"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 05:10:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: unlootable items(updated)=keys only  (Read 7453 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
unlootable items(updated)=keys only
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:28:56 pm »

why don't you create a slot in the inventory where you can save it from beeng looted or stolen,and to apear when you respawn,this shoud resolve this problem:
[...] but to make cars more safe. I mean everybody can steal your keys or simply kill you and loot them. I believe they should be harder to get so its safer for people to ride around in cars. Everybody is afraid of loosing them and that makes them absolutely useless feature. I believe that almost no one is using cars right now. Only some brahmin caravans maybe and then some buggy since they are cheap but thats it.
so players can safe an item when they respawn,like a key,ar a wepon or a brotherhood armor they buyed,not made(i mean 15kcaps for 1,anl lose them in favor of a PK whit rocket launcer,is sucks)
but,to make it unabuzeble,you can stire 1 item,not 1 slack of item(like ammo and resourses)i know it sucks,but PKs must make a living too(i am not PK)so you can't store 4 HQ iron ore in a mine,only 1,and not be able to save 4500 caps you lost to a random encounter,and to use it ,you must put it back in inventory,like you have 150 caps,you put 1 cap in the safe slot and in dialog to apear 149 caps
this whoud increas game dificulty and make more fun(you found accidentaly a super slege,and get PKd)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

well,now i sugest only for keys
what? Radios? You dont like to waste junk to craft it? car keys and thats all
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:48:43 am by LagMaster »

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
Re: unlootable items!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:51:53 pm »

propably not gonna happen, dude. partial/non full loot was suggested many times. always turned down to maintain harshness of wastelands. In my oppinion it just increases the gap between casual players/crafters/loners and big faction members since items usually go into hands of pkers eventually- especially the most organized groups. Im playing a loner(with few friends i play with) for 2 months now. I can say that I always end up loosing my stuff eventually. Even when Im super careful and avoid dangerous zones I will loose another hardly earned BA :], just because I simply have to travel to diffrent locations to not die from boredom.

But yeah.... most likely full loot will stay maintaining HUGE equipement advantage of organized groups. Meh
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:01:45 am by Drakonis »
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:07:00 am »

LagMaster, thief can stole an item from you and take it to the safe slot. You will kill him and can't get back that item ;)

But I think that for better playing we could loose for example 75% of items when killed. We have MA MK2, jackhammer, 100 12 ga., 1000 caps, and radio - when we will be killed they can loot MA MK2, radio, 75 12 ga. and 750 caps
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 12:40:07 am »

A noob-timer allowing a luck/level/time since creation possibility if item retention could maybe be tolerable.
Along with bad karma/etc. for noobslaying.

Of course this could be sploited with alts.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »

LagMaster, thief can stole an item from you and take it to the safe slot. You will kill him and can't get back that item ;)

But I think that for better playing we could loose for example 75% of items when killed. We have MA MK2, jackhammer, 100 12 ga., 1000 caps, and radio - when we will be killed they can loot MA MK2, radio, 75 12 ga. and 750 caps

Stealing tags you as fully lootable until you die. There problem solved   

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:32:54 pm »

I believe its a good idea but only for some items such as car keys, day pass, holodiscs and other useful items. Making it for anything will never happen so at least some stuff should be protected. Somehow hidden in our clothes or other gear so even thieves won't find it. Anyway it does not change anything if that item is lootable when we die. Because we already have such slot - hands.

So I suppose it should be maybe something like flagging items. Every char will have 3 kg (and up to 3 items) of space reserved to hide stuff. And we will be able to hide only miscellaneous items such as those keys, holodiscs, books etc.

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 02:56:25 am »

I believe its a good idea but only for some items such as car keys, day pass, holodiscs and other useful items. Making it for anything will never happen so at least some stuff should be protected. Somehow hidden in our clothes or other gear so even thieves won't find it. Anyway it does not change anything if that item is lootable when we die. Because we already have such slot - hands.

So I suppose it should be maybe something like flagging items. Every char will have 3 kg (and up to 3 items) of space reserved to hide stuff. And we will be able to hide only miscellaneous items such as those keys, holodiscs, books etc.

+1 to this

This will make it so the character can pack his gear a certain way. I know if I was traveling the wastes I would keep my highly valuable items close to me. Hell if you're able to pack a weapon in your "secret stash" make it an extra AP or two to withdraw it in combat.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:42 am »

+1, i like this idea, no guns or weapons though, Spawn killing could be annoying if someone was posted at every spawnpoint stabbing you to death with a combat knife/spear

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:59 am »

This game being "full loot" is one of the things why I play and like this game.
So either full loot drop or nothing, such partial solutions are dumb if you ask me.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:22 am »

This game being "full loot" is one of the things why I play and like this game.
So either full loot drop or nothing, such partial solutions are dumb if you ask me.

Well full loot does not mean that your stuff will automatically drop in front of you when you die. Afaik its done like this: you die, but even when you die in some cruel way respawn is made like somebody have found your body and taken it to respawn point...

SO even when you are dead and being looted people kinda only quick-search you and it should be possible to hide such small stuff like keys somewhere maybe inside pipboy or in hidden pocket, in your shoes etc. We are talking about small things, nothing like hiding CA under your shirt. And if you ask me, this can't bring nothing but better gaming experience and more solo friendly environment.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:49:30 pm by Sius »

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 12:32:45 pm »

no way please !
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 12:40:18 pm »

I like the idea of being able to hide vehicle or caravan keys. Its stupidly annoying when you lose a fully loaded caravan or vehicle as it can take days, if not weeks to rebuild and it would not take anything away from the wastland feel of the game. Would increase the number of players doing caravan runs and suff, which would give pkers more to do, give traders more to do and also give smaller factions/lone players a fighting chance to experience the full game, rather then being restricted to limited features through fear of loosing everything

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:15 pm »

Small items like radios or keys should't be lootable =/
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 01:16:25 pm »

Not a bad idea for keys in particular, might make cars not quite so pointless.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 03:34:57 pm »

Not a bad idea for keys in particular, might make cars not quite so pointless.

Add radios to that (or some boost for radios or ingame communication in general) and you have one happy player here ;).
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.