"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:41:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An upgrade in real time mode  (Read 2339 times)

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
An upgrade in real time mode
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:17:38 pm »

I've noticed that in TB-mode your movement depends from AP and in RT-mode everybody are moving same.
My idea is to make player speed in RT-mode dependable from his AP and/or Agility. Then AP in RT wouldn't be useful only for shotting.
It will also be useful when you're guarding your town or mine, when some ugly n00bz with lvl 1 dig and run, and you can't do nothing becouse they have same speed as 21lvl.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: An upgrade in real time mode
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »

so, you want to upgrade bigguners runspeed and pretty much fuck with snipers even more, good luck pal,i f you make movement dependent on AP or agility the biggun junkie builds will be the only ones used in PvP, please, think of at least the PvP system before you post in this subforum, no offence kiddo, but that's the ugly truth...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:27:41 pm »

I think it's impossible to implement in 2D.
And even if possible you need x10 different more skins with every armor for each AG point.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:06:50 pm »

I think it's impossible to implement in 2D.
And even if possible you need x10 different more skins with every armor for each AG point.

Think with 3D.

Anyway this is bad idea. Altering running speed is a good part of it but making it dependent on ag/ap is really really bad one.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »

This is limited by the engine at the moment.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:07 pm »

yeah it's not like you can travel fractions of a hex either.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 10:22:58 pm »

Ofc you can. You can either run, or walk. It takes X amount of time to get from 1 hex to another while walking, and X/2 while running. Until X time passes, server handles player position as its just standing still in the same hex. So X is a variable that can be adjusted easily, but with 2d sprite animations? Ice-skating characters..
With the adition of 3d animations however, and when the engine starts to support this, it can be done, and should be done. But IMO there should be only 3 speeds in total:
Walking/limping(crippled legs), Running, and Sprinting IF the character has the bonus move perk.
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.