are good with them. I'd rather spend a little more for the extra 50 hp and the ability to shoot at a distance. Plus when you're at that point you're pvping against people with lsw and BA and even supermutants can be killed in a couple of shots, and the "cooldown" of replacing them is a hell of a lot longer than grabbing another set of guns and armour and coming back. Plus you can run out of range of mutants as they can only walk, lasers do nothing against metal and plasma has a really low range. Anyone who gives mutants miniguns or rockets are just crazy as the AI is so damn stupid. If bozar with in game there'd be a decent option but no dice.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.