"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 05:49:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Purchasable respawn for captured slaves  (Read 5540 times)

Purchasable respawn for captured slaves
« on: May 21, 2010, 12:02:33 am »

Since lvling slaves takes a really long time and they are hard to keep alive, I'm suggesting a system where you can buy back slaves at their last xp level at one of the slave traders such as metzger/vortis for 100 caps per lvl. This would balance out the power of the mercs as they would end up being as expensive as a good weapon while allowing low level players to use it too. A naming system for slaves of Slave #1 to Slave #5 would allow players to differentiate between them without aggravating the devs with a naming suggestion and keep with the dehumanizing theme of slavery.

Re: Purchasable respawn for captured slaves
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:06:31 am »

I like this idea  :)
It's Mr. CrazyHatBazooka for you baby!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:07:02 am »

i think its a good idea, since we can be replicated why slaves cant, and leveling them is a hard work. I think same should be for all lost mercs just not lost mutants :> And maybe they could be rebought in other places of course.

Crysis

• Surviving The Holocaust.
    • Fonline 2238 Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:07:34 am »

I fully support this idea, It would be great for slaves to be able to respawn, It’s a pain when your slaves die and you have to start all the way from the beginning. +1 From me.  ;D

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:56:32 am »

I would rather see followers NOT dissappearnig. What is worse than having a carefully trained merc/slave killed is to see him vanishing without a reason  :-[

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 01:18:51 am »

Wait...They level up?
How can i keep track?
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 02:07:00 am »

Wait...They level up?
How can i keep track?

Watching their hp levels.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 03:27:47 am »

All nice and stuff exept that caps in FOnline are so easy to get that 100 per level of merc is funny.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 04:08:20 am »

All nice and stuff exept that caps in FOnline are so easy to get that 100 per level of merc is funny.

2100 caps x 5 every time you wipe isn't too low.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 08:51:19 am »

Unbalanced.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:16 am »

It's either this way - personalazing slaves, giving them names, respawning or this:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3415.0
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:48 am »

Unbalanced.

Izual don't post in my threads. Your pointless, non constructive comments are not welcome. Whoever made you a mod made a huge mistake letting such a petty troll have any amount of power. All you ever do is drop stupid one word responses and lock thread without comprehending what was written. Unbalanced? The whole goddamn game is unbalanced.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:18:25 am by Roachor »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 12:26:19 pm »

Izual don't post in my threads.

You can't forbid one to post in your threads. Especially when it is a member of the team.  ::)

Your pointless, non constructive comments are not welcome.

Do you want me to quote some of your posts? Pointless, non constructive comments there too. So don't try to be a smartass.
Whoever made you a mod made a huge mistake letting such a petty troll have any amount of power. All you ever do is drop stupid one word responses and lock thread without comprehending what was written.

First warning for this.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 03:49:59 pm »

i must aagree whit Iz,is not balanced,i mean a lost slave is a lost slave,don't have to cry for it
put to personilize slaves is a good ideea,lite a new dialog function:" i whant to change your name" and the response shoud be :"what is my new name,Master?" and use say or the line:"nevermind,your name is ok",and base name:Slave,thiss youd be easy to sell them by name,not by gender

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »

Unbalanced.

unbalanced is thing that you level up slaves for 8 days, and they are still shitty fighters and you lose one of them or all of them :/ Such hard work! Ba can be recrafted, guns too, slave is gone forever and it needed much more care and effort of you then getting those shiny items mentioned before.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.