"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:32:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bazooka/Rockets vs Armors  (Read 5524 times)

Bazooka/Rockets vs Armors
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:22:12 pm »

What about this. When you shoot to someone from Bazooka so his armor will be have more deterioration. Its Rocket, very explosive ammo.

For example i shoot for someone who have Metal Armor(0 deterioration), so after first shoot he will be have arround 40%(30% or 20%, its example) deterioration.

With this we can decrease(a little) damage of rockets and etc beacuse we will be have(in battle) armors with highly deterioration so you have less resistances. It would be good feature for Rocket Lauchners. I think that everyone understand
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Bazooka/Rockets vs Armors
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:51:21 pm »

same it should be with flaming weapons and plasma weapons as they are armor eaters. Anyway good idea :>
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:15:09 pm »

same it should be with flaming weapons and plasma weapons as they are armor eaters. Anyway good idea :>

Yeah, i only thought that Bazooka/Rocket is best example for it.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »

Well, it is not bad idea, i like this, but if you implement this idea, it will only move the balance to the BG weapons and builds and they imo does not need this. Every bigguner could than first shoot from RL to enemy and than change to lsw minigun weapon kind and attack.

What will be the counter measure for, i.e. SG with assault rifles, smg, shotgun, or ew with plasma rifle.

So wait with this idea implementation, until we can move the balance to prevous named weapons.

OR, make a big revolution, RL should not be a biggunner skill, but i.e. traps, or throwing, so it will be even for biggunners/smallgunners/ew pvp classes.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:41:46 pm »

Well, it is not bad idea, i like this, but if you implement this idea, it will only move the balance to the BG weapons and builds and they imo does not need this. Every bigguner could than first shoot from RL to enemy and than change to lsw minigun weapon kind and attack.

What will be the counter measure for, i.e. SG with assault rifles, smg, shotgun, or ew with plasma rifle.

So wait with this idea implementation, until we can move the balance to prevous named weapons.

OR, make a big revolution, RL should not be a biggunner skill, but i.e. traps, or throwing, so it will be even for biggunners/smallgunners/ew pvp classes.

so what are you saying, that big gunner with ba rl rockets and lsw + 223, should suck and shitty sniper with shitty rifle own all ?

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 09:45:50 pm »

bazookas are good enough, just needs to lower ammo crafting prices
Rockwell gold card owner.

Lordus

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 09:47:13 pm »

so what are you saying, that big gunner with ba rl rockets and lsw + 223, should suck and shitty sniper with shitty rifle own all ?

i did not said this.

I say, that i like the idea, but in current unbalanced system, you will only add another ability to one of two current builds. I said it before Vedaras, that you lack of global view. This is the example. You only compare these 2 classes. I am trying to overview.

This measure will add benefit agaisnt SG and EW weaspons. So RL will be quite better agaisnt snipers, but the space between the scissors (other than sniper SG class guns X BG) will be bigger. Understand?
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »

i did not said this.

I say, that i like the idea, but in current unbalanced system, you will only add another ability to one of two current builds. I said it before Vedaras, that you lack of global view. This is the example. You only compare these 2 classes. I am trying to overview.

This measure will add benefit agaisnt SG and EW weaspons. So RL will be quite better agaisnt snipers, but the space between the scissors (other than sniper SG class guns X BG) will be bigger. Understand?

And how you know that anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion ? That they wanna implent it to game when it will be done ?

Lordus

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 10:52:07 pm »

And how you know that anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion ? That they wanna implent it to game when it will be done ?

so i have not right to write my suggestions and you have, or what?

i know that your suggestion is more easier to implement than mine, but it is unbalancing, so i am against your suggestion but also, i have suggested way how to not totaly unbalance it.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 11:01:56 pm »

I'm all for item getting broken and all that stuff, but lets say that one bullet causes your armor to deteriorate for 0.1%. In that case rocket/nades/explosives should cause 1-3% deterioration tops (dunno what are real numbers but ratio regular dmg and explosives should not cross the line 1:10 or something like that). Numbers like 20% or more per rocket are nothing but insanity.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:02:00 pm »

I dont said it, that you dont have rights. I only ask how you know if anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion when i have to wait on your complete suggestion. Then i can wait two years, more ?

Lordus

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:06:51 pm »

I dont said it, that you dont have rights. I only ask how you know if anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion when i have to wait on your complete suggestion. Then i can wait two years, more ?

Maybe one year. So, if devs implement this feature (more powerfull BG weapon ability), we will wait 1 year with this unbalance. So this is your purpose? Wait for this long time?
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:12:39 pm »

Maybe one year. So, if devs implement this feature (more powerfull BG weapon ability), we will wait 1 year with this unbalance. So this is your purpose? Wait for this long time?

I only want know if anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion ! Or if you only talking with avv for yourself

Lordus

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:20:37 pm »

I only want know if anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion !!!

In this thread, you suggested good idea, IMO. But without balancing with other weapons and char builds, it will be unbalancing factor.

RL is currently - 40 hex distance - kind of sniper riffle with more bigger constant damage and with ability to make criticals. You want to raise it ability but you dont want to balance other classes. So it is the same reason, why i created my Process idea, because there were more or less interesting ideas about pvp changes, but they were separate..

So i dont know, if devs are reading (not my suggestion, suggestion from everyone, except you,) my thread or if they will try to implement, but i at least dont suggesting ideas with unbalancing factor, because this pvp us unbalanced too much.

Back to your topic,
 i can accept your idea right now, if the damage created by RL will be 1/2 to current damage. So RL will be something like supportive weapon, first reduce enemy armor, then kill him by another weapon.

It is, IMO, more TACTICAL, than raising firepower of very overpowered weapon.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 02:03:05 am »

I only want know if anyone from Devs is interested in your suggestion ! Or if you only talking with avv for yourself

I've said it in the other thread and I'll only repeat myself: You will see it with upcoming updates if a suggestion is accepted, delayed or scrapped.
Devs don't need to post in every single suggestion thread, wether they like the idea or not, that's nonsense and time eating.

And now back to topic.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.