• April 28, 2024, 06:44:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like this idea?

Yes, absolutely
Yes, but i would improve it (please, write how)
No, i have better idea (post it please)
No, im PK, this will threaten my business
I am in Love with Lordus

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PK, again, i know,.. :/  (Read 5452 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
PK, again, i know,.. :/
« on: May 16, 2010, 02:16:08 am »

Motto: Dont protect players, but give them chance to protect themselfs.

1) I need to visit Redding mine, i want HQ materials, but i am afraid of PK there.
 2) I travel on world map, i meet Redding caravan

3) I have good karma in Redding, and i have enough speech.

4)

*You will need charisma to speak with trader (like now)
 *Speech at minimal level 75 will allow you to ask the question.
 *More speech you will have, more accurate information you will get.
 Accuracy in 2 ways:
 time accuracy - 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 5 minutes info (i.e. if you have 75 skill points in speech, you will get info only about 30 minutes, if you have 100, you will get 30 min and 15 minutes info, if you will have 125, you will get 30,15,5 minutes info).
 location accuracy - whole city/ whole city and mines / ...

Edited by Lordus (links to pictures)

FAQ (question?? :) ):
Q: I think it is pretty unrealistic that a caravan know what happen in the past 5 minutes.
A: All Caravans has radio.. They can call mayor of that location. More speech you have, more persuasive you are, more helping is the Caravan. (i.e. You: "Hey, dude, nice leather armor, where did you get it?" Caravan: "SF shop..." You: " Ah, this is good trader, but i know someone who is cheaper, it is.. . " Caravan: "Thx, good to know", You: "I am glad to help you, can you do favour to me, is Redding safe?" Caravan: "Sure bro, i will call now, ..."  in opposite of: You "Hello, can you tell me if the Redding is safe now?" Caravan: "I dont know, but i recieved call before few minutes and there was 4-6 players killed" You: "In mines?" Caravan: "Sorry, have no time for this chat")

Q: Its still better to send the alt-scout to location then waste skill points into Speech or even bother to meet caravana :/
A: Sure, if you play in team, you have voice comm. If you have not this possibility and if you dont want ALTING, this will help.

Q:Actually it seems to be pointless. There is A LOT of killing and death around those HQ mines.
A: If you have enough speech, you can have good info, so you can find safe time window to mining, visiting the city, making proffesion.. At least, you will avoid the insta death if you will see, that in last 5 minutes there was 10 players killed in mines..

Q: After midnight of Eu time your chances are getting bigger and i don't need any freakin caravn to know that :]
A: I heard that there exist players, who sleeps at night. But i admit, i never found them :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 02:51:01 am by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
Re: PK, again, i know,.. :/
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 02:27:20 am »

Actually it seems to be pointless

There is A LOT of killing and death around those HQ mines. Better idea is to convince caravan that they will go with you to mine. But it should be whole project and as always it would be exploitable.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:31:25 am »

I voted yes but I would improve it...
Because I think it is pretty unrealistic that a caravan know what happen in the past 5 minuts, but the idea add a lot of flavour, so I'm for 1 hour , 30 min, 15 min. Obvliously I think this is not a high priority , but is a nice idea.

Post Scrittum
If no one have said until now  I want to say wasteland are harsh
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

Lordus

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 02:32:13 am »

Actually it seems to be pointless

There is A LOT of killing and death around those HQ mines. Better idea is to convince caravan that they will go with you to mine. But it should be whole project and as always it would be exploitable.

Well, this is questionable.

If you have enough speech, you can have good info, so you can find safe time window to mining, visiting the city, making proffesion..... .
 At least, you will avoid the insta death if you will see, that in last 5 minutes there was 10 players killed in mines..
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 02:35:31 am »

Its still better to send the alt-scout to location then waste skill points into Speech or even bother to meet caravana :/

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 02:47:01 am »

Well, this is questionable.

