- 3 (12%)
- 3 (12%)
Other
- 1 (4%)
Drugs are fine
- 16 (64%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Psycho, drugs in general  (Read 4683 times)

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
Psycho, drugs in general
« on: May 20, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »

Some say the -not so- recent change to toughness(10/0->5/2 dr) is a nerf, i consider it as a buff.

Tesla armor with 2 toughnes+2 psycho looks like:
Normal 20/4+60/0+10/4= 90/8
Laser 90/19
Fire 10/4(nobody using)
Plasma 80/10
Explode 20/4 (weakness)
Electrical 80/12

IMO, its not okay to have an armor costing 1/3 have superior protection vs BA.

Drugs are OP. Psycho is usable by BGs(and hth..) only but with -9 PE you might as well pop another one, and big gangs are wealthy enough to keep their fighters pumped 24/7. They dont have to worry about addiction. Jet likewise, if you plan to use one, you might aswell pop 2 at a time.

Suggestions:
Limit usage.
Every drug could only be used once. Used twice, it wont give any + bonus at all. Or if you must have a bonus, give a bonus to effect time. 1x psycho: 4 hours, 2x psycho with same effect: 8 hours, etc.

Revamp psycho.
Instead of giving +30 to normal, make it +10 vs all damage schools(+60 dr in total/psycho).
BA with 2x new psycho and 2x toughness:
Normal 70/12
Laser 90/8
Fire 70/7
Plasma 80/7
Explode 60/8
Electrical 80/6

Effects:
In PvP, people would prefer BA over tesla, thus EW would have a little more chance, even with that +20 dr against plasma.
Tesla becoming more or less useless. -> Put it in tier2.
Jet junkies would not be OP in TB.
Guarded town raping would be harder.

Overdose.
Popping 2 of the same drugs would mean DEATH after a certain amount of time.
Radical? Yeah, but think about it: Popping 2 psycho means a last resort kamikaze move. He kills like 20 people before he eventually dies.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:25:03 pm by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Psycho, drugs in general
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »

Well, number 2 suggestion isn't bad (and seem logical: what, you better resist to a bullet but not to an explosion?). But I am not sure it's needed.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 12:53:08 pm »

everything is fine now :>

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 12:58:32 pm »

Bah vedaras, you dont count :<

Err, to not sound a troll, please explain the flaws of my suggestion :P
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:13:22 pm »

The second suggestion actually sounds like it would balance the game more, do it I say.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 01:25:18 pm »

No. Psycho has at least one hard counter (massed bazooka for sure, arguably any crit-based weapon due to stun), is very expensive to make (something people somehow don't notice when talking about the mythical "big gangs" - because no, even we can't afford being pumped 24/7 and actually do so only for the big fights) and with the PE penalty makes you a human bullet others have to direct which, needless to say, requires "some" effort and player skill. Stop nerfing shit into oblivion. Stop suggesting nerfing shit into oblivion. Thanks in advance  ::)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 01:59:44 pm »

No. Psycho has at least one hard counter (massed bazooka for sure, arguably any crit-based weapon due to stun), is very expensive to make (something people somehow don't notice when talking about the mythical "big gangs" - because no, even we can't afford being pumped 24/7 and actually do so only for the big fights) and with the PE penalty makes you a human bullet others have to direct which, needless to say, requires "some" effort and player skill. Stop nerfing shit into oblivion. Stop suggesting nerfing shit into oblivion. Thanks in advance  ::)

There is no nerfing shit into oblivion, it's balancing. OP has a good point with the fact that it's all about Tesla, the supposed to be superior armor isn't better at all.
For example, option 2 wouldnt make the drug usseles at all. The effect changes a bit, same with Toughness. Some thing toughness now is far better than it used to be.
Remember, it's a beta aswell. We need changes we need tests! stop whinning for every little change, try it first then whine!

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 02:46:18 pm »

There is no nerfing shit into oblivion, it's balancing. OP has a good point with the fact that it's all about Tesla, the supposed to be superior armor isn't better at all.
For example, option 2 wouldnt make the drug usseles at all. The effect changes a bit, same with Toughness. Some thing toughness now is far better than it used to be.
Remember, it's a beta aswell. We need changes we need tests! stop whinning for every little change, try it first then whine!

Try running Tesla without psycho, see what happens. Turning a drug that performs a very specific task into all-around defence booster that's so weak it's not even worth considering using it is not called balancing, it's called stupidity. OP has no point whatsoever due to his lack of comprehension for oh-so-many tactics available to deal with drug users. I don't need to try rubbish ideas, because I'm blessed with a gift called imagination, which leads me to a conclusion that eliminating the only "hard" advantage of something that has "hard" drawbacks and counters and replacing it with minor advantages that don't even come close to being equal will lead to the drug becoming useless.

And it's not even that, because while presenting his idea OP proves that he has no understanding of the dynamics of PvP whatsoever, because a) people generally don't use Tesla armor, b) psycho is not a staple PvP drug like jet and c) energy works just fine due to lolarmorbypass. How (aside from correct star alignment resulting in the prevalence of simple luck factor) can a suggestion based on misguided opinions be any good is beyond my comprehension.

Moreover, considering the fact that OP's idea is basically "I don't know how to handle it, psycho too strong" whine on his part I find it funny that you consider my lack of enthusiasm for it whining on my part.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 03:33:17 pm »

sorry, dude, but first post is a nonsense
by taking drugs, you pay the price for the result
you can do more in specific task, loosing part of your universality
it is your own decision, and prices are big, still leaving a chance to be beaten
its a way of playing which already exist, instead of fuckin those people in their asses try to think out some new ways
i fully disagree with the suggestion
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »

I think it's quite the opposite, to me psycho is quite bad, with 1PE not sure you can really aim at anything ...
The explode dam type is to me a nonsense, it should be a fire(50%)/norm(50%) but it's a base of the game so don't think it have to be changed.

Finally giving psycho a DR against all would be this time completly imba. EW would be crap against psycho users where it's actually one of their strength ... Not to mention BA users with psychos ...
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 07:33:52 pm »

I'm strongly against #1, limiting drug use to 1 at a time will reduce players ability to get quests through drugs.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »

I'm strongly against #1, limiting drug use to 1 at a time will reduce players ability to get quests through drugs.

Drugs weren't introduced as "quest" helpers. If you create a charisma 1 character, deal with the consequences.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 08:55:53 pm »

Drugs weren't introduced as "quest" helpers. If you create a charisma 1 character, deal with the consequences.

Mentats have little other use.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 09:45:31 pm »

well, i find the way of boosting my taxichar charisma and perception and making him capable of fighting (id say that even great ii TB) while being able to transport lots of people is pretty nice usage of mentats
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 09:58:26 pm »

We need changes we need tests! stop whinning for every little change, try it first then whine!

Well, we don't need to try any ideas that seem just stupid and I think that the others explained you why this suggestion is bad.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 24 queries.