"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:46:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merc AI Options Suggestion: Guard Modes.  (Read 1947 times)

Merc AI Options Suggestion: Guard Modes.
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:15:07 pm »

the suggestion is quite simple.

give mercs, and perhaps slaves, the options of "don't allow anyone armed to get close to you" meaning they'll tell anyone with a gun out to put it away, and shoot them if they get to close.

and "shoot anyone with a weapon" at which point they open fire on anyone with no warning.

and, last but not least. "don't let anyone get past you" mode, which is makes the merc attack anyone who gets to close, thus, if in cities, the merc cannot block doorways still, since he'll die from the guards if anyone trys to block doors with them, but it would allow people to post merc "guards" who are smart enough to defend the controlling characters loot.

this has probally been suggested before, but it'd be a nice touch, at least in my mind.

cheers.

-Ulrek-

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Merc AI Options Suggestion: Guard Modes.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 08:42:51 pm »

Seems pretty kewl... especially if you invite someone to your tent you can post mercenary gaurds near tentway so they dont try and sneak in and steal shit.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:57:45 pm »

i would like the option shoot any wastelander with weapon , so that bots could have weapons ^^
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:31:09 pm »

i would like the option shoot any wastelander with weapon , so that bots could have weapons ^^

the main reason i suggest this, is that it would help if you're trying to protect a area like a mine for a bit, since at least some HtH mercs have enough HPs and metal armor to take damage, and could rush attack anyone with a minigun with super sledges and powerfists before they could kill them all.

also, yes it would be handy for the tent, that way if you have friends you just tell them to put their guns away, and if they walk close to the merc to try and kill him with a short range burst he'll attack as soon as they draw the weapon, since he already passed the "warning" range and is now right next to him.

anyway, feel free to post more comments/ideas.

cheers.

-Ulrek-
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.