"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:55:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Add wakazashi blade to crafting table  (Read 5373 times)

Add wakazashi blade to crafting table
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:18:35 pm »

There is a distinct lack of non sec dependent one handed melee weapons and the wakazashi would fill that niche. Since super sledge is in game I don't see the reason for the omission as no one can claim that melee is overpowered.

Re: Add wakazashi blade to crafting table
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:55:46 pm »

i better would add a trader with all sorts of melee stuff - crowbars, bats, blades and all that.
life goes on...
JayDoom

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:05:38 pm »

i better would add a trader with all sorts of melee stuff - crowbars, bats, blades and all that.

You'd probably find people clearing out his stock (non-craftables) and charging more for them, alot easier to just add it to the crafting tables.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:17:43 pm by Signor »
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:59:49 pm »

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. ADD THAT SUCKA. We're democratizin' this up, rite? Characters with melee builds others than those standariz'd by the current game professions could benefit a bunch from this.
Didn't, got killed.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 08:08:33 am »

You'd probably find people clearing out his stock (non-craftables) and charging more for them, alot easier to just add it to the crafting tables.

i dont see a problem here - buisness is buisness
life goes on...
JayDoom

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:26:03 am »

Why on Earth do you want everything craftable? FUCK crafting! Its most boring, time consuming shit that exists in FOnline. I'd rather walk into the shop and get one there than work 4 hours to get 1 piece of equipment that I can loose in 5 minutes cause of bad luck in encounter. Add places where to loot such stuff in battle, encounters with such weapons and as mentioned those vendors who sell it. But making everything craftable is dull and with current game economics it just make the gap between fun and work even larger.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:38:24 am »

Why on Earth do you want everything craftable? FUCK crafting! Its most boring, time consuming shit that exists in FOnline. I'd rather walk into the shop and get one there than work 4 hours to get 1 piece of equipment that I can loose in 5 minutes cause of bad luck in encounter. Add places where to loot such stuff in battle, encounters with such weapons and as mentioned those vendors who sell it. But making everything craftable is dull and with current game economics it just make the gap between fun and work even larger.

If take the trouble reading everything. People tend to clean out shops of anything non craftable, and you end up paying double it's worth. So basicly making it craftable helps if you can't find any in the shops. You know? like an alternative?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 10:46:12 am »

No one forces you to craft things, or hell, even to play the game if it's so "fucking boring".
I don't know if you heard about it, but there are people enjoying crafting.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 11:39:49 am »

No one forces you to craft things, or hell, even to play the game if it's so "fucking boring".
I don't know if you heard about it, but there are people enjoying crafting.

And there are people who hate it. But they need that stuff to have fun in other ways than just from crafting. But current game concept almost ignores alternative ways how to obtain stuff and forces pretty much everyone to create alt and make himself a little factory in tent in order to play with their main char properly. You are not able to exist in FOnline without crafting and thats lame. No auction houses, no vendors with guaranteed items to sell, almost no players trading among themselves... game as it is now encourages everyone to do everything by themselves. And thats what sucks the most.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 11:41:31 am »

Do you want to tell me that we are "forced" to create alts?  ::)

It's just players greed to want to have everything as quick and easy as possible. That's why there are alts.
But this is offtopic anyway.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 11:49:24 am »

Do you want to tell me that we are "forced" to create alts?  ::)

It's just players greed to want to have everything as quick and easy as possible. That's why there are alts.
But this is offtopic anyway.

Greed drives me to create an alt? How else am I supposed to supply my main char? Even if I choose to roll SG sniper as cheapest char I need weapon and ammo to kill something in order to obtain stuff so I can sell it and buy something I need such as more ammo, better weapons and armors. One can not exist in wasteland without crafter by his side. Things you can loot from encounters will never give you enough to supply your need for ammo and guns just to level up and what happens when you want to PvP?

No man, its not greed. Its simple need for basic equipment just to be able to play. Greed comes when you already have basic stuff but you want best stuff and you want stockpiles of it "just in case". But don't tell me, that you can play FOnline without alt. You can be logged ingame, but you will most likely end up working even more that if you would chosen to roll 2 chars and supply yourself and where is fun in that?

Just because you think so does not make it so. There must be demand for stuff if it should become attractive for traders. And since HtH way of combat is not popular at all these days my bet would be that only people who will buy those weapons will be the people who use them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:53:42 am by Sius »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 11:53:49 am »

Then create a character who can supply hisself on it's own, interact with other players to obtain your needed stuff etc.
I don't have an alt to supply my "main" character, for what when I can create stuff on my own. But oh wait, it's no powerbuild, I am doomed!  :'(  ;)

But as said, it's offtopic. We can discuss this via PM or so, but I don't think it's needed.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 02:29:46 pm »

Greed drives me to create an alt? How else am I supposed to supply my main char? Even if I choose to roll SG sniper as cheapest char I need weapon and ammo to kill something in order to obtain stuff so I can sell it and buy something I need such as more ammo, better weapons and armors. One can not exist in wasteland without crafter by his side. Things you can loot from encounters will never give you enough to supply your need for ammo and guns just to level up and what happens when you want to PvP?

I wonder how you managed to get so far in this game.
After all you started with nothing.

I have a SG sniper alt which is self sufficient.
Hunting ghoul crazies gives me more value in loot (assault rifles, hunting rifles, shotguns, spears and ammo) than I can spend.
I have to agree it's hard to get good equipment with low or 0 deterioration without crafting, but IMO it should be part of your build.
If you're a SG sniper, you should get SG 3 in order to craft your own.

As hunter you could also use the cash generated with selling loot to hire a crafter.
I have SG level 3.
Give me the stuff needed for crafting the item you want and I craft it for you for free (for the xp).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:33:45 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:04 pm »

Back to the topic guys, whether or not you enjoy crafting is irrelevant. I mean first off knives shouldn't require much, maybe advanced metal parts and wood since it's a high quality blade so it's not like you'd have to grind forever to make it. Plus my argument is that there are no good one handed non sec weapons higher than the combat knife/sharpened spear which both suck pretty hard.

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 10:01:22 pm »

Just because you think so does not make it so. There must be demand for stuff if it should become attractive for traders. And since HtH way of combat is not popular at all these days my bet would be that only people who will buy those weapons will be the people who use them.

Don't like crafting well thats your perogative.

I ought to think so with such taglines as "The wastelands are harsh" this game promotes screwing people over at every chance you can from something so simple as killing them in the wasteland to simply buying/taking a vendors entire stock, if they can do it then someone will do it.

And why shouldn't they be craftable in a post apocalyptic setting, a melee weapon would be alot easier to produce then most firearm's would. Logically if we can cobble togther bits of junk and parts to make laser rifles or assault rifles then making a damm crowbar or wakazashi should be a jiffy for us.

Back to the topic guys, whether or not you enjoy crafting is irrelevant. I mean first off knives shouldn't require much, maybe advanced metal parts and wood since it's a high quality blade so it's not like you'd have to grind forever to make it. Plus my argument is that there are no good one handed non sec weapons higher than the combat knife/sharpened spear which both suck pretty hard.

Back indeed, I do agree there they certainly need a low requirment but I might suggest something like alloys with wood and possibly fiber. Considering most blades like Wakazashi's were made from steel it would make alloys as a component appropiate, the fiber would be for the wrapping on the hilt but that could easily be omitted anyways.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:02:55 pm by Signor »
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.