"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:12:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like ideas to change healing/doctor system?

Totally agree
- 0 (0%)
Some ideas are good
- 2 (25%)
Its ok as it is now
- 0 (0%)
Maybe one of the ideas
- 1 (12.5%)
Definitely NO
- 5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Change of healing/doctor system  (Read 3063 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Change of healing/doctor system
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:57 pm »

I think the healing / doc system in FOnline doesnt use its full potential. I came up with some solutions:

1) First Aid causes no weaken status when holding First Aid Kit

2) Unskillful doctor should cause damage to the operated person respectfully to the % of skill, e.g.
less than 40% - probability of injury + dmg,
40%-80% fail - 10 dmg,
100%++ - 1-3 dmg rough estimate ;)

3) Injuries available to cure ONLY with doctors bag. Doctors bag should be made craftable, lets say 50% doctor and 7IN. Wood + metal part + fibre or maybe el. parts

4) Bonus to FA when holding Paramedics bag. Craftable FA lets say 80% + INT7 + 40% outdoorsman ?? Not having a paramedic bag would result in lower FA on the worldmap (if its possible to implement :D)

What do you think?
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Re: Change of healing/doctor system
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:37:42 pm »

why 7 int

also damaging/killing people when using FA on them? I don't think you've thought long enough about this

kraskish

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:06:55 pm »

why 7 int

also damaging/killing people when using FA on them? I don't think you've thought long enough about this

I think you didnt think of your answer either. 7 INT to create doctor profession needed more, and also more realistic.

doctor would be disabled under 0 HP??? SOLUTION ??

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14:57 pm »

Why do you want to make everything craftable? There are other ways how to make stuff accessible such as vendors.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »

2) Unskillful doctor should cause damage to the operated person respectfully to the % of skill
Ahaha, I can remember doc Stich (or something like that) from Fallout Tactics, one of character you get on 1st mission... who was trying to doc my arm and crippled my eye ^_^ this doc can easily kill everything he touches. I'm sorry, but low doc skill is already useless, don't make it totally impossible to use. My 21% doc once a year can remove my weakness or heal my injury. And with such low skill you need to wait 15 minutes to repeat to fail again. So you'll make this skill totally useless, if it's not tagged.

kraskish

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 08:52:23 pm »

Ahaha, I can remember doc Stich (or something like that) from Fallout Tactics, one of character you get on 1st mission... who was trying to doc my arm and crippled my eye ^_^ this doc can easily kill everything he touches. I'm sorry, but low doc skill is already useless, don't make it totally impossible to use. My 21% doc once a year can remove my weakness or heal my injury. And with such low skill you need to wait 15 minutes to repeat to fail again. So you'll make this skill totally useless, if it's not tagged.

Dont you see its my point? People play with FA and Doc now, look at NCR, everyone tries to FA and doc someone. The point is doctor (surgery) should be more responsibly used, I know its useless now, but in reality unskillful surgery leads to injuries/damage ;) That would create a NEED of medic in a team like a LEADER is, not just SNIPER, BIG GUNNER, SNIPER, BIG GUNNER, more functions more variety.

@Sius ok they could be bought, why not :) or obtained with profession lvl like guns n bullets

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 10:02:21 pm »

Dont you see its my point? People play with FA and Doc now, look at NCR, everyone tries to FA and doc someone. The point is doctor (surgery) should be more responsibly used, I know its useless now, but in reality unskillful surgery leads to injuries/damage ;) That would create a NEED of medic in a team like a LEADER is, not just SNIPER, BIG GUNNER, SNIPER, BIG GUNNER, more functions more variety.

@Sius ok they could be bought, why not :) or obtained with profession lvl like guns n bullets
They try and they fail. Low FA, just give you weakness effect with almost no HP gain. FA and Doc are nerfed enough.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

kraskish

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »

They try and they fail. Low FA, just give you weakness effect with almost no HP gain. FA and Doc are nerfed enough.

Well it "works" but following the intent of devs, wastelander should join to other players, I also hear about some variety. It would be a solution to make it more advanced and serious profession not just side or addition, which would bring the necessity of fewer doc alts (for crafting meds) to make them playable as other professions FULLY, to exist in battles like Snipers, Biggunners and sometimes pistolero and energy. It would create necessity of a player doc in the team

kraskish

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 03:56:41 pm »

Its funny all my ideas to make the game more real (thus making the game more varied) are always unpopular. I should switch thinking of some pvp friendly suggestions :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 24 queries.