"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:47:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A reason to fight.  (Read 2481 times)

A reason to fight.
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:20:50 pm »

Sorry for my awful english.

In offline games you got a goal : killing the final boss, solving the last quest ...

On reason of the lack of population in Fonline is the lack of reason to fight once you reach lvl 21.

I was thinking of a little add to make the game more interesting on the long run :

- there is a limited number of special bases that anyone can see on the map

- those bases can be conquer by clans : clan leader click on a flag in the middle of the base, and if there is not any other clan member on the map, the base belong to that clan

- clans can own as much bases as they can

- each base is link to a "base perk" : all the members of the clan gain a new "base perk" that works like regular perk.

- when a clan own a base, the program check for all new clan members and add this perk to them

- when a clan own a base, the program check for all previous clan members owner and remove this base perk from them

- when a character log in, program check all the bases his clan own and add bases perks to him, same check when reaching or living a clan

- specials bases can be defend buy mercs, slaves and special automatic fix weapons that need a lot of stuff from the clan to gather, and are destroy when the base is catch

Sorry again for my awful english.
Re: A reason to fight.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »

I agree partly, There is no endgame content. This is probally because we are still in a beta. But still. It is something to be looked after.
Also i'm talking about PvE here, not PvP but even PvP could use something extra.
The base idea is nice, make a few bases on the worldmap, like Sierra. And make them visible for all. Give things like an ammo terminal or medical terminal. Or the possiblitie to fix weapons etc. Afcoarse you have to take such a base first, works just like town control. But without a fixed time.

A thing PvE needs are different strong critters to fight. Enclave is fun a few times but then it just becomes a grind. Extremely huge encounters, or somekind of Boss monster would be great. No a boss to fight might sound retarted yes, but it's a mmo after all. Give people something to do.

Simms

• Canada!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

Why to fight? Because you can! Because F1/2/Online combat system is a pure state of art, not enjoying it equals to choosing the wrong game to play.
...and I don't even get paid for it.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »

*wants*
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:27:11 am »

Well, the reason why we are fighting with VSB (UoAW then) and its allies since September (or August?) were several hundreds of 5mm ammo.

Find your own reason.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:51:53 pm »

Why to fight? Because you can! Because F1/2/Online combat system is a pure state of art, not enjoying it equals to choosing the wrong game to play.

FOnline combat system is a pure state of unbalance.
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:51:59 pm »

// edit: seems they didn't like hot linking, picture removed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:18:31 pm by scypior »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »

Well we fight because we want to win the war!
But that don't mean your idea is bad, and it even sound good to me.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.