If you have enough speech, you can have good info, so you can find safe time window to mining, visiting the city, making proffesion..... .
 At least, you will avoid the insta death if you will see, that in last 5 minutes there was 10 players killed in mines..

But after a few trips you can find dependence by yourself, there is a time you have 1% to survive and there is time when 9 of 10 trips will be succesfull. After midnight of Eu time your chances are getting bigger and i don't need any freakin caravn to know that :]
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 04:23:42 pm »

I voted Vedaras cause it was too fun.
More seriously, making cha and speech of some use in the game (for something else than having 5 Super mutant in party) is something good, but like said, not sure this idea will be of any use.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 04:30:57 pm »

Lordus, I appreciate your ideas and the will to make the game better.
But if you wan't do discuss ideas in a serious matter, don't make fun options in polls, as it leads to:

I voted Vedaras cause it was too fun.

If I see another thread with atleast one of this "fun options", I'll just lock it.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 04:32:18 pm »

i found "about 3 murders" mayors in must be 10 that he can count to 3 as about... :D Anyway i agree that speech should be made more useful, just not in this kinda way , its pretty much useless both in making it and in the use since that "pker" can be blue suit with hammer who killed real pker, and 20 guys gang in same time, so whats the use ? :> Furthermore only redding and bh mines could have such ability, so vc mine would be discriminated.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:34:17 pm by vedaras »

Lordus

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »

i found "about 3 murders" mayors in must be 10 that he can count to 3 as about... :D Anyway i agree that speech should be made more useful, just not in this kinda way , its pretty much useless both in making it and in the use since that "pker" can be blue suit with hammer who killed real pker, and 20 guys gang in same time, so whats the use ? :> Furthermore only redding and bh mines could have such ability, so vc mine would be discriminated.

this idea is purposed to raise the ability of survive in that locations, not to give anybody 100 percent guarantee.. like in real post apo world :)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 04:54:18 pm »

this idea is purposed to raise the ability of survive in that locations, not to give anybody 100 percent guarantee.. like in real post apo world :)

well i dont think devs made these locations for people to survive :> If these locations are made to be dangerous spot, maybe let it be like that. And as i said before allowing to warn in 2 of 3 HQ mines leaves the third fucked completely. Not fair.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 05:18:18 pm »

Good idea. Maybe the way the dialogs are written suck :P but the idea itself is very good. It's an alternative to using alt scouts, what I hate. Not like I believe it will significantly reduce the number of scout alts, but somebody who wants go have some info about the mine DOESN"T HAVE TO use alts anymore. Not a big change, but very nice.

vedaras -> this is not a 'greatly changing feature', so I wouldn't worry about 'third fucked up completely'. You think now all crafters will just jump into having high charisma and speech? Yeah, right.

EDIT: Vote: Yes, but i would improve it (by making decent dialogs, and that there should be one-time roll on speech on how much info will you got, just like in original FO - not a fixed limit of that skill)

I'll use this for sure if it gets into the game, as the great alt-hater as I am  8)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:29:04 pm by DrapiChrust »

ShemsuHor

• I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:05:16 pm »

Why not allow a player with high enough speech to buy the hq stuff from the caravan?
Dont' hate the game- hate the player..killers

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 11:15:05 pm »

Why not allow a player with high enough speech to buy the hq stuff from the caravan?

+1

Caravans and free traders are now useless. They are only looting victims

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 01:33:21 am »

+1

Caravans and free traders are now useless. They are only looting victims

+1 too, and i do think that the Speech Charavan thing is a good idea, becuase
1. like vilaz just said, Carvavans and free traders are very close to useless right now.
2. I like sticking to my Main, i barley log into my Alts ( lolz 10min wait)
3. i'd rather be safer knowing its safer
4. Defenders or other Pk'ers can use it to find out whether or not Redding (or other towns) have any Pk'ers around to defend the town from (or slaughter for the hell of it or loot em)

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 24 queries.