"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 05:01:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Metal Detector  (Read 1469 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Metal Detector
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:08:05 pm »

Fearing it would die with the other thread, I made this its own suggestion. I think metal detectors could add a lot to this game. Like in the Minefield! thread, they could be used to locate traps. They could also be used as a way for beginners to find things.

There could be several quests where an NPC checks if you have a metal detector and if you do, sends you out to a large spawned map to find an item.

Possibilities include :
- A part for a car for T-Ray (spawn map is a junkyard with cars)
- Dogtags that a friend wants you to retrieve from his buddy's grave site-given by NPCs all over the world (map similar to golgotha with bodies everywhere)
- Some technological part near Navarro that the Brotherhood wants you to recover (ruins of some abandoned Enclave base)
- Vault City/NCR wants to find historical documents and things in a time capsule (could be any map)

Besides the quests, the metal detector could be used on encounter maps to find minor things like caps, junk, one of those rare but completely useless items, or even a small chunk of ore (which would just be an item you pick up and would still add to gathering cooldown). Once your metal detector shows something, you need a shovel to dig up whatever is there. There could be creatures on some of them, but only on quests that required a higher level or something along those lines. The possibility of adding a sound whenever something is close (like a real metal detector works) would be cool, but I'm not sure if the engine can handle that or not.

Let me know what you think, and more quest possibilities would make this suggestion even better.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:09:46 pm »

Interesting thing, but would be useful only when mines will be ingame.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:37:30 pm »

It would be helpful when mines come in, but it could still be useful for the quests and random digging opportunities.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:12 pm »

treasure hunter! You can get the repeatable quest form midget in BH its just like the monte carlo ones but you need to find and dig.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.