"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:37:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sneak line of sight option  (Read 2673 times)

Sneak line of sight option
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »

To make sneaking less about guesswork could you add a line of sight similar to the sight range/weapon range ones? A static line assuming a head on look from a 10 pe char, so one line at 25 hex from the sneaker that surrounds them in a circle. That way they would know how close is too close to sneak.

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
Re: Sneak line of sight option
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:24 pm »

But that's the point of sneaking, it's a challenge. You can't look at someone and judge their perceptive capabilities (Besides glasses and opaque eyes).

I'm not for it.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »

oh yeah people are never aware when sneaking if people can see them. Anyways that's not the point, it doesn't determine anything, it just says "worst case scenario i can be seen this close".

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:56 pm »

May be atleast remove transparency from your character (no, not break sneak), so if you don't see yourself transparent, then someone can see you (only if you can see him too).

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:38:30 pm »

May be atleast remove transparency from your character (no, not break sneak), so if you don't see yourself transparent, then someone can see you (only if you can see him too).

+1

Really good idea. This could help improve battle tactics for sneakers, knowing that they are discovered...
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:52:21 pm »

Hold Ctrl
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:24:36 am »

Hold Ctrl
not very useful in pvp, no time to check

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 09:40:04 am »

But what about tactics ? If a sneaker needs this feature, then it's that he hasn't shot yet, or he would be un-sneaked. If he hasn't shot at someone, then he is trying to spy, and then the people he spies can try to act as if they had not seen him. I did it a few times myself ; you can tell your mates to surround the sneaky guy and attack him from behind.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:36:56 pm »

Sneak is too much guesswork since the formulas aren't available and even with 300 some people seem to find you very quickly.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.