"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:40:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: High priority changes  (Read 3023 times)

High priority changes
« on: May 04, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »

So, we have a LOT of topics about everything, many are similar or even identical.
What I have in mind is a "suggestion for suggestion", to give a priority to changes.

How do that? With vote (maybe a pool) or simply looking how many topics are talking about certain arguments.

For example looking at the number of threads those are some suggestions with high feedback:

Problem: buying something from NPCs vendors is painful due to high number of trash/useless items.
Solution: proposed solutions include auto-stackable items (NPC repair aumatically weapons and armors sold) or NPC don't accept some useless stuff.

Problem: some skills need fix or improvement, like junk gathering or repair.
Solution: lower again junk cooldown to 2 mins and make Repair skill cooldown stackable to 20 mins.

...and so on.

When we reach about ten suggestion we can vote them with pool, choose the ones with higher votes and move them to "high priority suggestion".

:)

Edit: also I think that suggestions for "modify" something pre-existent get automatically higher priority than "create" or "add" something from zero.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:32:01 pm by Ombra »
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

C47

• DeviantArt
Re: High priority changes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:03:43 pm »

1. autorepair
I (and not only me) prefere to buy high det weapons, it's much cheaper and i can repair it later
1. useless stuff
if you have 1900 caps and some roots f.e. you can buy sth for 2000. You don't need to go shit shoveling to earn 100 caps or search to vendor that will buy it (roots)

2. after repairing you should get more exp (depend on % of item repair like in first aid and depend on class of item, f.e. 10mm pistol(no profession needed) is simpler than 10mm smg(SG lvl1))
stackable cooldown is good too, but 20min is to high, 5-10 min should be better
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:11:48 pm »

Problem: buying something from NPCs vendors is painful due to high number of trash/useless items.
Solution: proposed solutions include auto-stackable items (NPC repair aumatically weapons and armors sold) or NPC don't accept some useless stuff.

Agreed, I don't think Gun dealers should buy stuff like Broc flower or maybe even a gun with 99% detoriation.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:14:41 pm »

How do that? With vote (maybe a pool) or simply looking how many topics are talking about certain arguments.

Problem: some skills need fix or improvement, like junk gathering or repair.
Solution: lower again junk cooldown to 2 mins and make Repair skill cooldown stackable to 20 mins.

When we reach about ten suggestion we can vote them with pool, choose the ones with higher votes and move them to "high priority suggestion".

The market sure is a pain in the ass, so something like stackable items, trader wont buy or gives low amount of caps for certain useless things would be neato. And cumultative cooldown for repair would be nice to have aswell.

And it would be really cool to have a pool here!

but I think a poll would be better served :P

//I'd just like to add, please no HQ ore/mineral stuff here, we already got a bazillion threads about that
(bikkebakke, Posts: 300 hyay!!!)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:17:37 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:55:32 pm »

LoL, misstype.

Anyway, keep on with suggestions, I will gather them and go for a poll.
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »

Agreed, I don't think Gun dealers should buy stuff like Broc flower or maybe even a gun with 99% detoriation.

afcoarse a gundealer would buy a gun, no matter what condition. They can just take it apart, and use the parts to make a new gun.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 01:06:38 am »

Well Ombra this kind of management should be up to devs/admins/moderators to do it since we have no clue whenether is the suggestion/problem/solution already solved by devs or if they don't have some plans for it etc.

It would be definitely a good thing to have suggestions more organized (some are already trying to make some complex suggestions) but its not in our power to do so. Devs have to get down here and start saying what is worth suggesting and what is not. Otherwise it will remain the same when everyone just brainstorms theirs ideas here (that repeat more or less) and devs decide behind the closed door whenever to use it or not. And so far we have seen only a few suggestions implemented. So it seems to me like devs are already pretty sure what they want ingame and how it should look like and this whole suggestion forum is from 99.9% useless. Only that 0.1% are modified suggestions that made it to the game. But that won't stop us from posting shitload of new suggestions every day, will it?  ;)
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »

I would like more activism of devs in this forum, looks like is the one more ignored, even if more important (after Bug section).

They should reply with fast answer "we take in consideration", "nice suggestion, we put in high priority", "impracticable because of engine" or "shitty suggestion" and close the topic, so to avoid spam or pages of suggestion they are not going to implement or give a fuck about  ;D

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 03:26:24 pm »

We need a CM thats like a GM god that has inside info and helps communicate between players and devs. Btw what about the other devs? Lexx pwns good/bad suggestions every now and then, and Solar does some good math, but what about the other devs? :(
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 03:37:45 pm »

We have Izual too, but he said has no info about intenal devs decisions.
I never saw Rusty on forum, but often lose time in game  ;D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.