"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 03:20:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: [Archive] Questions and Answers #2  (Read 96986 times)

Surf

• это моё.
[Archive] Questions and Answers #2
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:46:53 pm »

Feel free to ask your questions about the game here: Where to find a particular item, how to complete a particular quest, how to find a particular NPC, etc.
Other players will answer you.
Check the official wiki before asking your question. You can also search the forum.
                             - The game's staff

----------------------

So, another go since the old one was full.

Post here your short questions which don't deserve an own thread. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:35:37 am by Lexx »

M.D.Master

• Death is but a door, Time is but a window.
Re: Questions and Answers #2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 06:18:16 pm »

Hi Solar and everybody else who bothers reading my question!

I, as I am a relatively new player, would like to ask all experienced and/or wise players what they think about joining the raiders faction.

My goal for my first character was to become a better-than-average small arms gunsmith and so far, I like how it's going.

At the moment I have the Gunsmith profession [2] (thanks, Boyce on this occasion :) ) and would like to get the third level as well.
But from all what I have learnt through the wiki and hearsay, some considerable drawbacks come along with joining the raiders.
As far as I know, however, the only way to obtain Level [3] is becoming an "evil" raider with Miller as my mentor.

Now here comes my discrepancy:
I am a good natured player (so is my character) *thumbsup for the trait*
and would rather refrain from joining raiders if there was any other way to achieve my goal.

So, my fellow wastelanders, what is your advice?

And please no stupid answers like "make a new character" or "omg your so pwnd"
I take this roleplaying thing pretty seriously and think, most other wastelanders should do so, too.
But I am well aware of the fact that there's idiots of every age, in every country, some with really disturbing affectations
and some suffering from massive complexes...

Apart from the last paragraph:
Thank you all in advance for your help!
M.D.Master
It's easier to destroy than to create...
Go create something!

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:22:24 pm »

Well, join raiders, learn what you need, quit raiders, wait for a while and then your karma shpuld be alright.
RPly saying: you are joining Raiders to steal their secrets, you are somebodys undercover agent or doing this for your own good.

Blubber we miss You!!!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:22:58 pm »

Currently there is really no other way in gaining the third level of the small guns profession.  :-\
You'll have just average weapons if you don't want to part of the raiders. But I like how you think of your actions and the consequences they do in the game for your character. :) It was the same reason I refrain from Small Guns 3 and rather take Armorer 1/2. I don't want my character to be part of an evil organisation. ;)
But, if we are lucky and wait patient for the next update, maybe there'll be new ways to obtain SG3, not just at the Raiders camp. :)

M.D.Master

• Death is but a door, Time is but a window.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:33:22 pm »

Wow! Thanks for your more-than-swift replies!
I really appreciate your help and will attempt that spy scheme ^^

Your RP explanation really got me! My biggest issue was that I could possibly never
show up in the Republic or any other peace-loving city again...

But now my worries are all gone and I go pick up that suitcase with jet and bring this whole thing on the way
*masterplan initiated*  ;D

So thanks again and good luck in the wastes!
It's easier to destroy than to create...
Go create something!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:10:34 pm »

Sharpshooter.
"You have a talent for hitting things at longer distances. For each level of this Perk, you get a +2 bonus to Perception for the purposes of determining range modifiers. It's easier than ever to kill at long range!"

As I understood it gives +2 PE to formula for % to hit over 5 hexes.

But someone said once that also increases FoV range. Is it true? I doubt it, just need clearifaction.

Edit:
Searched for forum, found an answer, nvm.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:15:44 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 10:41:43 pm »

What exactly is the yellow circle on the map...i made the mistake of going into one...and dying almost immediately....i thought it was just a game bug w/ random stuff popping up on the map..i didn't know u could go inside it
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 10:49:18 pm »

What exactly is the yellow circle on the map...i made the mistake of going into one...and dying almost immediately....i thought it was just a game bug w/ random stuff popping up on the map..i didn't know u could go inside it

It's where a caravan or car has been stopped and is in an encounter or area.

I.E. (id est) Yellow circle = Luring area where douchebags like to kill anyone who enters as soon as they show up.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:17:23 am »

Sharpshooter.
"You have a talent for hitting things at longer distances. For each level of this Perk, you get a +2 bonus to Perception for the purposes of determining range modifiers. It's easier than ever to kill at long range!"

As I understood it gives +2 PE to formula for % to hit over 5 hexes.

But someone said once that also increases FoV range. Is it true? I doubt it, just need clearifaction.

Edit:
Searched for forum, found an answer, nvm.
Yes, is true. Your FoV range increase. Just aswering for anyone who wants to know.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 02:01:23 pm »

Question for thinking:
To pick "Adrenaline Rush" perk (gives you +1 ST, when your HP drops below 50%) you need <10 ST.
So, you have 9 ST.
Picking this perk on 6th level.
Then on 12th level you picking "Gain Strength" perk.
Now you have 10 ST.
And now you're under 50% HP, so you...?

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 02:06:22 pm »

Probably you won't be able to take perk "Gain strength" if you took "Adrenaline Rush" before.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 02:08:15 pm »

Probably you won't be able to take perk "Gain strength" if you took "Adrenaline Rush" before.
Wrong answer. Just try to pick "Bruiser" trait with 9 ST.
You'll have 0 or 1 ST, can't remember.

So with these 2 perks and <50% HP you'll have 0 or 1 ST! Theoretically. May be.... must be.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 02:12:43 pm »

In fact, you will just have 10ST. What you see on your character SPECIAL when you take buiser with ST is a bug and is not apply IG. It's just stop at 10. Same with Adrenaline rush I guess.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 02:17:35 pm »

In fact, you will just have 10ST. What you see on your character SPECIAL when you take buiser with ST is a bug and is not apply IG. It's just stop at 10. Same with Adrenaline rush I guess.
Damn it, just tested it, yes, 10 ST, not 1 or 0.
But I can remember very long time ago in pew-wipe I once did 10 ST + Bruiser + 10 AG + Small Frame, so I got around 90% Unarmed at 1st level. And when I started a game, I still had ~90% Unarmed, but my ST and AG was on min. Now it's on 10.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:26:10 pm »

Normally when someone steals the guards say "It seems like ___ is interested in your possessions", but sometimes it says other comments that don't specify a name.

For example, after you see someone steal, and the NCR guard says something like "You didn't even try, did you?" should I be allowed to shoot the guy who stole?  Regardless of any bugs, etc, that is.

Answer: Yes

P.S. yeah I saw the guy do it, so I knew who it was.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:42:44 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.