"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:11:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Explosives checking not on activating, but on entering area.  (Read 1652 times)

If you activating dynamite at town and then walking near guard, or guard walking near you, he/they [guard(s)] shout on you "WARNING! TERRORIST DETECTED!" or something like that, and then shoot you. It's ok.
But, if you activating dynamite on world map (of couse it's the best place), and then coming to someone's back and plant dynamite at him, only then it starting to count as "activated" (because changed inventory, so it's scripted), and guards instantly killing that person. So you can kill everyone at NCR with help guards by this method.

Suggestion: when you entering location, every activated dynamite will be moved from your inventory to your inventory again. So guards will notice it if you come too close.

Because now you can plant dynamite at anyone, and then in few seconds guards will shot him. With this suggestion, you (bomber/thief) must be careful and you can't kill players, who standing near guards, because they will spot dynamite.

Really problem isn't in explosion. Problem is in guards. They're main killers, dynamite just a marker, who marks a target for guards.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:30:34 pm by RavenousRat »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Explosives checking not on activating, but on entering area.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:31:19 pm »

If you activating dynamite at town and then walking near guard, or guard walking near you, he/they [guard(s)] shout on you "WARNING! TERRORIST DETECTED!" or something like that, and then shoot you. It's ok.
But, if you activating dynamite on world map (of couse it's the best place), and then coming to someone's back and plant dynamite at him, only then it starting to count as "activated" (because changed inventory, so it's scripted), and guards instantly killing that person. So you can kill everyone at NCR with help guards by this method.

Suggestion: when you entering location, every activated dynamite will be moved from your inventory to your inventory again. So guards will notice it if you come too close.

Because now you can plant dynamite at anyone, and then in few seconds guards will shot him. With this suggestion, you (bomber/thief) must be careful and you can't kill players, who standing near guards, because they will spot dynamite.

Really problem isn't in explosion. Problem is in guards. They're main killers, dynamite just a marker, who marks a target for guards.

no no, i dont agree with your suggestion, too much checking cant be good :> Better disabling stealing activated items :>
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:45:51 pm »

Vedaras, you missed 2nd.... act. When you killed me by this way, it wasn't so massive... Guards just killed me, and can't remember, may be other guy who picked it up.
But in a hour... there was another guy (thief, who has been killed by me like 9348539 times) planted a dynamite on me, and then, when guards killed me, other guy looted me and died too, then 3rd, and then 4th, it was really fun. Don't know what was next, because it was over for replication time, but I think there was alot deaths. Btw, all dead got an armor, and even one a robe ^_^ So that 1 dynamite forced guards to kill alot people. It can be even called an exploit, but who knows. Anyway it's really easy to get stuff from players at NCR, very easy. So that's why I suggested this. So guards will try to detect real bomber/thief, not kill everyone who has his dynamite.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 11:47:08 pm »

well if active items stealing would be disabled your 2nd act wouldnt have happened neither.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09:50 am »

This is an ok idea.  Pretty kewl but...  hmmm surely theres anoter exploit to this exploit solver...  THERE ALWAYS IS!
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.